Me too.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    About three months.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    about 4-4.5 months (I started at around where you are now & I'm 5'6")
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Strenuous exercise can cause short term gain but long tern wieght loss, but better health all the way around. Stay at it girl, one day at a time.

Yes, very strenuous exercise causes water retention in the muscles (the muscles need the water to heal/rebuild) so you'll often see a short-term water weight gain when you start a heavy regimen. Drink extra water and make sure to eat properly to help accelerate the healing of the muscles, and you'll end up with more beautiful calorie-burning muscle on board.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    5-6 weeks ... but I was going to the gym 2-3 hours a day at the time!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Bout 2-3 months, I think. I'm at about 4.5 months now and 45 pounds down, but the first 20 went very fast.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    forever! 5 or 6 months.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The larger you start, the faster you drop the weight. I started at 170 in mid-January of this year, and am closing in on 30 for next month.
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    It took me around 4 months to lose the first 30 pounds. I've been working on my last 30 pounds for almost 5 months now and the scale hasn't moved.
  • riss725
    riss725 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    January is when i started losing getting on the path to really buckle down and lose weight. Last Wednesday, I hit my 30lb mark :smile: From January to March, I was just doing the Biggest Loser workout for Xbox Kinect and I lost 13lbs. Mid-March, I joined MFP and lost the rest of that 30 doing the 30 Day Shred and am now mid-way through Ripped in 30. I am hoping that the weight comes off like it did in the last month or so because my next goal is 15 off by my birthday in July and then another 15 by my friend's wedding at the end of October...so overall, I am hoping for 30 gone in just under 6mos... and that would be me into ONEderland! :happy:
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    It took me 9 months.

I'm past the 30 pound mark now and shooting for another 10 pounds.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I been here over a year and I am stuck at 31.6lbs.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    When I started out, it took me 6 months to lose the first 30 lbs. That was pretty much adding 2 workout sessions a week and little change to my food. Once I ramped up exercise to 4-5x a week and keeping my calories tracked and under (setting 1.5 / week), it started coming off faster.

If you're trying to estimate when you will lose your first 30, your mileage is gonna vary, depending on your activity level, your health at the start, and how much effort you put into exercise/food control. Fast or slow, you can still do it! Just keep pluggin' away at it!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    2.5 months doing the insanity workout and eating @ a 600 cal deficit.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    Today will be my 2 month mark! 30 pounds gone!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Took me a year but that was all I wanted to loose. The last couple of lbs took forever. Good Luck!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am not quite at 30 lbs (28.5), but I lost the majority of my weight the first 2 months. I think 3-5 months of a healthy diet and exercise seems to the be the 'average'.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    15 weeks ...2 lbs a week :-)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    1.5 months... but it has been crazy fast. I lost about 78 in 4.5 months
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ive been doing this for 5 months n have only lost 12 pounds
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!