30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Level 1 is on Youtube, but otherwise you can buy the DVD online or through Amazon. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $9.
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Where do you get this program? Is it a television purchase or something online? Sounds like a lot of people are using this method so I'm interested!
    Hi, I got mine online from Amazon for only £4.99 with free delivery. You can also get Jillian's 30 day Meal Planner free to download from her website. I think it's under the ripped in 30 section, don't qoute me on it but I do remember seeing it on her site. I didn't bother with the meal planner though.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm starting literally right after posting this. Anyone think rest days should be factored in or should I plan the. Full 30 everyday? Aldo planning on finishing with yoga after in hopes of avoiding soreness. Off to take before pic!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow, it seems like only yesterday I began my shred. Im on my last day tomorrow! Good luck to all you ladies during your shreds, its a long, hard and sometimes very tiring journey but so worth the effort! I have lost 7lbs in weight and at my last measure in 2 ins off waist, 2 ins off hips and 3/4 ins off my bust. It's not all about the measurements though, I am amazed how my strength and stamina has improved...but the best bits... My tummy is so much flatter, love handles so much smaller, arms are more defined, bum looks more toned and the backs of my thighs are alot smoother (they were quite dimpley before), my legs look more shapely and I have a more streamlined body shape.

Two tips for you:

Take before and after pics, you will be amazed at the difference. I was too shy to take before photos but I so wish I did now :(

Take a rest day at least once a week. I have done my shred for 30 days in a row but a couple of times I have felt completely wiped out. I am doing ripped in 30 next and I will definitely be giving myself a day off each week.

Happy shredding!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I'll be starting mine tonight...again lol.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This evening will be my sixth day on 30DS. I am going to do 9 days rest one day on level 1, and then repeat for levels 2 and 3. Good luck to everyone. I still for the life of me cannot do a pushup so I do high knees.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I'll be starting mine tonight...again lol.

Me too! Add me if you want!
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump......
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    i'm almost thru my 30 days... level 3 is too hard for me to keep up with... i thought i was in much better shape... guess not :angry: :mad:
  • cwill34
    cwill34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 today and it was hard. I still have a hard time with the plank rows. How do you track exercise when you do one of these workouts?
  • fat2fab27
    fat2fab27 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm starting 30 ds today....can't wait to put before n after pics up!
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    I did level 3 today and it was hard. I still have a hard time with the plank rows. How do you track exercise when you do one of these workouts?

Circuit Training - General
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you have a HRM then you can add the exercise yourself with the approproate calories burned. I was tracking it as circuit training, general & MFP was logging it at 214 cals. I then purchased a HRM & according to that I burn between 360-420 calories, depending how much effort I put in
  • Lweber0723
    Lweber0723 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 3- tonight. The first day I did level 2 I thought I was going to die- last night it went much better! I took off 2 days over the weekend because I was out of town visiting my mom- do you think this a problem? Should I continue where I am at or do I have to start over! Any input would be greatly helpful!
  • newme2100
    newme2100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred on May 2nd. I'm still at Level 1. I still have to take some small breaks, but I'm over 50 and was pretty out of shape. I'm considering trying Level 2 tomorrow, but not sure if I should yet considering I can't make it 100% through Level 1 yet. What does everyone else think?
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi to all you shredders!

Just completed day 2 of level 1 and I'm broken :) Before I started tonight my legs were really sore and now I can barely sit down! Agghhh.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this agony. How long before it passes? I mean, by what day do you feel comfortable and not feel like your legs are on fire??
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My caaaaaaaaaaalves! Ok, now for day 2!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi to all you shredders!

Just completed day 2 of level 1 and I'm broken :) Before I started tonight my legs were really sore and now I can barely sit down! Agghhh.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this agony. How long before it passes? I mean, by what day do you feel comfortable and not feel like your legs are on fire??

It depends on how active you were before you started. But don't worry, your legs won't always be really sore. Usually by day 4 you'll notice your legs getting stronger and they shouldn't be as sore and stiff. Make sure you are stretching more than what Jillian has you do and drink PLENTY of water both before and after your workout.

After starting level 2 and working my muscles in a different way than I did in level 1 I was sore again, but only for a couple of days. I just finished day 5 of level 2 and notice I'm not as sore now as I was before.

Here's a few stretches you can try: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/126.shtml Make sure your body is already warmed up before doing any major stretching. If you aren't stretching right after your workout, then jog in place a little, do some jumping jacks then stretch out.

Again..HYDRATION is the key, make sure to drink some water and replace some of your lost salts/minerals with a recovery drink. I can't remember the name of the powder I use now, but when I get home tonight I can post it for you. When I used to take spinning classes, my instructor said to drink an 8oz glass of chocolate milk after exercise to feed your body.

Hang in there, you can do it!
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new here.

I just started with 30 Days Shred today and my legs are sore! I feel like I'll have a hard time getting up tomorrow. :))

Anyway, the workout was great and I feel like I could really lose some pounds. But I have to admit, I took breaks in between especially during cardio, it's killing me. I'm not physically active lately so my body is really adjusting. Hope I can continue until the 30th day.