30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of 30 ds! I talked my husband into doing it with me. We just finished the first workout. He doesn't look so happy right now, but I know he will feel better after a few days! LOL We took photos and before measurements last night. I'm hoping with the support we can make it through :smile:
    This post made me laugh, your husband is very brave doing it with you because you will want to punch him by day 3 when your body hurst & you cant hit the tv lol
    Good luck to you both & keep us upfated :happy:
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So, I just completed day 2 of level 2 30ds. It completely wiped me out! :sad: I ended up lying on the floor for about 15 min afterwards so I could cool down and catch my breath. I just keep telling myself "Just make it passed day 4, I'll feel stronger and it won't be as hard" :tongue: I'm working out on a level between Amanda(?) and Natalie and i'm using 3lb weights.

I already feel stronger and I am definitely more energized since starting the program. My husband is doing it with me (but we do it at different times-I'm a morning person, he's an evening person) But it helps to have someone encourage you and comiserate with!

Stay focused and stay encouraged everyone. If this 200+ lbs gal can do it, so can you! Just don't give up!!
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    So, I just completed day 2 of level 2 30ds. It completely wiped me out! :sad: I ended up lying on the floor for about 15 min afterwards so I could cool down and catch my breath. I just keep telling myself "Just make it passed day 4, I'll feel stronger and it won't be as hard" :tongue: I'm working out on a level between Amanda(?) and Natalie and i'm using 3lb weights.

I already feel stronger and I am definitely more energized since starting the program. My husband is doing it with me (but we do it at different times-I'm a morning person, he's an evening person) But it helps to have someone encourage you and comiserate with!

Stay focused and stay encouraged everyone. If this 200+ lbs gal can do it, so can you! Just don't give up!!

I took a look at level 2 as I will be going onto it on sunday & im seriously worried about the push up/planks. I tried to do a full "man" push up today & can't physically do it. I'm fine if I do them on my knees. How about u?
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Next week it will be 30 days since I've started the program and already can tell the difference. We can do it!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 of level 2 yesterday, I can already see strength and endurance changes. I was not as wiped out as day one, but I still can not manage to get the v-fly's with the squats right. Either I can squat, or v-fly (1/2 way), but I can't do both. I only have 5lb weights, so that is part of the problem, hopefully by the end of day 10 I can do it, but I doubt it. I never managed to master the side lunge and lateral raises on level 1 before moving up. I have weak arms!!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cheeky1095 - I did girl push ups through level one, but then when I started level to and you do the push up planks in the beginning, I was surprised how easily I did them man style! Give it a try and you might surprise yourself too!
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Started the Shred last night, and it was a very humbling experience, even for a 6'7" 235 poud man. I thought I'd be able to glide right through it, and just get a nice burn and sweat on, boy was I wrong. It didn't take long with the squat thrusts to let me know that I am not nearly as strong as I thought I was, and may have to drop down weight a bit tonight. The cardio parts weren't so bad, but it was the strength element that completely blasted me.

Humbled, but not defeated, I'll move on to night 2 this evening, even if I have to drop the weight a bit to keep going the whole 20 minutes. I'd be lying if I said I made it through last night without stalling.

It seems like it's mostly women using this workout, but a 20 minute intense workout is exactly what I need. I just don't have the patience for much more than that. I plan on starting my day with a 2 mile walk at a 4-4.5 MPH pace, and Shred will be the way I finish the evening.
  • slimpickings36
    Options
    I have done my 2nd day of level 1 and I never thought it could hurt so much just to sit down on the toilet lol, I feel so drained this afternoon.
    I have been exercising to extremes for over a year and even tore a ligament in my knee, but I have never felt it the day after like this dreading star jumps tomorrow :cry:
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm on my second day of 30DS and gosh did I feel like puking this morning. I love it though I hope it works for me and Im gonna keep going with it. Good Luck to us all!!!:wink:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Cheeky1095 - I did girl push ups through level one, but then when I started level to and you do the push up planks in the beginning, I was surprised how easily I did them man style! Give it a try and you might surprise yourself too!

