Berry's bare belly challenge - June edition

Options

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, i've uppsed my calories and seem to have put the (hopefully temporary) weight back right on my midsection - hopefully it'll fall off again in the next week! :-(
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Not long to go, how's everyone doing? I've just finished a reset week at maintenance, and I was supposed to be back at it hard this week but I've been bed-ridden with flu all weekend. The best I can do is set myself at a deficit for 0.5lb a week loss, track everything and try to get in at least a little exercise that doesn't set me coughing my lungs up :frown:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    This challenge has coincided with an injury which has prevented me from running (and for some of the month swimming and cycling). This, for me, has been a blow. But I've been able to keep on track by continuing with my weights and replacing my cardio with HiiT type workouts using movements which didn't aggravate my knee.

Looking at my "before" I'm not sure that I've made any progress and the scales and tape measure back that up with a 0.5 (just less than 1lb) and 1com waist line loss for the month.

But there are a few days left and I'll carry on (what else is there to do) and will post up pics after my Thursday morning swim.

I just need to work out a picture hosting site to store them to.
  • BerryH
    Options
    I just need to work out a picture hosting site to store them to.
    Photobucket does the trick for me and appears to be the MFP go-to site. Just remember to change IMG to img before and after. :smile:
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    As June 1st gets closer and closer, I'm getting cold feet.
    Is there a way to post pictures to just those on this thread, meaning pix wouldn't be shared w/ non-thread people?
    Don't think so.
    I am not comfortable w/ showing my pooch (smaller, but still a pooch) to everyone in cyberspace.

Amanda

(didn't help that I had many servings of sangria and mango bellinis at yesterday's HOT HOT BBQ.)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have been good this month with using the Ab wheel every day. I even told it on a camping vacation. Let's see how it looks when I post a pic in June.

Lets see if I do this right. I know it is a few days early, but here goes.

IMG-20120528-00142.jpg
  • BerryH
    Options
    Great job scribb!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, if anything I've put on weight due to upping my calories (early days) so I'm not sure I can bare or bear the embarassment. :-(
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Well done Scrib! Looking good there fella!
  • BerryH
    Options
    To those worried about exposure, remember this isn't an "after" photo thread and we're not recruiting six-pack fitness models, it's all about body confidence - belly or not, pooch or not, stretch-marks or not.

I've been rendered stationary for the best part of a couple of weeks and I can feel my waistline spread and my muscles atrophy as we speak, but I'm getting the old gut out in the next couple of days because we're all in it together and I'd like to feel the air round my midriff. Plus imagine how superlative it will be when I have this in a string of progress pictures ending in - eventually - my after shot :happy:
  • elizabethdc89
    elizabethdc89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally not in my comfort zone...guess it's time to step out of it eh?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    took my picture this morning. i am ready
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    count me in, who doesn't want a better looking belly!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need some motivation to work on my gut.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So June 1st you're starting over? I'm in. This is exactly the part of my body that I wanted to focus on for the next month anyway, maybe all of you will keep me honest and on track. Does anyone know how to post pic directly from a phone? It seems like every other app has this ability, why not MFP? I'm thinking there may be a way to do this that I just don't know about yet.
  • FitnessDivaK
    FitnessDivaK Posts: 229
    Options
    BUMP!
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I am in. I am going to have to bust my butt REAL hard this month though because my belly is awful and well...awful. Its my #1 thing I want to change about my body and trust me we are starting at the very beginning here of this goal.

Any more tips on targeting our bellies?!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    3 days away...eek! I'm still up for it though!
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So, I think I've found a way to post photos from my phone...kind of. If you post the photo to your tumblr and then copy the link into this thread it should work. Also, is it ok to post just an ab shot? I'm a high school teacher and the last thing I need is for some parent to claim I'm posting bikini shots online. By just showing the abs I think it becomes more about the fitness aspect as opposed to anything "inappropriate". What do you all think? Two days and counting....
  • BerryH
    Options
    So, I think I've found a way to post photos from my phone...kind of. If you post the photo to your tumblr and then copy the link into this thread it should work. Also, is it ok to post just an ab shot? I'm a high school teacher and the last thing I need is for some parent to claim I'm posting bikini shots online. By just showing the abs I think it becomes more about the fitness aspect as opposed to anything "inappropriate". What do you all think? Two days and counting....
    Whatever you're comfortable with cgray! The main thing is the workout, the photos are just because bellies of all shapes and sizes are AWESOME!