Runners: what (if any) form of ID do you carry with you?

Options

Replies

• Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    huh. This is why MFP is awesome. It has literally never occurred to me to carry ID and I didn't know RoadID existed until I read this thread. Thanks guys!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    huh. This is why MFP is awesome. It has literally never occurred to me to carry ID and I didn't know RoadID existed until I read this thread. Thanks guys!
    This exactly!
    I just started c25k and use my phone. But other than that,Ihaven't carried anything.

What is more recommended, theankle or wrist one?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This exactly!
    I just started c25k and use my phone. But other than that,Ihaven't carried anything.

From the mouth of a Paramedic - The wrist!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow totally spaced carrying ID. I do make sure I run with my phone though.
  • kiku76
    Options
    This exactly!

From the mouth of a Paramedic - The wrist!
    thanks!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Those road ID things that go on your shoes are pretty awesome.
  • kiku76
    Options
    LOL I have nothing to put on this bracelet but my name and hubby's name.
    What else should I put?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    What else should I put?

Phone number. I have the interactive one due to some medical stuff (like that fact that I, uh, tend to not heal after surgery). Totally worth the couple bucks a year in my opinion.
  • johnallen12
    johnallen12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    KInd of a hassle, but I take my driver's license out of my wallet and take it along. Then when I'm done, I put it back in the wallet.
  • kiku76
    Options
    What else should I put?

Phone number. I have the interactive one due to some medical stuff (like that fact that I, uh, tend to not heal after surgery). Totally worth the couple bucks a year in my opinion.

thanks. My only surgeries have been c-sections and I dont foresee me running anytime after if I have another one.
    I am considering the interactive one. Then I can add all my medical insurance info and everything and easily update my emergency contacts
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My speck iPhone case holds my credit, ID, and bus pass. Sometimes I throw in cash, that way I can get home if I hit the wall (training for a half marathon in a calorie deficit, me and the wall became well acquainted)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

ditto!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    My phone....I don't have any tags.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I take my phone and a laminated business card. In case of emergency, I want someone to know who I am and not where I live.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a road ID as well.
    I have:
    my name - DOB (month/year)
    City, State
    hubby's name and phone #
    parents phone #
    blood type & insurance info
    a quote

Before I got the road ID, I put my DL in my phone case and have my hubby as ICE.
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well I have my medic alert bracelet I put on when I go running (type 1 diabetic) so I'm assuming that should be enough (it has an emergency number on there).
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about this recently. I fell last week and thought instantly if I was knocked unconscious no one would know who I was. I now run with a running wallet on my wrist with my id in it.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had a shoe tag that is reflective and has velcro on both ends so that it can be slipped between laces and closed like a little bracelet for my laces. There is space to write name, address, blood type, etc. Very handy. But I never leave home without my ID and my insurance card...just in case. I wrap them in a baggie or saran wrap so they don't get moist from being near my sweaty self. :smile: I ran three marathons and all my training runs were LONG. I tripped once and got really hurt and had to limp home. That was the day I started carrying my insurance card....just in case a good Samaritan takes my bloody self to the hospital. Safe running!
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone a couple yen, a couple dollars, and my MIL id just in case I decide to run off post. That way I can get back through the gate :P
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I hope I'm not the only one wondering what is a Road ID and How do I get one?