Curious, is anyone Juicing?

Options
nashai01
nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
Hi, so I just brought my first juicer. I don’t eat enough vegetables and fruits so helpfully juicing will help me get all the veggies/fruits I need. Do anyone else Juice, if so do you juice for all of your meals or maybe just one or two meals a day?

Replies

• nashai01
    Options
    *hopefully
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\
  • ephur
    ephur Posts: 3
    Options
    My wife and I did after watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. We juiced exclusively for two weeks to go through the cleanse. It was really really difficult at first for me, I wanted to eat. I always felt hungry. However, I definitely took some quick pounds off, and I am sure that my body enjoyed the increase in nutrients. However, juicing exclusively probably won't work for me long term, but I intend to replace some meals with healthy, raw, and whole juices.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi nashai01, I juice and I have been for a few months. I bought a Breville after I saw the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

I bike ride to work and have always been dragging a bunch of vegetables on my back. I needed a way to lighten the load, so I now juice my veggies and put them on my road bike in a Polar bottle.

You can read about all of the 'rebooters' here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FatSickandNearlyDead

I don't do the "reboot". I changed my diet over a year ago and have lost almost 40lbs. Now I just juice 1 meal a day. Its convenient and really good for me. For me its helped me A LOT. I no longer fall asleep in the afternoon :) .. Tons of energy.

The problem I see if you juice for 30 days...then what? Go back to your old way of eating? Not healthy, I incorporated it into my daily meal and just made it part of my life. I also juice for the family and make them smoothies, not green drinks, they don't like them.

I do pour my green drink into ice cube trays, freeze them, then add them to meals for the kids. They have no idea they are getting the greens :)
  • ljbennett1
    ljbennett1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started juicing about 4 weeks ago. I love it. I usually just have one for breakfast and then eat healthy meals for lunch and dinner. My morning juice consists of cucumber, romaine, celery, parsley, lemon, apple, carrot, ginger, kale and spinach. Took me a while to get used to drinking "green drinks" but I love it now! Definitely helps wake me up in the morning. You can experiment with lots of different mixes. I would just make sure to use mostly vegetables, with a fruit or two mixed in.
  • rhondagay
    rhondagay Posts: 1
    Options
    Juicing is great! As a matter of fact I'm going to juice this weekend! a great recipe is:

1 bag of Spinach
    1 Ginger Root (size depends on your taste)
    1 bunch of Beets
    1 bag of Carrots
    1 bag of Celery
    4 bunches of Parsley
    1 bag of Granny Smith Apples (cuts the bitterness of Ginger Root) Remove Seeds from apples

Keep in an air-tight container, will last for 1 week
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One thing I forgot to mention, is to squirt some lemon juice in there when done and shake it up. It preserves it naturally. I wouldn't keep it around for more than 2 days. My recipe is as follows:

1 full bunch of celery
    1 full bunch of parsley
    2 full stalks of broccoli
    1 large cucumber
    1 apple
    1 inch Ginger root
    1 lemon

Sometimes I'll throw in a bag of spinach. If I feel a cold coming on, I'll throw in a whole onion(high in vitamin C) :)
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Bought a juicer 4 weeks ago so I'm still in that honeymoon phase.

It is a lifesaver whenever I feel like snacking, when I'm too tired to cook dinner and also has a positive impact on my shopping habits.
    So I'm feeling great...loosing weight slowly...but ...my lifestyle has improved.

Now it's just a matter of waiting... >=D
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I too went through the 10-Day Reboot after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It included just eating veggies and juicing. I love it, I thought I would put the juicer away until the next time I did a reboot, but I never did, I liked it that much. I too don't eat a lot of vegetables so by juicing once or twice a day I can get my veggies in. One of my favorites is the green lemonade, spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, apple and a half a lemon. YUM!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    >Steps away from the double entendre< :tongue:
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm starting on monday.:happy:
  • nashai01
    Options
    I think I'll try to juice for one meal a day. I'm 100% sure I could never do it for all of my meals. I'm really excited. Do it help with weight lost or just to get all of the good nutrition in? Also I was worried that it would have me going to the bathroom at work. It seems like with all of these veggies/fruits that I would have to go more than normal
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I am a juicer! I haven't been juicing as much lately but you can juice 1 meal a day and have 2 solid meals a day and get all your veggies and fruit. Since you have a juicer, you can always look into doing a juice fast, which is when you have nothing but juice. My father and I did this. He lost 20 something pounds and I lost 5 (because I did a slightly motified version).

Hope I helped :flowerforyou:
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options

I did.
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I juice 2-3 times a year, for 1-3 weeks at a time, depending on what kind of detox I need. Otherwise I juice several times a week and LOVE IT! The only addition I make is to sometimes add a little raw protein powder if I think I need it. Try lots of variations--I love melon/kale, pinneapple/lime and vegetable juices of all kinds. Good luck!
  • AndiPandi687
    Options

I sure did!

And I don't know about juicing veggies or fruit but good luck. I don't really like veggies and I found putting them in smoothies helps and it's delicious! With a bunch of fruit I add spinach, cucumbers, carrots, celery or anything I may have handy
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks again everyone, lol at all the steroid comments. I didn't even know people called using steroids juicing lol
  • nashai01
    Options
    Ok did my first drink. I had 2 oranges/ ,1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 cucumber and mint leaves. I'm hooked I probably will juice all of my fruits and veggies for now on.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    try
    3 celery sticks (i hate eating celery)
    a hand-full of spinach
    a carrot
    an apple (and if you like ginger)
    apparently celery calms the nervous system, so I have this one in the evening....and it does Zen me out...bliss...