Cottage Cheese.... This may seem silly....

Options

Replies

• col8178
    col8178 Posts: 1
    Options
    I get the small cups and eat mine every morning with Almonds! - great for protein to start the day.

My father mixes it with sour cream, and pepper!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I put lots of pepper on mine. I have heard of people eating it with fruit and such, but I can't bring myself to do that for some reason, but I do love cottage cheese!
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    It tastes nice with pineapple or blueberry. Or just eat it by itself, either way I love cottage cheese. I don't usually have it so when I do it's like a treat. :heart:
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten it plain or with fruit- after reading all of these posts, I am off to buy some for lunch with PEPPER on it- I can't wait to try it!
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use small curd and put chopped onions and green pepper in it. Then I cut up tomatoes and mix it altogether and season with
    salt, pepper and hot sause. I don't like it with fruit though some people love it that way.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    make scrabbled eggs!
  • rea3929
    rea3929 Posts: 3
    Options
    MIX FRESH FRUIT , PINEAPPLE OR CANNED FRUIT USE LITE PEACHES OR PEARS ,THIS WILL MAKE COTTAGE BETTER.
    :love:
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love CC but would always get the FF kind-

I now buy the Low fat instead of FF so my kiddies get some
    much needed fat in there diets

I was impressed by the flavour difference it made.

but other then that i am a fruit person as well peaches are my fav but any will do
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    on a baked potato in lieu of sour cream. or straight out of the container. i like it kind of dry, so i use the spoon to squeeze it against the side of the container and lose some of the whey.

lots of black pepper is good. don't like it with fruit, but i do like it with tomato.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just recently began eating FFCC (I hated it as a kid) and my fave way so far has been with fruit (blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, mango, canteloupe, you name it) with about a half pack of Stevia in the Raw mixed in. Best dessert or snack I eat this days :)
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is heaped on saltine crackers or pretzel crisps. I also prefer the larger curd to the smaller curd - the larger curd seems less liquid-y to me and I prefer a drier cottage cheese.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i use it on my salad instead of dressing, and i also mix it with my albacore to make a tuna sandwich. so it's sort of a mild, fat free alternative to mayo that way...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I like it with pepper as well. My fave is when I make roast beef with mash potatoes and brown gravy.
    I mix the taters and gravy with it. Looks nasty but I love it!!! Hold on I'm having a moment here.....:smokin:
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff. Drain some pineapple and mix the two. I eat it by itself as well.
  • spiderjasper
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with canned bartlett pears. Delicious!
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For me, it's cottage cheese and sliced granny smith apples.
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with Baked Doritos. Just scoop it up like a dip, YUM!
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love mine with mixed berries and a few candied walnuts :tongue:
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with Baked Doritos. Just scoop it up like a dip, YUM!

This actually sounds awesome to me :) YUM! thanks!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love it! A lot of times I just it it plain or on a piece of multigrain bread with some pepper. I also love it with pineapple.