Hcg. Injections, is anyone doing them?

Options

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I was really looking for support or feedback. If it has work or not for people that tried it. And its not easy but is doable. If you see my diary you'll see. The injections help with hunger and to tell your body to use store fat as energy. And NO calories in and out and exercise does not work for every one. I did the insanity challenge and did not drop a single pound or inch I have better shape buts that's all. And it was not hard for me since I was already eating healthy.

I usually don't quote these types of replies. But unless there is something medically wrong, I don't see how you can do 60 days of Insanity and not lose a pound or an inch UNLESS your diet or water intake was not good. If you don't mind sharing, what was your calortie intake like? Did you see a doctor about this?
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    hCG is illegal as a diet aid. You are breaking the law and so is whoever sold it to you.

Nope.

Obvious troll is obvious. http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

Nope. Read it closer.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Research it. What I found was- it clearly states the hcg works as an appetite suppressant ( a very expenseive one) and the 500 cals (starving) is why people lose...and when they actually eat again- gain like crazy because you're body is used to almost nothing. No quick fixes ever last.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    No it's dangerous. I'm doing the cotton ball diet instead.
    I'm doing the pooball diet. My dog swears by it.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It's a placebo.

Plecebo's actually work.

There was actually a study done where people were TOLD their placebo was a placebo and it still worked. heh heh

Did the study check whether people understood the word 'placebo'?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why bother with injections? Just get pregnant!

Morning sickness totally makes me lose weight. And then, after the baby is born you'll drop 15-20 pounds in one day!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    *** Sorry it posted my answer twice... OOOPPSS
  • AndiPandi687
    Options
    Well, I can honstly say I've never watched an infomercial for them or anything, but I know a couple of people who are using the drops. What I don't understand, is why anyone thinks that the drops or shots have anything to do with it. They're eating a rediculously low amount of calories, so obviously they're losing weight. What's even funnier to me is that they say things like, nothing else works or has worked for me. If they had cut their calories like that without the drops, they would've gotten the same result. I guess I just don't understand the logic, and I really don't think it's healthy. :-(

It's all about the money the companies are getting. People tend to think if they spend hundreds on a 'miracle product' then it must work. Those people are fools. Companies and even doctors will say anything to make a few bucks
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So are you just looking for folks here to say it's OK, go ahead? Because it seems like most people are giving the opinion that it's not the healthiest choice.
  • purplerain011
    Options
    uh oh .... getting popcorn, rubbing hands with delight! :D
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When someone says they got "results" from HCG, what does that mean? That the scale went down? When do we start addressing eating habits for the rest of our lives instead of three to six months at a time? I'm assuming your mentality about food will not ever change if you never address why you eat it in the first place. Does anyone really want to eat less than 1000 calories for the rest of their life?

I don't want to hate food. I want to appreciate what it does for my body and enjoy the occasional holiday or celebratory treat. That's just my opinion.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I know people it has worked for. I personally think it is a waste of money. But if you got the money to waste then go for it. But you can get the same results with diet and exercise.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Short answer, there's no quick fix. If you're losing weight on a 500 cal day diet, you're losing muscle.

Btw, this subject is covered under the Unofficial FAQs group on MFP.

There is a lot of great information on why this diet is dangerous.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've done the drops and are going to do them again... MFP are HUGE haters with this diet..

It works and as long as you follow the stabilization and maintenance you'll be fine.. If I were you delete this thread it's only going to bring YOU heart ache and attacks.. you do what you feel is best for you!
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Several people I know have tried it. It started at my wifes work they lost alot of weight fast, now a few months later they all weigh more now than when they started after spending all that money and starving themselves. To top it off they were all health professionals nurses etc. who should know better. Too each their own.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No. Look into my eye...

No.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    And NO calories in and out and exercise does not work for every one.

Yes, it does. If you have evidence to the contrary, please write up your report and claim your Nobel prize in Physics for disproving thermodynamics.

If your claim is that some people lack the willpower to stop eating when they're supposed to, however...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If I were you delete this thread it's only going to bring YOU heart ache and attacks.
    Da truff hurts.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    "Living on 500 calories a day is not only unhealthy—it’s hazardous, according to FDA experts. Consumers on such restrictive diets are at increased risk for side effects that include gallstone formation, an imbalance of the electrolytes that keep the body’s muscles and nerves functioning properly, and an irregular heartbeat."

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm
    I've done the drops and are going to do them again... MFP are HUGE haters with this diet..

I don't think trying to steer someone away from a diet that is potentially harmful makes people haters. With any luck the drops will no longer be available when you want them

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers to steer clear of these "homeopathic" human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) weight-loss products. They are sold in the form of oral drops, pellets and sprays and can be found online and in some retail stores.

FDA and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) have issued seven letters to companies warning them that they are selling illegal homeopathic HCG weight-loss drugs that have not been approved by FDA, and that make unsupported claims. "
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now :) I'm not doing the injections or the drops...I'm starting the drops in June. Right now, I'm just doing the diet, and it's working wonders! I feel better than I ever have before!

Eventually, you're going to plateau at some point. Eating so little is completely unnecessary. It's practically starvation. These are the kinds of "diet plans" anorexics tend to follow if that says anything.
This discussion has been closed.