30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, what weights do y'all use? I'm a 5'9", 190lb girl and I picked up 2lb weights for 30DS. Should I be going heavier?

You know the weights are heavy enough if the last few reps feel heavy. If the weights feel heavy on the first rep, they are too heavy. That's just been my experience when doing cardio with weights.

I can lift heavier if it is just weight lifting alone working one muscle group at a time.
  • ag328
    ag328 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good rule of thumb. Thanks!
  • ajaysmum
    ajaysmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and forgot to take my measurements - what areas should we measure before starting (or on day 3 for me)?!
    x
  • Jashella
    Jashella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heya, just started 30 day shed about half an hour ago. Had to use filled water bottles instead of weights, due to me starting on a whim. Will hopefully get some weights on Monday.
    Have to say, this was brutal! I was able to do most of the advanced techniques (Minus the pushups) and felt like killing Jill Michaels half way through!
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey! Today is day 5 of the shred for me, and I'm getting past the hump - This is the farthest I've ever gotten! I hope that I can finish it this time - this is my third try.
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 8 of level 2 and I'm a tad frightened as my body is just now getting to the point of not collapsing into fetal position afterwards. I took a peek at level 3 and am dreading the final challenge but also excited to complete the goal.

Just a question - what are everyone's plans after completing 30DS? Are you all moving on to her Ripped in 30 or doing another round of 30DS?

Good luck all!
  • slimpickings36
    Options
    Today is my day 8 of level 2 and I'm a tad frightened as my body is just now getting to the point of not collapsing into fetal position afterwards. I took a peek at level 3 and am dreading the final challenge but also excited to complete the goal.

Just a question - what are everyone's plans after completing 30DS? Are you all moving on to her Ripped in 30 or doing another round of 30DS?

Good luck all!

I think we should try ripped in 30 next round but I have only just started shred so keeping options open lol
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and forgot to take my measurements - what areas should we measure before starting (or on day 3 for me)?!
    x
    Hey this is what I measured:
    ~Each arm (thickest part)
    ~Each thigh (thickest part)
    ~Upper waist (smallest part)
    ~Lower waist (at your belly button)
    ~Hips (biggest part)

I doubt it will matter if your only 3 days late, it's better than never :o)
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Hey! Today is day 5 of the shred for me, and I'm getting past the hump - This is the farthest I've ever gotten! I hope that I can finish it this time - this is my third try.
    WELL DONE!! You should be sooo proud of yourself this is when it starts getting easier now, as you have noticed the feeling of being "hit by a car" :laugh: passes by day 5-6. It gets easier everyday to day 10 now :smile:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Today was the last day of level 1 for me & I'm slightly nervous about tomoz, it looks sooo hard BUT I have come this far so will continue to push through to the end. I think if anybody can make it thrugh day 3-4 it's worth continuing just for the fact you put up with the pain for all them days!!
    I was also very happy with myself today because I managed to put a pair of pants on that definately did not fit before I started the shred & haven't been able to get past my *kitten* for over 2 years but they buttoned straight up today :happy:
    I was going to do ripped in 30 before the shred but alot of the reviews said it was brutal compared to the shred so I opted for the easy option first. I will defo do ripped but think I'll poss do the shred again after this go before I move up
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think we should try ripped in 30 next round but I have only just started shred so keeping options open lol

lol sounds like a good plan to me . . . unless my body screams at me when I get into L3 next week and begs me for mercy to do another round of 30DS before moving up to ripped in 30. I did some reading up on and it apparently, it's even tougher (didn't think it was possible). . . yikes!!
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Good luck all!

I think I'll do 6 Week 6 Pack next, but I'll probably end up starting it before I finish 30 Day Shred. I wanna be bikini-ready by summer lol
  • waxingwaning
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've just finished day 4 of the level 1 workout and I'm really enjoying it now! Days one and two my leg muscles were really stiff, but I'm feeling much better!

I'm doing a kind of PreShred because I was worried I wasn't going to be strong or fit enough to get through it, so I'm doing some practice days with cans of soup instead of proper weights. after a week of this, I'm going to graduate to some real weights and start counting my 30 days.

Does anyone know where I could find level two online? It doesn't seem to be on youtube at the moment?

This is a great thread, you're all doing so well - I can feel my body changing already (I think)
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just completed day 26. Finding it tough now but determined to keep going. Have not had a break day and am really looking forward to Saturday!!!

Haven't lost lots of weight but definately fitter and more toned. Will do final measurements on Saturday but can see definition around abs which is great.

Hang in there.....it's only for 30 days, and you can do it!
  • graves2102
    graves2102 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1! Just finished the workout and taken a lovely cold shower.
    It seemed to really tighten my calf muscles yesterday which have left me walking very uncomfortably... I figured I should rest it at first, but the workout today seemed fine... just hurts to walk :/ I made sure to stretch out my calf muscles a lot more so hopefully the pain will settle tomorrow.
    I am using 4lb weights because it's all I have access to, and man do they burn haha!
    Good luck everyone xxx
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great work out, for all it is only 27 mins, it gets your *kitten* moving and you gain a good glow :P

I've not done L3 yet, but L2 is a killer!lol

Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I'm up to day 2, level 2 & my days it is hard compared to level 1. Just as I was getting used to level 1 & enjoying it, I got thrown into this killer level. I will not quit though I have made it nearly half way & I need to fit into my dress lol. Not lost any weight this week but it hasn't detered me, like I have said before I'm going to judge the shred by inches not weight. How are the rest of you getting on?
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm up to day 2, level 2 & my days it is hard compared to level 1. Just as I was getting used to level 1 & enjoying it, I got thrown into this killer level. I will not quit though I have made it nearly half way & I need to fit into my dress lol. Not lost any weight this week but it hasn't detered me, like I have said before I'm going to judge the shred by inches not weight. How are the rest of you getting on?

I just finished day 5 of level 2. It still kicks my butt, but I'm able to do more each time. The entire time before I start the work out, I'm trying to talk myself out of it...but then my inner Jillian Michaels starts yelling at me not to be a wuss! ha!

I haven't lost any weight either. I'm going to take some photos tonight (since I'm at the half-way point). I'm not going to let the scale deflate me. I'm going to keep pressing through. I feel so much better after the work out (after 10 minutes panting on the floor for my life) :noway:

Hang in there everyone, you can do this!!! If you started on April 30th or May 1st you are 1/2 way there!!!
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday. It wasn't too bad and I feel great today. I couldn't do all of the pushups so I felt like I kind of cheated.

I was planning on running today, but I guess I'll do day 2.
  • Time4MomTrish
    Time4MomTrish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Where do you get this program? Is it a television purchase or something online? Sounds like a lot of people are using this method so I'm interested!