Last 10 - kick-off

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I had in mind something like making a list:

dewdrop: SW:130, HW 140, CW: 137.3, GW: 125 lbs. Height: a little over 5ft 7in
    casper: SW:270, HW 270, CW: 213, GW: 200 lbs. Height: 5ft 8in
    I am improving, my waist is down another 1/2" (total 12-1/2" off the waist, 48" to 35-1/2" :smile: ). I'm getting muscle definition I've never seen before, I'm getting stronger.
    [...]
    Again, I don't know if I'll ever get to 200 even, and I don't really care. I have a 6 pack peeking thru now, and I want that tighter and more defined. I'd also like to get the waist down to an honest 34" or better.

Being fit and strong matters the most, so well done! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work you're doing and if it helps, post some pictures of those muscles showing up :wink: . Your wife must be very proud of ya. :wink: How about your son? Did he improve on the eating? (I remember your other post a while ago)

As for the cardio on empty stomach: good tip, thank you! - I read about exercising in the morning, but did not know why it was better. I just happen to be sleepy all day if I workout in the morning. And I don't drink coffee anymore... :ohwell: I guess it's a matter of turning it into a habbit.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Ok add me to the list....but first I am drawing a big DUH - what's HW?? and is start weight from now since I've just joined or original start weight??

SW:, HW:, CW: 157, GW: 149 Height 5'5"

I hardly recognize myself in pictures or in the mirror anymore - LOVE IT!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    chrissyh: SW: , HW , CW: 157, GW: 149 lbs. Height: 5ft 5in

: SW:(starting weight), HW (heaviest weight), CW: (Current weight), GW: (Goal weight). Height: (height)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    chrissyh: SW: 157 , HW: 239 , CW: 157, GW: 149 lbs. Height: 5ft 5in

I realized I am shorter than dewdrop but my goal is higher - I have always been curvy and plan to stay that way to some extent---although my curves now are more and more muscular!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I realized I am shorter than dewdrop but my goal is higher - I have always been curvy and plan to stay that way to some extent---although my curves now are more and more muscular!

Yeah, I sometimes think I am crazy to keep aiming that low. This is why I am never able to maintain the 130 :ohwell: . On the other hand, this is probably what keeps me at a healthy weight (I could easily let go and I am the kind for which extra food=extra weight). I think I'll change my goal from "get down to 125 lbs" to "increase self esteem" :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options

Yeah, I sometimes think I am crazy to keep aiming that low. This is why I am never able to maintain the 130 :ohwell: . On the other hand, this is probably what keeps me at a healthy weight (I could easily let go and I am the kind for which extra food=extra weight). I think I'll change my goal from "get down to 125 lbs" to "increase self esteem" :smile:

That's funny....I like that logic. When I hit my goal (notice I said WHEN not if) I may reduce it by 5 more pounds to keep me focused! I still don't trust myself! Partly why I started the half marathon training - keeps me with a plan that I document on my chart that I've done it - I love seeing all those checks!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    OK, so here's a thing with little or no logic. After a day of good workout (cardio, a little sweating, the good stuff) and proper eating (not all my exercise calories, but just a bit bellow) I weigh in at 0.5lbs more. What?! :noway: :grumble: That day I eat a bit too much (lack of proper planning) and don't exercise at all. And what do you know? Next morning I'm 1.5lbs lighter! What?! :noway: ::happy:

Conclusion: I need to weigh in really only once a week. So what if that's a bit more than the day before and a little less than the day after? I won't even know it :laugh: .

Conclusion number 2: my belief that after hard workouts there's some fluid retention in the body (for the muscles to recover?) is reconfirmed. I still have not read a proper article on that.

So, how's everyone else doing? And tipps you wanna share? And lessons learnt?

Do we weigh in once a week on, say, Thursdays?

And where is Jill??? :glasses: (that's reading glasses, trying to spot her, and not sun glasses this time :laugh: ):laugh:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Do you know that EVERY time I do strength training - I am up two pounds that next morning - never fails - it's the normal fluctuation and I don't count it as gain when I know I have done what I am supposed to.

Had a pretty good weekend - Saturday was over I am very sure but we enjoyed some great time with friends and I am back at it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Just thought I'd bump this one back up there - I am still at 157....going to be completely focused for next 3 weeks with my hubby by my side - he's hoping to lose 5 - 10 pounds in the 3 weeks - told him 5 was much more realistic! We have a banquet to attend and he bought a new suit with a pair of snug pants to give him an immediate goal to work towards.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Thanks, Chrissy :flowerforyou: . Nice that you have someone beside you fighting the same war :smile: , specially now, when you're losing the last 10 :wink: . Good luck to you both!

I have been loosing (a bit too much) weight the past week, because I'm not feeling too well and am very careful of what goes in my mouth. :ohwell: However, I'm trying to eat as clean as possible as a rule.

