why do women seem to want WHO they can't have?

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think the OP is taking a small sample size and making a generalization...No bueno, IMO!

maybe so but i do remember quite clearly that i prefaced it with MY OPINION, MY OBSERVATION, ETC!
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Maturity. Pure and simple. Maturity, either you have it, or you don't. BOTH sides.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is taking a small sample size and making a generalization...No bueno, IMO!

maybe so but i do remember quite clearly that i prefaced it with MY OPINION, MY OBSERVATION, ETC!

You seem angry. Did someone steal your man? Because it's all the woman's fault, he clearly had nothing to do with it.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    We really don't need yet another post by a woman (or anyone else for that matter) putting women as a group down by insisting that the majority of women fall into some specific pattern of behavior.

We all need to stop degrading women and men. We need to stop stereotyping. Seriously.

I don't want WHO I can't have. I don't know many women or men who do. Are there some out there with a penchant for chasing the taken man/woman? Sure. You'll find them. But I seriously doubt they're more prevalent in one sex vs. another.

well that is YOUR opinion and you're entitled to it. if you don't like the thread then stay away from it.

Yes, it is my opinion, and yes I am entitled to it. But I will not stay away from a thread trash-talking a gender. We have a serious problem in society. Instead of seeing each other as individuals, we group them into categories and we assume that that individual shares all of those qualities simply because they fit that category based on a few outward characteristics. Because we do this, we still have serious problems with racism, sexism, bigotry, and so on.

YOU, a woman, are propagating a negative view of woman as a whole simply because you've encountered a few individuals who engage in behavior that you don't like.

As another woman, I find this sad, frustrating, and it makes me angry. I am sick and tired of being judged for the "sins" of others. I am a woman. I am not a catty woman. I am not a "*****" that seeks another's man. I am not drama loving or overly emotional. My hormones don't control me. My ovaries, uterus, and vagina are not me.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    because women in general (not all but A LOT ) are a bunch of backstabing dirty over competive hookers
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Sorry if that's your experience, but both genders are perfectly capable of being ****ty people.

^Agree! :wink:

i agree that both do sh!tty things from time to time--but this ONE BEHAVIOR seems TO ME to be more prevalent in women than men. I've never seen men trying to go after their best friend's GF but I have seen women do it!
    It's not a matter of what you alone have seen. Your assumption that women are the only people who can be like that is kind of sad and sickening to read.
    Options
    Sorry if that's your experience, but both genders are perfectly capable of being ****ty people.

i agree that both do sh!tty things from time to time--but this ONE BEHAVIOR seems TO ME to be more prevalent in women than men. I've never seen men trying to go after their best friend's GF but I have seen women do it!
    It's not a matter of what you alone have seen. Your assumption that women are the only people who can be like that is kind of sad and sickening to read.

you're "putting words in my mouth" as they say--I never said women are the "only people who can be like that"--i said it appears "more prevalent" among women. get your facts straight.
    Options

You seem angry. Did someone steal your man? Because it's all the woman's fault, he clearly had nothing to do with it.

no, never actually. Just got talking with a friend about how women are always all up on him when they know he's taken.
    Options
    We really don't need yet another post by a woman (or anyone else for that matter) putting women as a group down by insisting that the majority of women fall into some specific pattern of behavior.

We all need to stop degrading women and men. We need to stop stereotyping. Seriously.

I don't want WHO I can't have. I don't know many women or men who do. Are there some out there with a penchant for chasing the taken man/woman? Sure. You'll find them. But I seriously doubt they're more prevalent in one sex vs. another.

well that is YOUR opinion and you're entitled to it. if you don't like the thread then stay away from it.

Yes, it is my opinion, and yes I am entitled to it. But I will not stay away from a thread trash-talking a gender. We have a serious problem in society. Instead of seeing each other as individuals, we group them into categories and we assume that that individual shares all of those qualities simply because they fit that category based on a few outward characteristics. Because we do this, we still have serious problems with racism, sexism, bigotry, and so on.

YOU, a woman, are propagating a negative view of woman as a whole simply because you've encountered a few individuals who engage in behavior that you don't like.

As another woman, I find this sad, frustrating, and it makes me angry. I am sick and tired of being judged for the "sins" of others. I am a woman. I am not a catty woman. I am not a "*****" that seeks another's man. I am not drama loving or overly emotional. My hormones don't control me. My ovaries, uterus, and vagina are not me.

oddly enough--neither am I. I would never do 1/2 the things that i observe other women doing. Unfortunately, many women are more alike than they are different when it comes to things they'll do for social acceptance or approval by men.
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WHOM.

Yet another reason this thread is dumb.
    Options
    I was like that when I was younger.... and before finding the true love! Now... I don't care, I'm happier having what I have :)

thank you for being HONEST! WOW, one person in this entire thread. sheesh.I'm quite shocked that more people aren't reporting this sort of thing.
    Options
    WHOM.

whatever Miss Grammar Goddess. I really hate when people have nothing to contribute to a thread so they attack something completely irrelevant in order to circumvent the question/issue.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WHOM.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, many women are more alike than they are different when it comes to things they'll do for social acceptance or approval by men.
    [/quote]

For this one I will agree & its a sad thing that we women are facing more pressures in looking good especially when it comes to weight issues. We get most of the nasty comments from our mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, female in-laws, female friends or collegues, etc. Let's face it a lot of us have other reasons why we want to lose weight & its not simply because of health reasons but more so to look hot. However I know many guys who doesn't care if a woman is a size 0 or 8.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was like that when I was younger.... and before finding the true love! Now... I don't care, I'm happier having what I have :)

thank you for being HONEST! WOW, one person in this entire thread. sheesh.I'm quite shocked that more people aren't reporting this sort of thing.

;-)
    Options

Unfortunately, many women are more alike than they are different when it comes to things they'll do for social acceptance or approval by men.

For this one I will agree, let's face it a lot of us have other reasons why we want to lose weight & its not simply because of health reasons but more so to look hot. However I know many guys who doesn't care if a woman is a size 0 or 8.

agreed.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    er, isn't it the husbands fault for cheating on his future wife?
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options

you're "putting words in my mouth" as they say--I never said women are the "only people who can be like that"--i said it appears "more prevalent" among women. get your facts straight.
    It's more opinion than fact, but okay. You still seem to be assuming that one gender is inherently worse than the other. Not going to try and change your opinion, though, you seem pretty set on it. You have a great day now.:smokin:
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If another woman wants your man, the best revenge is to let her have him. It works.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Chris Rock has a great bit about this, where a guy's friends basically wants to find a girl just like his friends girl, but a girl's friend just wants the girl's boyfriend. It's obviously a lot funnier when he does the bit, so I apologize and will keep the comedy to him next time.