The reason I drink...

Options

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I had nicknamed my son "He who dances on Refrigerators" he was always climbing on top of it and many other places too. He was a runner, we had our door locked up with five different locks, (he would figure out every one of them) we joked around about it being fort knox. eventually I had alarms on the doors and windows. As a single mom, I couldn't even use the bathroom without some craziness from that child. He's now 18 and life is peaceful! :) Some days I actually miss the craziness, since my youngest is now 17. But it all leaves me with lots of fun memories. (Some scary ones too, but love laughing over the fun ones.)
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 14, and quite frankly, I'm surprised that we've all survivied this long. But just be warned...you asked!!! :)

Born with ear infection, 3 surgeries
    Split his eyebrow open, age 2 (got DCFS called on us for that one)
    Broke his thumb (in all fairness, not entirely his fault) and needed stitches
    Caught his finger in the door jam and crushed his finger, lost the nail
    fell and broke his jaw, and hit so hard that he lost his front tooth - (not quite 2 yet)
    broke his other thumb
    broke his left arm climbing a fence - age 7
    broke his right hand jumping a bike ramp - age 10 (and got severe road rash on his face)
    ripped his knee open jumping on a trampoline - 10 stitches
    ran into a brick wall at school, 12 stitches, really gross....
    shot himself in the eye with an airsoft gun, almost lost his vision
    locked himself in the YMCA locker - stuck for almost an hour before the owner could be contacted

That's all I can think of for now....I'm sure more will come to me!! It's been a loooooong 14 years!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    ................................... :indifferent:

This one's FOR YOU! :drinker:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My twins are now 20 but I think you may have gotten a similar pair. God felt sorry for me after the twins and gave me the no trouble whatsoever child. I do hope you make it through the teenage years with them. It is not easy.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I have 3 kids, my middle boy is the one that makes me thank God everyday that he isnt a twin :)
    lmao. Same here!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The youngins are physically exhausting, the teens and young adults are emotionally exhausting. lol
    Compared to the fun you will have when they are teenagers and young adults....that is a piece of cake.

Did someone say cake.......
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oh thank God I stopped at one! I will send you a case of whiskey...
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why I stopped at one....
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My twins are almost 3 and a half and I have to admit you have shown me things my children have not thought of yet. AND I hope they will not. Having twins is a whole different level of survival parenting.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    lol, this made me laugh so much! cheers!
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Enjoy this while you can and just wait until their older. Pre-teen and full blown teenager here.

I don't have the pictures of my teenager putting my car in the ditch and cracking up the front end. ( I got really drunk after that one)

p.s. According to teenagers, the older they get the dumber you get.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Compared to the fun you will have when they are teenagers and young adults....that is a piece of cake.

Can someone say AMEN!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You TOTALLY just made my day!! I laughed out loud!! Good luck with them!!

That was awesome!!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but have you considered any sort of behavioral analysis and/or help from a child psychologist to see if there's some way to get these two under control? Different kids have different needs, and maybe you just need a little help figuring out what it is?

On the upside, keeping up with those two probably means that the drinks could be considered "exercise calories".

I'm wondering the same. Maybe you just haven't quite gotten them figured out yet in a behavioral aspect, and a professional might be able to help, since the stories you've shared are quite something.

I need to show this thread to my boyfriend every time he tries to convince me that children are a good idea in our far future.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    hahahah Im so glad my children are grown and out of the house :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    After reading that, I just called up my parents and apologized. I was the same way too (in fact, i think i did some of the same things in those pictures). But my parents had to deal with three of us (Irish triplets...lol). I feel really bad now, and I think i will receive the payback once i start having kids (Should i start drinking now??...lol).

On the bright side, my siblings and I were never trouble makers as teens and adults. We all went to college, have good jobs, and I think we probably ended up replacing everything we destroyed (furniture, new tv, etc). So somewhere down the line, it got better. I hope it does for you too.
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have a 23 year old I was 16 when I had him, great baby, not too bad toddler, difficult teens, then I met my husband and wanted kids as an adult, I have an almost 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl, I don't have any photos to share but WE FEEL THE SAME WAY, we are definitely being punished, the recent disaster was they got kicked out of the kids club at our gym, so I can't go anymore, it was my only 2 hours of freedom a day, now that's gone. They are so bad I can't even go to the store with them, they make me drink too - i just keep saying to myself hang in there it has to get better
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I had to pour myself a cocktail after seeing this-thank god I can't have children! :drinker:
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Cheers! I'll be drinking one for you this weekend!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    They grow up. It gets better. And as unreal as this sounds, one day you will miss the Rescue Heroes rapelling down the stairs. (Or, maybe that's just me.)