Last 10 - kick-off

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
Let's get started! party0038.gif

We shall begin by posting:

Height (no smiley-bounce015.gif when measuring :wink:) - Weight (smiley-ashamed005.gif and :explode: are forbidden :wink: )

(if you find measurements more relevant, post them instead of weight)

I suggest we post daily:

Calories in smiley-eatdrink011.gif - Calories out smiley-sport015.gif - Sleep smiley-sleep002.gif

(for the previous day, of course)

and "Lessons learnt today" or "What I've done wrong today".

(Hopefully, if we identify what mistakes we're making and by getting our pals in this challenge review our mistakes, we can learn where we go wrong - but be ready to accept also that you might be wrong in your expectations).

Yet, feel free to have just a positive attitude and only share

"What I've done right today"

(hope it does not look like I'm trying to compete with the thread started by arewethereyet - I'm just learning from her :wink: and to make it even, I encourage you to post there as well - that sure is a motivating thread!)

So, rosabella, fm1304, ilike2moveit, yanicka, JillReinstadler, DaniNei, Schaff, mnichol and oregonlady, smiley-greet013.gif I am counting on you all! :flowerforyou: And everyone else who sees this (when they wake up or others post in here :bigsmile: )

WE CAN DO THIS! smiley-happy110.gif

Replies

• dewdrop
    Options
    So here are my numbers:

Height: 5' 7.5'' - Weight: 129.8 lbs

(pretty sure at least 1 of those lbs is water weight, but it's my problem that I stuffed my face for the past days like there was no tomorrow :ohwell: )

I slept 8 hrs last night and began my day by jogging! Which is probably the second time in the past 4 years when I've exercised in the morning :happy: .
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Can I join? I've got more than 10 to lose:tongue:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Can I join? I've got more than 10 to lose:tongue:

So what? Hop on! :smile: The more, the merrier :wink: . (the more people, I mean :laugh: . Or the more lbs lost :bigsmile: )
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    AWESOME! thanks!:bigsmile:

height-5'7"
    weight- 155lbs (been stuck here for a good while now)

sleep- errr, I imagine I got 8 or 9 hours, but I kept waking up because I ate a load of crap with my mates before hitting the sack

.. and then, my day has just kinda started, so I'll post the rest later :tongue:
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    I have less than 10 to lose, but they're sticky pounds.
    Height 5'4"
    Weight 131
    Slept 7 hours (medical issues make this tough)

Last night I had homemade nachos for dinner and only ate a few, I'm proud of myself for exercising portion control while my dearly beloved ate the rest!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'll join in, too--

Height- 5'10''
    Weight - 184lbs
    Measurements - ?? yeah not brave enough yet! :tongue:
    Sleep - Maybe 9 hours - which is rare in my house, but it was lovely. And only possible because I have overtime & they're making me come in late to avoid more. :grumble: even tho I prefer the pay to the sleep.:yawn:

Had baked ziti from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook last night & a delicious salad.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm still 20 from goal, but i'm a pretty big guy so for me that's getting close. Progress has slacked a little lately due to stuff and I need to re-commit and buckle down and get it done. My record in semi-recent years was 214 pounds back in '02, and I'd hope to be back there by my B-day next week, but I don't think I'm gonna make it.

Height- 5'8"

Weight- 220 pounds (according to bathroom scale - I do my checkin's by Wii-fit, and I'm working toward a good weighin Friday).

Measurements- 38-1/2 waist (was 46 @ New Years :happy: ).

Sleep- 7 hours last night, and needed every minute. Worn out yesterday from fighting migraine all day.

Started my day with: 30 great minutes on the elliptical. Getting back into the swing of that after a long weekend outta town.

Today already entered and planned. Lean ham steak, asparagus and corn on cob for dinner. That'll make wife happy, she loves asparagus.
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    Morning all!

Ok, here are my "stats":

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 135.6 lbs (although that was before I went to a Nashville sounds game, which was sort of a HUGE calorie fest. Wrap your mind around this: chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick. I can't even regret it, it was so effing awesome!!!)
    Measurements: don't actually know, I probably should do that!
    Sleep: 7 1/2 hours roughly

Today I walked from my car to work, which is about a mile or so, usually I take a tram, but it was so nice out today I figured, let's try and make up for last night! I also will be spinning tonight at the gym.

I really want to make an effort to control myself when it comes to sweets. For some reason I am having trouble lately with the will power thing, I can't just stop at one thing! It's as if I go into a frenzy when I have something sweet, and I can't stop. I think I need to work on savoring my treats and planning ahead to just choose one thing. I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but this weekend could be REALLY bad if I let it get out of hand. I am running a 5k, so that's encouraging. Any thoughts on this? I would really appreciate any advice!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Schaff, so happy to see ya. My advice on sweets: there will be a tomorrow. So have a little something sweet today and save some other temptation for tomorrow. Have an apple next time you need desert. It takes some will to do it, but in a little while you won't feel frustration anymore, but will instead feel just so proud of yourself and so in control.

I'm also unhappy with how sweets control my life. I could go without them (did so for various periods), but if I have them, they get me pretty much addicted :ohwell: . Every good meal asks for something sweet. Every stressfull moment calls for chocolate. And so on... This while I am totally aware that they have no benefit when it comes to nutrients. Calorie bombs. Period. :grumble: (I'm trying to talk to myself, but I guess my "self" doesn't want to listen to me now :yawn: )

So what do you say, Schaff? I think we can do it!

