I really want a damn cupcake

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat a cupcake...enjoy your life. Run a couple extra blocks.

Do you realize how many extra blocks she would have to run to offset the calories in a cupcake?

First item in search for "cupcake" per MFP: 250 calories

A 150 pound person (no idea of her actual weight...somewhat random number here) running at 5 mph for an hour burns about 540 calories. That's 28 minutes of running to burn 250 calories. (Ignoring the lesser issues such as burning fewer calories throughout the day after cardio, the possible impairment of recovery from strength training, etc.)

I'm not saying it isn't a viable solution, but it's important to know what's involved.

(Sorry, this rant is most likely the result of too many times reading things like "Go ahead and eat that extra Chipotle burrito, just do some extra situps tonight" without realizing that someone would have to do 1,600 situps in 2.5 hours to burn the 900ish calories.)

Dagnabbit...now I want a cupcake.

How many calories did you burn creating this educational rant?

Not many, but I'm currently trying to put on some weight so no worries. However, that's five minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

how about having a cupcake?

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Oh yeah, now I remember. I've been eating almost entirely paleo for about six months now, and I want my extra calories to be whole/clean/paleotastic foods. So no cupcakes for me. I guess someone else can eat my cupcake for me.
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Better yet, a cupcake paired with wine. Quite possibly my favorite combo...Saarloos & Sons wine and Enjoy Cupcakes. Great now I have to do an extra hour of cardio just for thining about it. =-)

6413_99379224431_82956634431_1929245_6001830_n.jpg
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

i LOVE CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE! Her recipes are awesome!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to ONE cupcake a month from a specialty bakery here.

I looked it up and it's listed as 500 calories for one.

Just cannot resist a Margarita flavored cupcake (that's the special of the month), March was a Irish Cupcake Bomb. Whiskey and Guiness flavored cupcake.

I workout extra on those days and figure it into my calories. I refuse to eat any other cupcake than a Cupcake Royale Cupcake.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Just eat the damn cupcake

I'm making brownies from the box tonight mmmmm no guilt here
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    NOthing tastes as good as skinny feels....... RESIST THE DARN CUPCAKE!!!!! LOL

Except bacon!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Then eat a cupcake.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I find it's easier and tastier to just have the cup cake. I have one every 4 to 8 weeks, because they're good and there's nothing wrong with the occasional cup cake.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I always commented how much I'd like if my hometown would open up a fancy cupcake bakery

Literally right after I started this journey, one decides to open up! [insert rage here]
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Split a cupcake with someone. Half the calories. I'm a cupcake baker with a local TV spot so I constantly write new recipes and always have them in the house. Trust me, you can make a cupcake work.

I am currently starting up a baking business, so when I am trying out new recipes. I give them all away. I don't keep any in the house. HA!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I absolutely loathe this phrase.

Please eat a cookies and cream cupcake. It's delicious and makes me feel better about reading that phrase.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making the triple chocolate chunk muffin recipe yet? They are fantastic! (especially with buttercream icing - if you want to make them 279 cals instead of 79!)
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    get the cupcake!! :)
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try some celery with a little salt and pepper.
    Thats just as good as a cupcake.

ha! I crack myself up sometimes....
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I want one now too! :love:
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I love the Bahamas Buck's Birthday Cake Thin Ice snowcone...0 calories and it tastes just like a damn cupcake! :)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I absolutely loathe this phrase.

Please eat a cookies and cream cupcake. It's delicious and makes me feel better about reading that phrase.

THIS. There are many things that taste as good as skinny feels. And now I will go punch myself for typing that phrase, even in a different form.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Geez, I hardly ever eat cupcakes but now I want one too.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I had a banana muffin. I will work around it just for today. :) No regrets.
  • redpat74
    redpat74 Posts: 33
    Options
    Read my blog.... do you want the cupcake and desire to die in 20 years????? If so, that is your future!!!!!!