COFFEE!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    donut shop blend from my Keurig (and I recycle the filters so don't get mad that I use K cups...I get about 10 uses out of one filter
    :-) )
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    STARBUCKS!!! FRAPPUCCINOS!!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My favorite place to buy coffee is the one that is closest.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Stop spending oodles of money on coffee. Dear god, it adds up quicker than you think. Invest in a Keurig. Set yourself a target price for K cups. My goal is 60 cents or less a cup. The average is 90 cents or more per cup. I have succeeded getting in the 47 cents a cup range. Keep 2 or 3 flavored creamers on hand. The possibilities are endless. Each cup is fresh and hot (or cold if you wanna do iced coffee like I do). And you know exactly what's going in it.

For me K-cups have too high of an environmental impact. That's a lot of trash and processing. But I only get coffee a few times a week.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Stop spending oodles of money on coffee. Dear god, it adds up quicker than you think. Invest in a Keurig. Set yourself a target price for K cups. My goal is 60 cents or less a cup. The average is 90 cents or more per cup. I have succeeded getting in the 47 cents a cup range. Keep 2 or 3 flavored creamers on hand. The possibilities are endless. Each cup is fresh and hot (or cold if you wanna do iced coffee like I do). And you know exactly what's going in it.

For me K-cups have too high of an environmental impact. That's a lot of trash and processing. But I only get coffee a few times a week.

True, but if that is a concern for you the Keurig K brewers have the "My K Cup" accessory that allows you to use your own coffee ground and still use the brewer reducing the extra K-Cup manufacturing and waste . I have one and use this as well as the K-Cups pending on what flavor/type/roast of coffee I am in the mood for. Additionally, you can save money by using your own coffee. I maybe buy K-Cups every 4-5 months unless I find them on sale or a see new blend that I want to try.

http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

True, but if that is a concern for you the Keurig K brewers have the "My K Cup" accessory that allows you to use your own coffee ground and still use the brewer reducing the extra K-Cup manufacturing and waste . I have one and use this as well as the K-Cups pending on what flavor/type/roast of coffee I am in the mood for. Additionally, you can save money by using your own coffee. I maybe buy K-Cups every 4-5 months unless I find them on sale or a see new blend that I want to try.

So, you're saying to spend about $50-100 on a Keurig brewer, plus another $10-20 for the piece of **** My K-Cup (I had one, it is terrible! Solofil is supposed to be better), just to brew your own coffee? Rather than spending $10 on a single-cup drip machine, or $15 for a 12-cup drip machine? Look, I like my Keurig too, but this does not make financial sense whatsoever.
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Starbucks of course my dear!!!
  • connielancaster
    connielancaster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Kuerig which I love and it really saves me money. Once in a while I'll splurge at the 2 local coffee shops here and when we travel it's usually McD's!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun easy topic for a Monday! What is your favorite place to buy coffee?

McDonald's 99 cent-er?
    Starbucks Specialties?
    Thorton's 89 cents!?!?!

I was hooked on McDonald's for the longest time but now I find myself shifting back to Starbucks...blonde roast, lot's of cream one sugar :drinker:

You mean buy already made? I don't do that. I make my own in my Kuerig. I buy my coffee lots of places, not always K-cups, I have a filter basket for it. I like little gourmet shops at touristy places to buy unique coffees.
  • FitLink
    Options
    I have a Kuerig which I love and it really saves me money. Once in a while I'll splurge at the 2 local coffee shops here and when we travel it's usually McD's!

It's funny you say your Kuerig saves you money. They tease me at work about how expensive coffee in K-cups is, compared to the five-pound Folgers the company buys. Only compared to buying it already brewed is Kuerig cheap.
  • gina29ny
    gina29ny Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a big coffee fan,I drink from different places,but Starbucks is way to strong for me,every time I'm there ,I add water to my cup,McDonald's much better and testy #1
  • FitLink
    Options

So, you're saying to spend about $50-100 on a Keurig brewer, plus another $10-20 for the piece of **** My K-Cup (I had one, it is terrible! Solofil is supposed to be better), just to brew your own coffee? Rather than spending $10 on a single-cup drip machine, or $15 for a 12-cup drip machine? Look, I like my Keurig too, but this does not make financial sense whatsoever.

"My K-Cup" isn't ideal because you have to disassemble the brewer to use it. I use a Solofill basket because it doesn't require any disassembly. I had a single cup drip machine. I didn't like it. BIG mess to make a single cup. I'm not interested in making 12 cups--I want it freshly brewed each cup. Sometimes I use K-cups, sometimes the basket. Don't care if it makes financial sense, I enjoy the coffee this way.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Grocery store so I can brew it at home
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tully's. Don't tell, I'lll be kicked out of the PNW.

Tully's rocks.

But I'm a Starbucks gal-- triple Americano, black.

Delish.

Home coffee-- K-cup -- Newman's Extra Bold...black.

and by the way, I know what PNW means-- so there. :tongue:
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    my favorite is skinny caramel latte at Starbucks :drinker:
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Home: Kcup- Millstone breakfast blend or acadian roast River Road - Salted caramel sugar free syrup and fat free half and half
    Out: PJ's Skinny Caramel Latte.
    If out of town, I opt for starbucks. ;)
  • gothgirlphx
    gothgirlphx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, hands down. If you're looking to indulge- Black forest Ice Blended coffee (espresso, chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, dark chocolate shavings...). If you're looking for something sensible, they have fat free, sugar free selections, and just about everything can be sweetened with splenda instead of sugar. Prices are a little lower than Starbucks, too :-)
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my own kitchen!!
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sheetz, surprisingly. They make the espresso in a real Italian espresso machine right in front of me, use Torani syrup (which I love) and actual gallon jugs of milk (not powered milk or fake cream bases), like Starbucks, but it's sooo much cheaper. A large iced coffee is around 2.50 there, at starbucks it can be 4 or 5! I either get a vanilla latte w/ sugar free syrup and skim or soy milk when it's cold, but now that the weather is warmer either a red alert (coffee w/ a shot of espresso) and add stevia and a little creamer in the morning when it's cooler, or a double-shot of espresso straight up during the day and I can't stomach a huge hot drink. If I want to splurge my calories on a drink, an iced latte with skim or soy and two shots of espresso with sugar-free syrup.
    I only get my coffee there when I have clinicals since it's on the way to the hospital. I make my own coffee at home every other day of the week, though. Two teaspoons of sugar and a splash of 2% milk. Under 100 calories, and so worth it.
  • FitLink
    Options
    Somehow over the past couple of years, I have become a super coffee snob, so my choices are the following order of preference:
    1. Local indie coffee shop that serves beans roasted less than 1 week ago
    2. Peets or Local coffee shop with lower quality beans than #1, but excellent preparation technique
    15. Starbucks (if there is no other option or I want a sugary coffee drink and Peet's isn't available)
    50. 7-11, McDs, BK, Gas Station, Fast Food Places if I am absolutely desperate for caffeine

Indie Coffee Snob Cafe > Peets > Starbucks for barrista skill level (and latte art)

The other thing about option 1: The coffee tastes so different, I can forgo sugar in espresso drinks: lattes, cappuccino, and gibraltars. At starbucks, I can't because the coffee is too bitter.

I never met coffee I wanted to put sugar in.