30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with the lower ab crunches and what I did was put a rolled up towel or just my hands underneath my bum and it took away the intensity a bit. Not sure if it would work for everyone, but it definitely helped me modify!
    I've tried the hands and rolled up towel and still a twinge in my lower spine. I'm going to slowly try it again today. I've been practicing rolling my lower spine towards my belly while I'm sitting on my ball chair. It's almost the same movement so I'll see if I can do that laying on the ground. :)

Thanks for the suggestions!!!
  • RScisco07
    RScisco07 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey there! I started the 30 day shred on Monday and can totaslly feel a difference already! It really kicked my butt! I started the C25K last Monday and have been doing that 6 days a week, along with Weight Watchers (eating My Fit Foods). I will also post my before and after pics when I am finished. Good luck to everyone!
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also on day 1 today. Can I ask everyone what size hand weights did you use?

Hi there - I started out with 3lb weights in L1 and eventually got to the point where I didn't have to take those 5 second breaks from the burning. I just started L2 and only have access to 5lb weights because I am not at home - my arms feel like wet noodles (couldn't even blow-dry my hair)...counting down the days to get back to the 3lb weights again
  • SnuggleXPuff
    SnuggleXPuff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS today! I've already taken all my measurements and weighed myself. I just got to take a few 'before' pictures then I'll be ready!

I'll also be trying to go for walks everyday to combat the soreness.
  • RScisco07
    RScisco07 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have started with the 3 pound weights. I could probably use the 5 pound weights but I wanted to make sure I stuck with it everyday so I made it just a bit easier on my body at first.
  • axlgirl
    axlgirl Posts: 8
    Options
    I am on Day 5 of the 30Day Shred and plan on doing it without missing a day we shall see though base ball season starts this week and I play 2 nights a week but I figure its only 25mins to squeeze in once a day. I also took before photos I didnt do the meassurements and now I'm wondering if I should...before I get much farther into it.

I used 5lb weights but for some excercise example the chest flies I am thinking of bumpin them up to 10lbs
  • chrock87
    chrock87 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am also starting 30 Day Shred again! I graduated from Army Basic Training last August, and went straight to the AIT schooling that lasted until October. I was never really great at the PT (physical training) tests, so I always had to work out on my own after lights out at basic training (obviously this would only include pushups and situps, seeing as we had no access to any sort of equipment). In AIT I was able to have my computer, so I did the 30 day shred for my workouts on my own. Even after just graduating basic training, this about did me in! I made it to level two, and perhaps tried level three a few times. I could tell the difference drastically on my run time and my endurance. I have another PT test coming up mid June, so I am going to start it again! I just need the motivation to wake up in the morning to do it, because I use my evenings to run! Jillian Michaels is amazing! Has anyone tried her Six week six pack dvd? Oh my gosh, now that is intense! I only did it a few times, I was drenched in sweat after, almost like one of my past drill srgt's had just given me a brutal smoking or "remedial" PT session :)
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started this last week and it is a killer. Not sure how many calories it burns in those 20 minutes, does anybody know?

I've read somewhere on one of the boards on MFP that 30DS burns 503 calories an hour for someone who weighs 154 lbs. So I figure it up for me personally and I burn about 241 calories in 20 minutes at 221 lbs.
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 3rd day of 30DS a few minutes ago. I'm definitely going to need some support & motivation. So far, I haven't been too terribly sore, sure I feel it in my abs & legs mostly, but not to the point where it hurts whenever I move or anything. Just a reminder that my body is gonna change! I never realized how much I hated jumping jacks until I started this though.
  • Under_Construction13
    Under_Construction13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday ( Wednesday) :) I was thinking it was going to be way harder than it was ( from all the convos) but I do feel it in my legs and right under my butt... I cant wait till I start noticing the belly fat go away...
    Who has finished it? did you really notice any fat loss?

And, on our exercise diary thing, how do we put the DS, as interval traning? or whats best?
  • traceyfizz
    traceyfizz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have just got that dvd gonna start on saturday.....heres hoping
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ive just received my 30ds DVD woo hoo.

I'm going to start it Monday, since Ive got my routine set for this week already, but I'm going to measure myself again before I start 30ds and lets hope I make progress!!
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried her Six week six pack dvd? Oh my gosh, now that is intense! I only did it a few times, I was drenched in sweat after, almost like one of my past drill srgt's had just given me a brutal smoking or "remedial" PT session :)

Oh my gosh, I know! I popped that DVD in after one of my last days on L1 thinking it'd be a quick toning session . . . so far from the truth. I have never felt my abs burning so quick into a move but what was crazy was it was almost a full body work-out and it made me sweat more than the 30DS did! Can't wait to see the results from it!
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (Level 1), took my measurements/weight, and I'm still sore today.

Will be doing Day 2 within an hour; hopefully I'll live.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    And, on our exercise diary thing, how do we put the DS, as interval traning? or whats best?

I'd like to know this too. I made a written note that I started, but had no idea how to log it. So I'm going to stick with my normal calorie limit for now (don't have an HRM right now, need to save up).
  • Cacwells
    Cacwells Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread!! I needed the motivation to start it again and stick with it!!
    I am going to start day 1 level 1 tomorrow!!

Looking forward to reading everyones success!
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mizzy track it as circuit training - general it works out at 214 calories. Alot of the shred forums say it compares near enough the same with one of those calorie counters. I don't have one of those though, so just went with this.
    Seriously Ladies I did this at 9:30am when my lil' one was having a nap & my legs are still hurting, it's going to be a killer tomoz

I find that it is better catagorized under "Calisthenics" like push ups, sit ups, etc
    Here's a full definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics
  • happynmontana
    happynmontana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 3. Feeling Core Strength today and finally getting over the soreness. Was able to add treadmill afterwards. :smile:
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to take some before pics and measurements before I lose my nerve ;) good luck to all!
  • CeliCasi
    CeliCasi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am on day 8 of level one (will be doing it tonight). I upped my hand held weights to 8lbs on some of the routine and go back to my 5lbs or 3lbs when I cant do it. Last night my body ached and was having muslce spasms so much I had a hard time sleeping. LOL But I can definitely feel a difference in my body. I also notice that my belly doesnt bounce as much as it used to when I first started TMI lol