Vegetarians and vegans. Controversial Topic

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A lot of UK cheese DO contain animal rennet. I had a heck of a time finding non animal rennet cheeses when I was there. The other alternative is GMO rennet which i refuse to support or consume. That is used in USA as bit more now ive noticed.

The EU also has very strict dairy rules and certain classifications for how cheeses are made. A lot of EU countries still use the traditional methods using animal rennet. Which is good in some ways, just not for vegetarians... or calves for that matter.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Gelatin (or gelatine) is a translucent, colorless, brittle (when dry), flavorless solid substance, derived from the collagen mainly inside pig skin (hide) and cattle bones.

OMG..i'm never eating Jello again!

And don't forget connective tissue~

Gelatin is in lots of stuff. Yogurt to marshmallows.

Rennet is even worst IMO. It's used to make most commerical cheeses. It' made from the stomach lining of young slaughtered calves.

In the US, most commercial cheeses do not use animal rennet, unless they lie on the packaging.

As for gelatin, not all yogurt has it. Look at the ingredients for pectin instead, which has the same binding power but is vegetarian. Publix brand uses pectin. Yoplait uses gelatin.
  • aalina_22
    Options
    There has been a lot of controversy about steroids in athletics.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

And there it is, the reason we dislike Americans. The woman was rude, and the response arrogant and disdainful (and if you are educated, God help us). Just wonder what the motive is for writing this. To show off that you got the upper hand over a deluded and stupid woman (as depicted in this post - although possibly the "gibberish" was too clever for you?).
    Speaking of educated, you are attributing the behavior of these two people to ALL Americans? Really? Seriously?
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

And there it is, the reason we dislike Americans. The woman was rude, and the response arrogant and disdainful (and if you are educated, God help us). Just wonder what the motive is for writing this. To show off that you got the upper hand over a deluded and stupid woman (as depicted in this post - although possibly the "gibberish" was too clever for you?).
    Double post
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Looks like this post was dug from the grave by a potential spammer, I say we bury it once more.