What kind of training do you do during winter? The cold temp. outside are a bit demotivating, aren't they? :ohwell: , we just won't give up, right? :wink:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    The cold is killer for me! I hate it! So far - I am still running outside 3 days a week - we typically have mild afternoons - strength 2 days (adding cardio after strength this week) and kickboxing 1 day....if I end up not running as much, I may try some spin classes....just don't think I am coordinated enough for Zumba!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    down .6 pounds with weigh in this morning....7.4 to go
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Yeay, Chrissy, way to go! :flowerforyou: I also have good news - I am below 135lbs :happydance:

Thanks for the tipps regarding exercising in winter. I think running in the cold is more doable than biking in the cold after aerobics and such (I used to bike home, but in winter this is less appealing).

Have you, in the process of changing habbits and leading a healthier lifestyle, have given up processed foods? If yes, what are they and what did you replace them by?

* I am only eating fruit yogurts and deserts of the sort as a treat now, whereas in the past years I thought of them as the perfect desert: calcium and all. Yeah, right! Packed with sugar and preservatives. :ohwell:
    * Another thing is deli meat: I thought it was a good source of protein, but I have reduced it a lot! Not given it up, just try to replace it by home-prepared meat.
    * Don't have yet a formed opinion about cereals and muesli - kinda sticking to plain oatmeal, but that isn't fortified, so...

How about you, guys (and girls :smile: ) ?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well - I've given up sodas....I try to eat better - I eat grain breads rather than white....I love the honey 7 grain all natural nature's pride...I eat tons more fruits and veggies....seldom eat a frozen meal - I usually eat leftovers instead....I try to eat cereals like Kashi Honey Almond Flax rather than just cheerios...I like the chewy Kashi granola bars too - much less processed stuff in them than the typical prepackaged. I make my own old fashioned oatmeal not the instant packets but I do use brown sugar. Deli meats would be a downfall for me - but I do buy meat that are real meat and not pressed meats so that's a bit better. I try to eat yogurt that's not got the artificial sweetners and flavors

I still have a long way to go to eat clean but my habits are so much better than a year ago hopefully next year I'll see more improvements from now too!
  • CasperO
    Options

Still stuck @ 213. My bodyfat percentage is still getting better. I may lose my wedding band any day now - but I can't seem to lose an ounce. Getting a little frustrated with it. I'm on a 500 a day deficit eating a higher protein diet. I eat most of my exercise calories, and supplement protein after weight training. I know I'm doing fine and building muscle, it's just frustrating to not see the scale move.

My wife (MFP member "Mariettarose") is back on a nasty med called "Lyrica". Just ugly ugly stuff - last time she took it she gained 50 pounds almost overnight. Well, this time she's controlling the weight gain with massive discipline and she's put on maybe a pound. I consider this a triumph, but she's pretty upset. So - I'm adding 30day shred to the routine and will try a little more cooking discipline and see what that can do for both of us. As long as she's up to it I'll be doing Jillian and encouraging her to join me. Last night we did Shred part 1 together and it was fun. I'll have chicken-breast-something in the crockpot and Jillian on the TV when she gets home tonight. Wish us luck!

She's shy online,,, somebody send her an encouraging note please (she's on my "friends" list) :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout! Mariettarose is very lucky to have you by her side Casper! How are you checking your %

I have an amazing husband who's doing this with me too! I am so lucky!
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The cold is killer for me! I hate it! So far - I am still running outside 3 days a week - we typically have mild afternoons - strength 2 days (adding cardio after strength this week) and kickboxing 1 day....if I end up not running as much, I may try some spin classes....just don't think I am coordinated enough for Zumba!

Congrats all, on the continued success!

Down 1-ish more pound but the tape measure is still slow to move. I *think* I have only a few more pounds to go but won't know until I get there and I no longer have the muffin top. These last 10 are a slog!! I can definitely feel myself getting more fit though and that feels really, really good!

I've been trying to keep at the running, it's already been 8 days since my last outdoor run but I've done 2 shorter ones on the treadmill since. I try to get to spinning classes twice a week, and there is a new strength class twice a week which has been a nice change from doing my own strength stuff in the gym.
    My diet has been slipping a bit in recent weeks, a few more treats than in recent months so I need to get that back on track. Coke Zero is a weakness, haven't had one now in a few days and am trying to get my water intake back up.

Good luck to you and your wife, Casper - sounds like she has an amazing support in you, lucky lady!
  • CasperO
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout! Mariettarose is very lucky to have you by her side Casper! How are you checking your %

A pair of these that we bought at GNC for $10 or $12 or something: http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/

Then plug the numbers in here: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

I'm closing in on 13% :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I wonder if my fitness center has one of those that I could borrow - I'll have to ask...I'd be curious to see where I am "really"
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Guess what - down another pound....I looked back and it seems the 3rd week in each month for the past 6 m is when I've lost during the month - pretty funny....I'll take it! Only 6 pounds to goal....