What do you get at Starbucks?

Options
What do you usually get at Starbucks that is healthy and low calorie?? (Please do not tell me to mak it at home). The reason I am asking is most of the end of the years gifts, Christmas gifts, etc, I get from my students are Starbucks gift cards. I can't afford Starbucks but I like to use the cards when I get them. I am originally from Delaware where we have Wawa and I have down pat what I get there, but I am currently located in Tennessee and everyone seems to be obsessed with Starbucks!

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I only order two things at Starbucks:

Brewed coffee with nonfat milk (hot or iced, depending on the time of year)

Black tea lemonade, unsweetened

If I want to consume hundreds of extra calories on a given day, it's going to be in the form of a ribeye, not a latte.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with a little half and half ; )

And btw, I LOVE Wawa shakes. I know you know what I'm talking about!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I take my own cup with my sugar free creamer pre-measured and just get the new blonde roast. It is not as strong as the regular Pikes blend. Plus if you bring your own cup and have them fill it up, you get $.10 off your order. Bonus!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Iced Caramel Macchiato, tall with nonfat milk = 140 calories or with 2% milk for 170 calories.
    I love the Pink birthday pop cakes but they are an additional 170 calories.
    I wouldn't have Starbucks everyday but on Fridays my coworkers and I usually get one.

Coffee by itself doesn't have much calories, its the milk and syrups that add to it but if you are having a flavored drink you wont notice much the difference between whole milk and 2% milk.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I usually get the regular coffee with skim milk. It's boring but I'm still trying to lose another 25lbs so I can't justify the extra calories from a glorified cup of sugar! One thing you can try with the gift cards is their oatmeal! VERY good!
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with regular coffee and skim, but if you want something fancier, tall non-fat lattes aren't all that awful - off the top of my head, I think it's 100 calories, and a decent chunk of protein, too.

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com/
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Skinny Caramel Macchiato!
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Small nonfat plain latte! :-) They're great as a snack or an addition to a light breakfast because they fill you up a bit more than coffee too! I get so bummed when I drink my calories, so I weaned myself off sugary drinks.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like a Skinny Vanilla Latte or an Iced Carmel Macchiato...I don't get them often, just as treats!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Skinny Peppermint Mocha. I do a grande for 130 calories. It's like drinking a peppermint patty :D
  • Cheeessseee
    Cheeessseee Posts: 29
    Options
    Grande Dark Roast Coffee black - almost everyday
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with Ice... too hot to gulp down otherwise.. Nothing added. I love the taste of coffee.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Tall light caramel frap with no whipped cream --- 110 cals :)
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had to cut back considerably, so I now order the light white chocolate mocha frapp. No Whip!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Their chai tea lattes (iced, hot, or even fraps) are amazing, as are their green tea lattes (once again, iced, hot, and fraps all taste equally good).
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I get a Tall Skinny nonfat cinnamon dolce latte its about 90 calories
    Here is a list of under 100 calorie items...

Starbucks Best Choices Under 100 Calories

Tall Pike Place Roast (5 calories)

Tall non-fat Café Misto/Café Au Lait (60 calories)

Tall Caffè Americano (10 calories)

Tall non-fat Caffè Latte (100 calories)

Tall non-fat Cappuccino (60 calories)

Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte (90 calories)

Tall Skinny Latte (100 calories)

Tall Skinny Caramel Latte (90 calories)

Solo Espresso (5 calories)

Tall Iced Caffè Americano (10 calories)

Tall non-fat Iced Caffè Latte (70 calories)

Tall Coffee Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee (90 Calories)

Tazo® Tea (0 calories)

Tall Tazo® Black Shaken Iced Tea (60 calories)

Hope this helps a bit...
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    A decaf grande non-fat latte with 2 packets of sugar in the raw - total 170 calories (without sugar, 130 calories).
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I get the tall skinny mocha. It's 100 calories and curbs my chocolate and coffee craving at the same time. I do miss my white chocolate mochas though!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is great--all of their nutritional info is available on their website :-)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If they have a barista who's been trained on how to make it, go for a doubleshot on ice. I used to work there and it was an awesome drink: ice, FIVE shots of espresso (in a venti), milk, and syrup. Using skim and sugar-free, a venti is less than 100 calories. Apparently they've stopped putting them on the menu and stopped teaching employees how to make them, but if someone there knows how, they'll do it for you.