How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options
My ultimate goal is actually losing 110 pounds overall. But, right now I am just trying to be in "Onederland" and i need to lose about 30 pounds to reach it. so I like to know how long did it take for some and what were you doing to achieve this.

Replies

• Mrs_Dav
    Mrs_Dav Posts: 1
    Options
    It took me just under 4 months
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    7 days
    forgot to add. I quit soda pop cold turkey.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    About 110 days...working out 5 to 6 days a week at a gym for an hour each visist.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 months...now I'm stuck :( I have another 50 or so to go!

Good luck!
  • hpraiano
    hpraiano Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It took me just about four months :)
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A little under 3 months to lose 25 with hard work and clean eating
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    3 months....
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    18 weeks.

Averaging approx 1.6lb a week.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have almost been on here for four months and I have lost 29 so far. But I have had several bad weeks. :( But i kept getting back on the wagon and I have lost an average of 7.25lbs a month which isn't bad at all. Hope this helps you. :)
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what i need to lose, and i have been trying for 6 months, or longer. Its hard to lose when your body is over 60. :ohwell:
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    it took about 5 1/2 months for me to lose 30 lbs. i joined a gym, and started eating healthy. cut-out soda and sweet tea. exercise is key for me! :smile:
  • FITFORT
    FITFORT Posts: 85
    Options
    Just under 3 months....
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    about 5 months - the first month i was just running for a half an hour three times a week and eating less. the second month i decreased to 1200 to 1500 calories a day with more fruit and veggies and began incorporating strength training. the third and fourth months i added circuit training (so i was alternating cardio, strength, & circuit training 6 days a week). and the fifth month i added biking 12 miles to and from work (which is now my primary cardio), at which point i had to up my calories here and there cause working out 10 hours a week makes me hungry.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 mths or so. Stick with it, you can do it!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Just under four months...right through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve and my birthday. Unfortunately, I ATE AND ATE through the holidays, but I count it cuz I didn't gain any weight!!! (well, not really true. In one day I gained 8 1/2 pounds, but over all I didn't have a "still here" gain through the holidays). But the inches I have lost since the end of January have been mouth dropping--at least to me. I have lost over six inches in my stomach in the past 3 months. So even though the scale isn't saying what I want, the tape measure is.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3 months.
  • Latinalicious
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs the first month and a half, 15 lbs more the next month and finally 12 lbs the next; so basically lost 30 lbs within three to four months without exercise, special foods or diet aids of any sort, just portion control.

Good luck....
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am not quite at 30 yet close enough at 28. I elected to do it slow & steady. It has been 7 months. I eat close to my BMR & eat about 2/3 of my exercise calories. I walk everyday. Do some type of cardio exercise 6 days ( exercise DVDs, treadmil, or stationary bike) depending on my mood. I try to eat balance & healthy but, I will not deprive myself either. I will have ice cream or cake but, in moderation and I fit it into my overall calorie bank for the day.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Still working on it! I started my weight loss the last week of July 2011. So far I have lost 23 pounds. I'm taking it very very slowly...obviously. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 pounds within a year. I have 3 months left to lose 17 pounds... some days that seems far more obtainable than others. I WILL do it though. I am so much healthier and happier than I was 23 pounds ago though. I can actually go for a jog without wanting to die, I choose healthier foods than I used to, and my body looks so much better than it did before I decided to change my life. Sorry that the response is a bit out of the norm, but it's the way that it is for ME :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    About 7 months, averaging one pound a week. But that was the final 30, which is typically slower.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!