Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Met online Sept 99, spoke for 2 weeks every night, then met face to face Oct 99 - I was 31. It was NOT love at first site, I told a friend there wouldn't be a second date. Fast forward to Jan 2000 and we are living together - got married in 2003 and will be celebrating 9 years in Sept.

This is my second marriage, his first and it WILL be the last :smile:
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have never been one to meet someone online however I had come out of a really bad relationship 6 months before joining POF. I knew I didnt want to meet anyone in a bar or club. So why not online?

Dont get me wrong there are alot of creepers on POF. Just weed them out.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I was on my high school dance team and we had a craft show, and his mom was working it (she makes candles). Anyways, he walked in the building as I was walking out to check on someone, I turned around stared him down, looked at my friend and said "Oh my God, I want one of those!". I made it a point to introduce myself, we flirted a lot over a game of bowling on his cell phone. He went to the bathroom, and when he got back I had exited out of the bowling game and type "Wanna go to the movies with me tonight?" he looked at me, smiled and said yes, and we started dating that night. Now we've been together a little over 7 years, and getting married in exactly 4 months :love: :heart:
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I met my girlfriend on okcupid in 2010 and we've been together ever since! :D
  • taygrad
    taygrad Posts: 19
    Options
    We met online through yahoo personals (back when they still had that for free). Neither of us were looking for relationships, but someone platonic to hang out with. We went rollerskating and it turned into a 17-hour date and one epic hug that we neither could ever forget. Fate pulled us apart, but we got back together 6.5 years later, and it was like we had known each other the entire time. A month later, I moved in, another month and we were engaged, and 5 years later, we're still that disgusting couple that all our friends complain about. They say "Relationships take work..." and we say "ours doesn't."

We're literally just perfect for each other. :)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    same school & same church since we were 8. He liked me & didnt like him....
    then bam !!10 years later he had me.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    We met at a local martini bar. I was on the dance floor with a friend and he walked past a couple of times. My friend grabbed him the second pass by and started dancing with him, but he kept staring at me. He walked off. My friend walked off. I kept dancing. The next thing I knew, he was next to me and talking to me. I didn't make it easy for him b/c I wasn't being very chatty, but he persisted and got my number. I was 35 and he was 27 at the time. We have been married 2 1/2 years now and he is absolutely the best thing that has happened to me besides my kiddos! :)
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I met my OH at work, I hadnt been there long and i saw him in his suit looking good, i didnt even know he worked there or that he was the manager haha, it was one of those 'ive got to have him' thoughts =]
    &&& about 10 months later i did =]
    Been together about 3 years now and have a 10 month old daughter =] x
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have never been one to meet someone online however I had come out of a really bad relationship 6 months before joining POF. I knew I didnt want to meet anyone in a bar or club. So why not online?

Dont get me wrong there are alot of creepers on POF. Just weed them out.

Yeah I recently got out of an on/off relationship with someone after 3 years... And now I am interested in finding someone who is actually right for me..
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    At a pool party. I was 12 he was 14. Didn't date til a few years later. Have been married for 5 years happily!!!!!!
  • AHoggins
    AHoggins Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dated my husband when I was fourteen and we got back in contact in 2009 through facebook. We have now been together for three years and married for one year with two year old twin boys :)
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    We met at work where we were both servers. He trained me. It was NOT love at first site. Actually neither of us really could stand each other. He bugged me because he was always cranky and I bugged him because I would push his buttons on purpose because he was always cranky. Plus we both were dating other people. Several months passed and we started bonded over basketball and we eventually both broke up with the other people. We moved in together 4 months after we started dating, got engaged after one year and we've been together almost 3 years now. :)
  • Guppiie
    Guppiie Posts: 2
    Options
    YOUTUBE! My husband was browsing videos as he still does all the time and he happened to see my videos, thought I was hilarious, sent me a message asking if I was a "GAMER" and we are now happily married! We've been married for 2 years, Been together a total of 5 years! = )
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    YOUTUBE! My husband was browsing videos as he still does all the time and he happened to see my videos, thought I was hilarious, sent me a message asking if I was a "GAMER" and we are now happily married! We've been married for 2 years, Been together a total of 5 years! = )

This story is awesome!! I love it.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I met playing kickball and it was not love at first sight. We were both dating other people - although both relationships weren't going so well - so we became friends and hung out with all the other kickball teammates for about 6 months. Then I was single, he was single a few months later (although everyone knew, including me, that he had a crush on me for a little while helping his breakup), and we went on our first date and never looked back. Been dating 4 years and getting married next April.

It was actually the first time (and hopefully last time) I ever dated a friend, or a guy that I knew previously.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Single parent chat room. He asked if we could meet. I said somewhere public. He suggested a U of M football game (my alma mater). It was love at first sight. Married 10 years this week. :love:
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    <~~Not married anymore....Met my Wife on the commuter tran going back and forth to Downtown Chicago daily for work...
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    We were mutual friends through an ex of mine, and all played an online game together. After my ex and I split up, my husband was someone I could talk to and confide in. He lived in England and I was in the US, and I had also just turned 18 (and he was 25), so it was a little weird. We kept in touch over the years via email and then Facebook and all became popular, so we friended each other on there around the time that I dumped another boyfriend (I know, his timing is perfect, right?). It just... happened. I flew to England a month later and we just got on. We put in for the fiance visa 4 months after we started dating, and he formally proposed shortly after. We'll be married for 2 years in September :)
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was an LMT (Massage Therapist) working out of a Chiropractic Clinic. This young gal was sent to me after having a car accident. Saw her 3 times a week for several months on an Insurance claim. The Chiropractor was my wife, but we were in the midst of a divorce and hadn't told anyone. Right before Christmas the client, Jan, asked what Dr. Chris (the Chiroprator) were doing for the holidays. I told her we we separated and going through a divorce. We started talking and found out that I lived about a mile from her now. She said, "That's right by my house. We should get together for a drink." It took a couple months, but we met for a drink at the end of January. Things went well. I asked her out on a date the next week. On our second date, I proposed. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year.

So romantic... Awww, beautiful! Thank you for sharing this! :-)
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Online. Back in the day (1999) there was a program where you hit, "Random Chat," and talk with whomever it brought up. A friend of mine random-chatted my now husband and after talking to him a bit thought he should chat with me too. He is from Denmark and had never been to the US. Long story short, we chatted online a bit, decided to talk on the phone, decided to visit, decided to look into immigration....decided to get married :-) We've been married 11 years this month.