How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options

Replies

• marinastfu
    marinastfu Posts: 6
    Options
    I started Jan 9th and I'm about 30lbs down right now so 4 months.
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    It took me 4 months. I was tracking all my calories here, trying to keep under the totals set. I workout 3-5 times a week -- a mix of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Couch to 5K, swimming, and now working out with a trainer. I also wear a Fitbit and try to walk at least 5000 steps a day and 30 flights of stairs (I've only been doing the stairs part for the last month).
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Judging from my report, it took me about 2 months to drop 30 lb. But then again, I'm obsessive/compulsive about MFP datalogging and keeping the values where they should be. Exercising 5X week helps too.
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    45 days...stopped compulsive eating and began exercising.
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a 11 months to lose 65 pounds.
  • sm5sandstorm
    Options
    Just under three months.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    havent lost 30, YET, but I've lost 17lbs in the past 44 days, so about 6 weeks. hopefully will be up to 30 lbs lost in the next 6! :]
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    The first 30 pounds? 10 weeks.

The last 30 pounds? A year.

It's all about you, where you are on your weight loss, and the effort you put into it. But as long as you getting healthier, the length of time shouldn't matter.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I have lost 28 in 7 weeks.
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    3 months at between 1500-1700 calories a day and at least 30 minute workouts, about 2 months into it, I quit pop entirely, I was drinking about a 6 pack a day, now I am down to between 1300-1500 calories a day and it's actually hard to get there, I'm never that hungry and since it's summer I swim at least 90 minutes a day, it burns hella calories :)
    Good Luck!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    1 year but I did it slowly to limit my muscle loss!
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    6 months - for the first few months I went to the gym 4+ days/week. Then I found MFP and started doing bodyrock at home (still going to zumba twice a week too) and I found that much more effective in shedding the weight :)
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It took me from May 2012 to July 2012 to lose 30 lbs. I put myself on a strict 1200 calorie diet (not for everyone but it works for me). I tried to stay away from overloading on carbs and sodium because they are my FAVORITE! I am not much of a sweets person unless TOM is in town (sorry fellas TMI). I stayed in the gym 6 days out of the week. I started the C25k program to get started and I lost around 15lbs just from that. When I felt like I could do more I added strength training in. Now I am doing the 10k program. I will be real and say I had my binge days and I felt guilty and disappointed in myself but I am only human! I still have a ways to go but I will say with your continued hard work, determination and support those pounds will drop faster than you can breathe! Good Luck and many wishes of continued success to you and everyone else!
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6 months and 1 week - reached 30lbs lost today!
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    Took me 4 months and 2 weeks to reach losing the 30 lbs mark!
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Restarted April 26 2012 351lbs.
    Took 5 weeks to lose 30lbs.
    I'm now 45lbs down in 10 weeks.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I just reached 30.5lbs two days ago. So it took me 17 weeks/119 days to lose 30.5lbs.

I'm very happy with that. I see some people have dropped the weight quickly - good for them, but as I've slowly walked down this path of a new life, I've picked up new habits. If I'd have done it faster, I doubt I would have. Knowing me.

Also, as I haven't lost it fast, I haven't got any loose skin and I believe my body is adapting to my new weight better.
  • mstrohbusch
    mstrohbusch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months including a two month plateau during the Holidays. I'm at 55 pounds lost now, so keep going. I made a lot of progress during the weeks that I exercised and did not eat the extra calories.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 9th and I'm about 30lbs down right now so 4 months.

??? 6 months?
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 1/2 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!