Hcg. Injections, is anyone doing them?

Options
Is any of you following Dr Simeos protocol and diet?

Replies

• jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have tried it before its been a yr since I've done the HCG I know it does work if you stick to the harsh diet protocol and after the injections are done you really need to stick to real clean eating just higher calorie count in the 3 week maintance phase otherwise you will gain the weight back. Much luck to you with it :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It's a placebo.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Let the angry games begin.
  • anunknownmouse
    Options
    It's a placebo.

This. Everyone is always looking for the 'quick fix'. Just eat below maintenance and exercise and you'll lose weight, there's no need to take extreme measures.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm doing it right now :) I'm not doing the injections or the drops...I'm starting the drops in June. Right now, I'm just doing the diet, and it's working wonders! I feel better than I ever have before!
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    If it were that easy, there would be no one overweight:smokin:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No and I never would.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I isn't.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Here we go again :bigsmile: Might as well make the popcorn now...:drinker:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Needles freak me out. But even if they didn't, no.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thinking no.

Good luck with that.
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Here is my opinion on this matter. I have done the Bernstein diet probably around 4 or 5 times. I do lose the weight very quickly. I was getting shots 3 times a week and the diet is approx 800 calories.

I could just not maintain it. I would lose 20 pounds in 1 month and I could gain back 7 in a weekend if I went off which I frequently did because I travel for work and eating their way was difficult. The cost is $600.00/month and FOR ME it was not a permanent solution.

So for me this does not work. However having said that I really do belive that we are all so different and that we everyone has to do what is right for them. Every eating plan works if you follow it. So find one you can live with, excercise and you will get to where you want to be.

Good Luck
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Can we have the cheezy kind?
  • lat3ralus65
    lat3ralus65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why bother with injections? Just get pregnant!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Since I didn't have to have injections to gain weight, I pretty sure I don't need injections to lose the weight. Calories in, calories out. Move my butt. Worked for me.
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I don't think popcorn is allowed...lol:laugh:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now :) I'm not doing the injections or the drops...I'm starting the drops in June. Right now, I'm just doing the diet, and it's working wonders! I feel better than I ever have before!

So by doing the diet you are only eating 500 calories a day?
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If it were that easy, there would be no one overweight:smokin:

I have to disagree. It is that easy, but it takes will power and determination!
  • AndiPandi687
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. The only reason it works is because you are putting your body into starvation mode which will slow your metabolism and make it tougher to maintain a healthy weight. You will gain weight back easier and much faster. The HCG does nothing except make you even more moody and irritable
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find most people here do not support quick fixes or gimmick diets. The basic idea is to eat healthy and while trying to lose weight, restricting your calories. Exercise helps improve fitness and overall health, but really to lose weight you need to take in fewer calories than you burn. You can lose without exercise.

If you track in your diary every day (which i see is not open), you will learn how to eat better. Pay attention to calories and the other measures. Try to avoid exceeding your sugar, fats, cholesterol, etc. Try to get in your minimum protein recommendation, or a bit more as MFP recommends pretty low protein, particularly if you are exercising. Protein will help you feel more full.

The principle here is that healthy eating lasts for life. Once you hit your goal weight, you keep eating healthy. And if you're really learning about food and nutrition on the journey, you will also start to listen to your body better and know when you are really hungry and what your body needs. Then there is no rebound or regain after the gimmick is over.

Good luck with HCG - whatever that is, but if you want sustainable weight loss, fitness and general good health, eating clean, healthy foods in the right quantities for your body and activity level are really the only way to go.
This discussion has been closed.