I really want a damn cupcake

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'd say what someone once told me.....that it's not worth it, it's only the first few bites that really taste good. But we all know that that's a load of crap.....that whole cupcake tastes frickin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I tip my hat to you....good job on sticking with the broccoli! When you wake up tomorrow morning and your belly feels nice and skinny you will know you made the right choice!!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite type of cupcake? I want that cupcake too!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump for later:bigsmile:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    But, instead I'll just eat this brocawi.

And that is a perfect example of a NSV (non-scale victory).

My well-meaning project manager brought in a box of Dunkin Donuts, with three of my favorites - chocolate glazed (squee!), and I sat there through a one-hour meeting with the box directly in front of me, smelling the delicious aroma, seeing the array of goodies, being offered one repeatedly. Staring longingly at the little star-shaped white sprinkles on The Chosen One. The One That Was To Be Mine. The One that I JUST NEEDED TO REACH OUT AND.... (((((NNNOOOOO!!!))))

In the end I spent the entire morning at my cubicle, with the box in the next cubicle. The box was open, releasing the sweet, sweet aroma, calling to me. Knowing that The Chosen One was still there. Waiting...

The box is now in a trash can in the kitchen.

The Chosen One is still in it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat a cupcake...enjoy your life. Run a couple extra blocks.

Do you realize how many extra blocks she would have to run to offset the calories in a cupcake?
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    THEN EAT A DAMN CUPCAKE! :laugh: But just eat one. You can do some extra exercise or cut back somewhere else for the day! :wink:
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    not sure if being dense but what is brocawi?
    Also eat a cupcake, exercise it off, unless you are eating a HUG cupcake it won't take that much work to offset it
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Do you realize how many extra blocks she would have to run to offset the calories in a cupcake?

First item in search for "cupcake" per MFP: 250 calories

A 150 pound person (no idea of her actual weight...somewhat random number here) running at 5 mph for an hour burns about 540 calories. That's 28 minutes of running to burn 250 calories. (Ignoring the lesser issues such as burning fewer calories throughout the day after cardio, the possible impairment of recovery from strength training, etc.)

I'm not saying it isn't a viable solution, but it's important to know what's involved.

(Sorry, this rant is most likely the result of too many times reading things like "Go ahead and eat that extra Chipotle burrito, just do some extra situps tonight" without realizing that someone would have to do 1,600 situps in 2.5 hours to burn the 900ish calories.)

Dagnabbit...now I want a cupcake.
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options
    It's really okay to have "a cupcake" on occassion. Just consume in moderation, AKA, don't make it a daily habit. If you deprive yourself of something you really crave then you could set yourself up for failure, or even an episode of binge eating. We still have to live and enjoy our lives. Cupcakes are definitely the simple pleasures in life.....

One cupcake will not cause you to gain weight, not even a pound. But 3500 calories worth of cupcakes will!!!!
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options

A 150 pound person (no idea of her actual weight...somewhat random number here) running at 5 mph for an hour burns about 540 calories. That's 28 minutes of running to burn 250 calories. (Ignoring the lesser issues such as burning fewer calories throughout the day after cardio, the possible impairment of recovery from strength training, etc.)

I'm not saying it isn't a viable solution, but it's important to know what's involved.

(Sorry, this rant is most likely the result of too many times reading things like "Go ahead and eat that extra Chipotle burrito, just do some extra situps tonight" without realizing that someone would have to do 1,600 situps in 2.5 hours to burn the 900ish calories.)

LOL LOL...me too!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Have a cupcake. I wanted an ice cream sundae last night so I made it. I measured it out, 320 calories of pure goodness...oh and I was still under my calorie macro for the day. Even if I wasn't, one day isn't going to kill my lifestyle.

this
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to have ice cream later! And I'm not going to run an extra step today.

I think if you look at your diet as a weekly thing instead of daily, you can more easily adjust to make room for these 2-300 calorie indulgences.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Make some sugar free pumpkin chocolate cupcakes. Only 66 calories and very moist and yummy.

This sounds yummy - do you have a recipe!?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    you could have one of the small cupcakes. i would to satisfy the craving.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :wink: I'm gonna make a low fat low cal Pink lemonde cupcake. If it turns out great i'll be sure to send some your way :wink:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    NOMNOMNOMNOM CUPCAKE INHALATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just kidding.. but I will be snagging these recipes.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options

How many calories did you burn creating this educational rant?
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

How many calories did you burn creating this educational rant?

This is why I like the fat2fit method. I eat at my goal weight's TDEE. I don't track exercise (unless I work really hard, I want to ensure I am above my BMR). If it fits in my daily goal and doesn't wack out my macros I eat it. Its by far the EASIEST method I have found yet. I am getting 2500 calories a day, have energy for workouts, and I am NEVER EVER hungry. Oh yeah...and I am almost a size 32 waist again. :D
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I want a cupcake too.

And I make the BEST chocolate cupcakes with whipped chocolate ganache.