mortal enemy.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Foe. Nuff said.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    diet soda = FOE! its carcinogenic and to be honest i think its better to drink regular soda.. if you put diet coke on rust it burns it right off, cant be good for the body in any way shape or form... stick to h2o
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    You can't escape ALL that's unhealthy. Just eat/drink the "bad" things in moderation and you'll be fine.

YOU shut your mouth with all that common sense stuff! :tongue:

But seriously :flowerforyou:
  • MegMilleratc
    Options
    I would look into a nutritionist. I work in healthcare and do not advocate for WebMD, there are too many variables from person to person and people don't know what to look for.
    Talk with someone who is an expert on nutrition, I'd ask friends and family if there is anyone they recommend. Just make sure that person has the training and credentials to back themselves up.
    On a personal note I drink diet coke, usually about 1 a day and I am fine and I also agree with everything in moderation.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Foe!

That stuff is REALLY Bad for you... forget all of the dozens of studies that say it makes you crave other food, gain weight, etc. ...

It has nothing natural in it... even if the water in it is processed to hell! Don't DRINK IT!

if you desperately need soda drink real soda, but you are better off only drinking water.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    no no no its horrible
    they actually say that regular soda is better for you
    as at least you can burn that one off unlike the **** that they put in diet soda
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    if you put diet coke on rust it burns it right off, cant be good for the body in any way shape or form.

The gastric acid in your stomach can also remove rust.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    They have no nutritional value, have artificial flavoring, and those bubbles do funny things to your nose. i can't see any redeeming quality in diet soda whatsoever except maybe the caffeine, but even that is pretty negligible. You'd be better off without it.

That being said, if you're weening yourself off soda, then I'd say it's alright on the road to cutting down as much as possible. Just don't have one every day.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    mistress
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with diet coke... just in moderation
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It harms your body in so many ways from the chemical and the artificial ****.
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    FRIEND! :heart:
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You can't escape ALL that's unhealthy. Just eat/drink the "bad" things in moderation and you'll be fine.

So true...I don't drink coffee and i have one diet pepsi a day. :)
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I drink it. Keep in mind though I only have one a day. I wouldn't recommend more than this. But I don't think one a day is going to kill you lol... :bigsmile:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    FRIENDDDD. best. friend.
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    My parents have been drinking diet soda for years. They don't drink it because it's diet, but because they can't stand the sugary taste of regular soda. They have never been told by a doctor to stop.

Personally, I stopped drinking regular soda about two months ago and I drink diet now. I, too, cannot stand the taste of regular soda anymore. Tastes like I'm just drinking sugar D:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As with anything, too much can be a foe. But not so much because it's sugary. Diet sodas bloat you (well.. it bloats me anyway :huh: ) but also, the artificial sweetners can be harmful in large amounts. But, as long as you don't overdo it, you should be fine. As they always say: "Everything in moderation." Plus, you've been drinking large amounts of water, so one diet soda every now and then won't hurt.

Plus, I'm not here to judge you, cuz Diet Cherry Coke is my absolute WEAKNESS! lol Shhh... I won't tell if you won't! lol
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of Coke, all day long. So I do keep a back-up supply of Pepsi Max in the house just for when I really just need pop (soda). It's not often, but when you've gone from having something all the time to not at all, one every once in a while isn't a big deal to me. I try to hold off, so it's usually once a week, and hopefully will go down from there.

Everyone knows any form of pop (soda) isn't good for you, so just try not to get back in the habit :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It has zero calories, but the artificial sweeteners block growth hormones. Stasticicly your chances of becoming or staying obese jump up 50% when drinking diet soda.

People will have opinions, but statistics are statistics. Nothing's free in life. If it tastes good, and there's no calories, then there's something else that's gotta pay for it. It's also the 4th in a line of sweeteners! The previous three banned from other generations.

My bet's that they still don't have it right. Instead of diet sodas try a healthy meal replacement drink with some fruit, ice, whey protein powder etc. Or a post workout recovery drink. Other than that drink water! Your body will thank you!
    Not a single statement here is true.