Well done you! I shal take the advice & try my best, thanks for the encouragement :smile:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Started the Shred last night, and it was a very humbling experience, even for a 6'7" 235 poud man. I thought I'd be able to glide right through it, and just get a nice burn and sweat on, boy was I wrong. It didn't take long with the squat thrusts to let me know that I am not nearly as strong as I thought I was, and may have to drop down weight a bit tonight. The cardio parts weren't so bad, but it was the strength element that completely blasted me.

Humbled, but not defeated, I'll move on to night 2 this evening, even if I have to drop the weight a bit to keep going the whole 20 minutes. I'd be lying if I said I made it through last night without stalling.

It seems like it's mostly women using this workout, but a 20 minute intense workout is exactly what I need. I just don't have the patience for much more than that. I plan on starting my day with a 2 mile walk at a 4-4.5 MPH pace, and Shred will be the way I finish the evening.
    I myself thought exactly the same on day 1, I thought I was in fairly good shape & would be able to do the squats etc easily with me doing a 12 week course of post baby cardio which involves alot of squatting but man was I wrong :laugh:
    I too had to drop my weight until about day 6, once my body had adjusted & the soreness had wore off I upped it again.
    Good Luck tonight
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I have done my 2nd day of level 1 and I never thought it could hurt so much just to sit down on the toilet lol, I feel so drained this afternoon.
    I have been exercising to extremes for over a year and even tore a ligament in my knee, but I have never felt it the day after like this dreading star jumps tomorrow :cry:
    Haha I tried to avoid going to the toilet for the first 4 days for 2 reasons......1 - I couldn't face walking up the stairs & 2 - my legs hurt too much to even sit on the toilet :laugh: Kind of hard to achieve when you are drinking lots of water aswel lol. Good job it wears off after a couple of days & keep up the good work, while looking after your knee
  • ladyluck5_28
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am new to MFP, and so far am loving it. I am going to be starting the 30 shred this weekend, after reading all the posts about it, I am excited and scared...LOL... I do have a question about it, how do I record it under my Exercise on here? I have tried to find it under Cardio exercise, have typed it in so many ways and have had no success, any suggestions?
    Thanks so much!
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered the dvd on amazon this morning so i'll be starting as soon as it arrives. Will be interested to know how the first few days go for you so I know what to expect. I'm guessing pain!
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am new to MFP, and so far am loving it. I am going to be starting the 30 shred this weekend, after reading all the posts about it, I am excited and scared...LOL... I do have a question about it, how do I record it under my Exercise on here? I have tried to find it under Cardio exercise, have typed it in so many ways and have had no success, any suggestions?
    Thanks so much!
    Hi
    It isn't actually in the MFP database, When I started 8 days ago I was told to track it as circuit training, general - 20 mins - 200 cals .BUT I will say that yesterday I used a HRM to track my burn & the results was a 412 cal burn yesterday & 398 cal burn today. So if possible use a HRM so you know what you personally are burning. Hope this helps :smile:
  • ladyluck5_28
    Options
    That does help. Thanks so much!
  • FireSwan
    Options
    I took a look at level 2 as I will be going onto it on sunday & im seriously worried about the push up/planks. I tried to do a full "man" push up today & can't physically do it. I'm fine if I do them on my knees. How about u?

yeah, I usually do the pushups on my knees too. I can do the planks while moving my legs (jacks and mountain climbers) I have to take little 5 sec breaks every now and then, but I hope to keep pushing through it. At the beginning of the workout you are going down into a plank from standing then doing a push up, then back up to standing. I can do a couple of push ups, but I usually follow Anita and just go into plank for a moment then back up to standing. I'm hoping by the end of this I won't have to do push ups on my knees any longer!

We'll keep pushing ourselves through it and get stronger!!! :)
  • FireSwan
    Options

Hi Feddyvon, my husband is doing the 30 day shred as well. He was also humbled a bit by how hard it is (and he's in really good shape). He also lowered his weights as well and now it is working out much better for him. I think it's the difference between weight lifting and cardio weight lifting. (not that weight lifting by itself isn't cardio as well)
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I think my arms are gonna be completely useless for the rest of the day, I can barely lift them lol. Glad I went with 3 lb weights instead of 5 lb, I probably wouldn't even be able to type haha.
  • ag328
    ag328 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, what weights do y'all use? I'm a 5'9", 190lb girl and I picked up 2lb weights for 30DS. Should I be going heavier?