cheating and in-love, mutually exclusive or no?

Options

Replies

• AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who has been cheated on and NEVER cheated before, YOU TRULY love someone, not that puppy love, or that I love you like a friend or buddy crap, but love someone like lets get married and go half on a baby kind of love, I will take a bullet for you love then you shouldnt cheat. I dont personally believe there is any reason to cheat because no matter how BAD things are, you have a choice. Leave or stay. If you stay then you are trying to fix things, if you leave then you are fed up. It is possiable to be with someone and never cheat. Millions of people do it EVERYDAY.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I do not believe you can cheat on someone you are in love with.
    I have been on the receiving end of that and it was easily the most painful thing I have ever experienced.
    Good riddance to her.
    I could never even imagine doing that to my wife now.
    I still do stupid things like buying cars without telling her but, I would never crush her emotionally like that.
    Never.

haha--buying cars ((plural)) without telling her--that's too much. sorry for you having experienced such pain--I've also been on the receiving end.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think if u are selfish enough YES
    The person can separate the 2 and want the best of both worlds..like my cheating spouse told me..what i didnt know wouldnt hurt me (*kitten*!)
    For me I could never justify cheating... and loving someone...
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Some can and won't, some can and will, some can't and would never want to, some can't but have thought about it. I fall into the last category, having been separated for 3 years from an abusive relationship....i can't. I know because i've thought about it numeraous times....but can't. I suppose until I get final closure by way of a divorce. Who knows...
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    All interesting responses, but lets pose a scenario

Guy gets in accident and is paralyzed from neck down.

Wife is fully devoted to him, loves him, prays for him, waits on him hand n foot....

And she truly, truly loves him....

But she wants to get physical attention and has a one night stamd, no emotions just physical....

Isnt that cheating n being IN love?
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Wife is fully devoted to him, loves him, prays for him, waits on him hand n foot....

But she wants to get physical attention and has a one night stamd, no emotions just physical....

Vaild. Yes.. yes it is.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

Vaild. Yes.. yes it is.

Now I just better nvr get paralyzed lol
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    Ruby, don't take your love to town-Kenny Roger's and yes in my books that is cheating, obviously.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Love is too complicated and fluid to draw black and white conclusions. And anyone who says you can't love more than one person is just lucky enough not to have been caught in the situation.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The two things I can't stand most in life are liars and cheaters. Being one usually leads to being the other.

If you love someone and can't/won't stay true to them then get the hell out of their life and stop being a selfish *kitten*.

and no, I'm not bitter at all
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    The two things I can't stand most in life are liars and cheaters. Being one usually leads to being the other.

If you love someone and can't/won't stay true to them then get the hell out of their life.

and no, I'm not bitter at all :mad:

See my post...curious to ur opinion
  • mandabarri713
    mandabarri713 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    IT'S REAL EASY TO GET IN A POSITION THAT CHEATING BECOMES AN OPTION/APPEALING ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN TOGETHER OR A WHILE AND THE NEWNESS HAS WORN OFF...YOU KNOW EACH OTHERS MOVES BEFORE THEY MAKE THEM...SO SOMTHING NEW/SPONTANEOUS SEEMS APPEALING.....I THINK EVERYONE HAS THOUGHT ABOUT CHEATING AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER ( I KNOW I HAVE) BUT AT SOME POINT NEWNESS WILL WEAR OFF WITH WHOEVER YOU ARE WITH AND AT THE END OF THE DAY A RELATIONSHIP IS ABOUT MORE THEN SEX AND IF YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE YOU COULDN'T IMAGINE LIVING WITHOUT THEN YOU HAVE TO REALIZE IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO RISK LOSING THEM.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    MY EYES
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ok, what about this situation. I have a friend that is bi and is happily married. She has been with a woman outside of her marriage, with her husband's consent. Is this cheating, or just filling a need that the opposite gender can't fill? (no this isn't me, it is an actual friend). Those of you that are going to give me the "homosexuality" is wrong speech, please don't respond...I really want a thought out answer, because I don't know how I feel about this myself.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Does his tongue still work :tongue:
    There are other options so yes...it is still cheating.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

Does his tongue still work :tongue:
    There are other options so yes...it is still cheating.

Yes, but my point is its cheating AND being in love, which many ppl said isnt possible
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    MY EYES

Ze goggles... zey do nothing!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    will this help me lose weight?
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    Ok, what about this situation. I have a friend that is bi and is happily married. She has been with a woman outside of her marriage, with her husband's consent. Is this cheating, or just filling a need that the opposite gender can't fill? (no this isn't me, it is an actual friend). Those of you that are going to give me the "homosexuality" is wrong speech, please don't respond...I really want a thought out answer, because I don't know how I feel about this myself.

I would have to say yes it's still cheating. Cheating with consent is still cheating. If a person wants to lower their standards based on what they want at the time, then they are the sole beneficiaries of the choices they make.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I don't think it's cheating if there's consent regardless of the gender of the "other" person. Consent = not cheating. It's like saying...is it stealing if someone tells me I can have their car?