30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just started 30 DS and I'm excited. :) great thread here. Hopefully it'll help me bust the plateau I'm at
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today too. I can do the cardio fine and stamina is not my issue as such (although I am sweating like a pig!) but wow the weight sections (and the bicycle crunches) killed me. I stupidly decided to do 30 mins of Zumba after and I could barely stand up my thighs were that much like jelly, nevermind dance, lol. Thighs are starting to recover now but my back is taking their place. Hoping if I go have a nice warm shower and keep moving it'll help and I'll be able to get out of bed and do it all again tomorrow. :)

Not sure how many cals I burnt as my HRM said only 120 but I think it was having issues picking my heart up at the start for some reason. 120 seems a bit low compared to what others are saying though as I know I gave it my all. Assuming I don't end up with my mysterious rash again I'll see what it says tomorrow.
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm up to day 2, level 2 & my days it is hard compared to level 1. Just as I was getting used to level 1 & enjoying it, I got thrown into this killer level. I will not quit though I have made it nearly half way & I need to fit into my dress lol. Not lost any weight this week but it hasn't detered me, like I have said before I'm going to judge the shred by inches not weight. How are the rest of you getting on?

Well done on getting so far! Im on day 5 of level 2 and really enjoying it.

Just remember that doing weight work you may put weight on as you build muscle. I lost 7lbs in my first week but have lost nothing this week. I have though, in my 15 days of doing it lost 3 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips and 1 inch off my thigh so far :-D
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    [/quote]

Just remember that doing weight work you may put weight on as you build muscle. I lost 7lbs in my first week but have lost nothing this week. I have though, in my 15 days of doing it lost 3 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips and 1 inch off my thigh so far :-D
    [/quote]

Great loss of inches in 15 days! :) Are you working in another form of exercise with the 30DS?
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just started my 30 day shred. Last night was my first workout, and it totally kicked my but! My legs are sore today and my arms as well. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I did that workout. You'd think I just ran a marathon. All that being said, it's awesome that I am actually so looking forward to getting out of work and doing it again tonight! I hope these workouts motivate me to keep pushing and never stop excersing. Good luck to you.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i started it yesterday...i'm walking like a newborn calf today...so sore!! but i'm game i'll post my before and after when i'm finished :)
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It burns ~ 225-250 calories, depending on how hard you work and how much your heart rate is jumping! I'm 5'9'' and 173 lbs.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This is how I know I need a lot of work. When the first ten minutes of 30DS I am dying and can't do anymore! I have been TRYING for days and I can't get through one whole session. I have been very inactive for years and for the first time really in my life I have been pushing myself, evidently It's going to take time. All I can say is I keep trying, pain or no pain.. I'm trying. Bike, Resistance bands, walking, and running, but Jillian sure kills me.. lol.
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    as long as you're not bored, I'd stick to level 1 until you can get through it, even just following anita, or do it all but maybe no hand weights . once either of those happens then I'd move to level 2.
    good luck!!!
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred on May 2nd. I'm still at Level 1. I still have to take some small breaks, but I'm over 50 and was pretty out of shape. I'm considering trying Level 2 tomorrow, but not sure if I should yet considering I can't make it 100% through Level 1 yet. What does everyone else think?

as long as you're not bored, I'd stick to level 1 until you can get through it, even just following anita, or do it all but maybe no hand weights . once either of those happens then I'd move to level 2.
    good luck!!!
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 3- tonight. The first day I did level 2 I thought I was going to die- last night it went much better! I took off 2 days over the weekend because I was out of town visiting my mom- do you think this a problem? Should I continue where I am at or do I have to start over! Any input would be greatly helpful!
    I personally think you should continue where you left off but take it easy as you have had the 2 days off you may feel like you are starting the level over again
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Great loss of inches in 15 days! :) Are you working in another form of exercise with the 30DS?

Thanks, im only walking the dogs 2 x 20mins a day and most days do a mile walk to the school and back twice a day on top.
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2 day 3 (tomorrow morning) - my HRM said I burned 170 calories during L1 and now it says 190 during L2, so it completely depends on the person. I'm 5ft 7 and weigh about 150.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I too, just started the 30 Day Shred....holy crap!!!....I didn't think I was THAT out of shape. I did it after work (about 3pm) yesterday & I'm extremely exhausted today & my legs still feel like noodles. I'll just keep counting down, only 29 more days to to!!! :ohwell:
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me too 1st day today pheweeee!!

Like you I thought I was fit with zumba, running, lifting and looking after my horses, but I had to put my weights down on the side lunge/lifts and have a small break on the last set of abs... blimey..

I ache already - what am I going to be like tomorrow when I've got to do it again?? :sad:

Seriously though cracking workout :wink:

lmfao!! This was me! haha
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Day 3, Level 2 for me. It was a killer but I pushed my body to the limits & didn't stop until the last set of ab work for 5 seconds then continued. I actualy felt like my heart was coming out of my chest & the sweat was dripping off me. The soreness in my upper back seems to be fading too :smile:
    I can't wait for day 5 so that I can take my half way measurements to see if I've lost any inches, even though I have lost 6lb since starting the shred, I do not want to focus on weight loss. I know it is all about the inches :wink:
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im late but can I join. Im on level 2 day 4.
    i dont have HRM so I just log it 20mins or circut training and it says I burn 200cals although I really doubt I burn that many.
    I was 157 at the start now Im 155.
    I took measurements too and pics and cant wait to see some results, I can deff feel them.
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I am going to have to get this 30 day shred. I've only heard good things about it and think that I need to try it out!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just started 30DS yesterday (Monday) Today will be Day 2...Luckily I did RI30 for 2 whole days before I rec'vd my 30DS so I was sort of prepared but still sore...My hamstrings were alot tighter than I thought but I am ready for Day 2....Thinking of alternating 30DS with RI30 but not sure yet....

Anyone feel free to add me & we can motivate each other to get through this EVERY DAY!! I know I need to be held accountable for sure b/c I have an issue with commiting to 30days for ANYTHING!! Lol

:flowerforyou:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Im late but can I join. Im on level 2 day 4.
    i dont have HRM so I just log it 20mins or circut training and it says I burn 200cals although I really doubt I burn that many.
    I was 157 at the start now Im 155.
    I took measurements too and pics and cant wait to see some results, I can deff feel them.
    Of course, everybody is welcome no matter how far you are into the shred. Even if you have finished the shred, it's about progress & support to help keep us all motivated :smile: