Cardio vs. Strength training results (pic)

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome awesome!!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep it up
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! All the support is very motivating, and I hope you guys get the results you want!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You're looking fantastic. So motivating.
  • muskett83
    muskett83 Posts: 12
    Options
    Here are a couple of my "during" pics. All of March I did a combo of running, Zumba and calisthenics using 7lb weights. My weight was 168.4 with close to 34% body fat. In a month I lost 6 lbs, but my body fat was still at 33%. I decided to cut back on cardio (elliptical or light running twice a week) and started the Stronglifts 5x5 power lifting program. Since then I have only lost another 3 lbs, but my body fat is now at 28%. Not to mention, I am much stronger. Here are my current stats:
    Squats - 115 lb
    Bench - 85 lb
    Pendlay rows - 90 lb
    Overhead press - 70 lb
    Dead lift - 145 lb

I still have a long way to go, but hopefully my progress so far will motivate someone to pic up some weights! :)

inze36.jpg
    a long way to go :s you look amazing hun, i wouldnt lose much more. i have done the same thing, i was losing a few lbs a week, but it wasnt showing on the tape measure or in the mirror so ive started p90x this week, i feel loads stronger already. well done chic u look fab xxx
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    a long way to go :s you look amazing hun, i wouldnt lose much more. i have done the same thing, i was losing a few lbs a week, but it wasnt showing on the tape measure or in the mirror so ive started p90x this week, i feel loads stronger already. well done chic u look fab xxx

Thank you for the support! Changing it up always helps when things slow down. It reenergizes you and you try that much harder! Good luck to you!
  • TrainersRoom
    Options
    Strength training is so much more than going to the gym and lifting heavy weights. Strength training exercises can benefit your heart, strengthen your bones, help you lose weight, and it burns more calories than cardio. Aside from burning calories, strength training also makes you stronger and gives your muscles that chiseled/toned look. Thanks a lot.
  • lion_queen
    lion_queen Posts: 37
    Options
    YOU. LOOK. F*CKING AMAZING! I wish I could look like you!
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I do 2 days cardio, 3 days strength a week. Best combo imo.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    You look great :) Keep up the amazing work!
  • KacieK1
    KacieK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great Job, It looks as if you've had a total body lift. Off to do more reading on 5X5
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is great and very inspirational. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up on the numbers on the scale.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    You guys are awesome. In case anyone missed the links, here are some very helpful groups that taught me a lot and lead to the progress I'm making now. Enjoy!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/788-women-strength-training

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • jaimemcdowell
    Options
    bump
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's hard seeing the numbers on the scale move slower, but the reflection in the mirror makes it worth it. I'm excited to see where my progress will be in another couple of months!

this is exactly what i'm going through now, also. you're looking great!!! keep it up!!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's hard seeing the numbers on the scale move slower, but the reflection in the mirror makes it worth it. I'm excited to see where my progress will be in another couple of months!

this is exactly what i'm going through now, also. you're looking great!!! keep it up!!

Good luck, though I'm sure you're doing great! It's been almost another month and I've only lost another 1.4 lbs so far since May 5th, but I'm down a bunch more inches everywhere so there is still progress being made, slowly but surely!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Upped my cals to net around 1900. Still lifting heavy. I'm sitting around 156-157lb this week and approaching 27% bf.

Here's my latest progress:

b9c3k1.jpg

w6qhau.jpg

One step at a time!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You look great girl!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!