Btw, I made some attempt once to count the "bad" calories for the day. Should we try do this here, too? If you think it can help and be feasible, we could have
    Calories in - Bad calories - Calories out - Sleep.
    Afterall, we need to see how much we sabbotage our work by the "bad calories".
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    I hear ya dewdrop! When I started losing weight over a year ago, I was WAY more in control of my sweet tooth than I am now. I'm not really sure why that is, I was going along fine until February, losing weight very consistently, and then Mardi Gras and king cake hit me like a truck. I know that it is possible for me to "kick" sweets, but I'm not really sure why I don't have the will to do it now.

I like the idea of calories in, bad calories, calories out and sleep.

I also think I am reverting back to being somewhat of an emotional eater. I find that I really crave sweets horrendously when I am down/stressed, and when I am happy I feel like my guard is down and I sort of give in or reward myself. It kinda sucks because not matter what my mood, sweets always seem to find me!

There is going to be A LOT of temptation this weekend, lots of pie, and s'mores, two things I absolutely love and don't really have that often, which is a very dangerous combo. If you or anyone know of any kind of mind trick I can play one myself to limit myself to one of these deserts at a time, I would REALLY appreciate it!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 145 (5 pounds away from goal)
    Measurments: I will do this tomorrow
    Calories in: 1672
    Calories out: 218 (I try to eat all of my exercise calories too, but some days I get close, other days I am under)
    Sleep: 7 hours

Lessons learnt today: Gotta put the marshmellows away and step away from the delicious chocolate-chip cookie. Also gotta get myself to bed earlier so I can wake up earlier and go for a run.
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Okay! Here's my checking etc:

Height = 5'2"
    Weight= 135.9 :happy: (See what I learned)

Haven't exercised yet today but plan on an afternoon workout..I walk my dog every morning for 20-30 minutes but I don't count that. Yesterday I did a 51 minute 3 mile walk DVD and 30 minute Pilate workout.

What I've learned :bigsmile: I was so bummed that I had only lost 2/10 of one pound in a week of "being good"....but my normal check-in is Monday and when I weighed in this morning for our kick-off I'd lost a pound!!!:laugh: .......in just two days!!! I've learned patience and perseverence is required for this last 10!
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    oooo...and I forgot to add my waist measurment went down 1" from 31" to 30":bigsmile:
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Wow!!!! that really is control! Nachos are one of my fave's and I can't even go NEAR them without overdoing.....of course the REAL thing....not the canned sauce type. I've avoided cheese altogether for a month now because portion control is a HUGE issue for me! Congratulations!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I'm at 140, 5'6", want to get down to 130, but I may be happy at 135.

waist is 30".

I've learned in the past few months not to get depressed when I don't lose at weekly weigh ins, that just motivates me to keep going! I've gotten serious with the strength training the past couple of weeks, I'm hoping that is going to make a difference.

calories: 1190
    out: 300
  • fm1304
    fm1304 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!!

phew yesterday was a hectic day.. as is today so ill just keep it short and sweet (ahem!) and come up later with a more detailed post.

Height - 5'6"
    Weight - 132lbs (i thought i'd lost some.. atleast a fraction of a pound.. but nupe.. i haven't :cry: )

Calories in - approx. 900
    Calories out - NONE thru exercise. dang! double dang!! i couldnt get any and im so worked up about it. feel like going double hard on myself today!

Sleep - about 6 hours

Lessons learnt:
    1. must exercise regulalry.. though five times a week isnt too bad.. but its not what i aim for.
    2. must feel ok with eating at regular intervals. for the life of me i can't seem to do that. so used to skipping lunch that i feel bloated and stuffed if i eat any now. which i still am. healthy food too. but still.
    3. must cut down on tea with milk. want to have green tea atleast twice a day. but the satisfaction of regular tea.. oohhh!!

my low point: i cant seem to budge the needle from 132.. and its driving me insane!! :frown: :explode: :explode: :explode:

i'll write out some more later.

dewdrop: thank you for starting this thread.. i can vent to my hearts content and hopefully THAT should make me lose if nothing else hahaha! :smokin:
  • fm1304
    fm1304 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oh. and. my goal weight is.. *drum roll please*

126 lbs.. or atleast 128. no 126 feels better..

argh.. i better stop this.. heh!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Ok I am back!!!

Yesterday was canada day so I didn't come here. But still had a good day as fare as my eathing goes and I walk for hours in old Montreal.

Ok I am 5 ' 0"
    weight 130.6 lbs.

Last night I got maybe 5 hours of sleep because of canada day. Usually I get at least 8 or 9 hours.:yawn:
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Well yesterday was good until today:sad: Calories in: 1225, Calories burned through exercise 375 and this morning when I weighed in I was almost 2 pounds heavier!:explode: 137.8! I don't get it but I'm staying with my "lessons learned" from yesterday that I must stay patient and persistent (oh yeah and acceptance that the scale is NOT my friend!). Today's challenge is that we have good friends coming to stay for the holiday weekend. They're staying with us so staying with the program will definitely be a challenge! Jill
  • dewdrop
    Options
    OK, so I won't post my calories in for yesterday, since I ate over 2000 :noway: . I did run in the morning, biked a bit and walked in the evening, so that balanced it a bit, but not enough :ohwell: .

Today I was too busy to log :cry: and I have plans for the weekend, which might keep me away from computer, so I might be unable to log properly... Yet, the plans involve quite a bit of walking, so yeay! (I seem to lose weight when I have to walk all day :wink: )

I am wondering: is Wednesday a good day for weigh-in? Should we start a new thread on a given day or should we keep this going as it is?