What was your first car?

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my very first car as a 92 mustang, i learned stick and felt pretty awesome untill it was winter.
    then i got a 92 red mazda. my dad gave it to me and shared a car with my mom when i turned 17. she left me stalled out in the middle of lights in milwaukee, stranded in parking garages in Madison, and overheated the day i moved to college so i had to drive with the heat blasting. then she died on xmas and i paid 400 dollars to patch her up for a couple more months. *sigh* i still miss her, i loved that car
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Very nice longhaul, are you sure i have not met you before? I had a buddy that had just about the same car, not the nice wheels though.
    Well my first care was a 1972 puke green custom ford. It was a boat and yes the kids at school called it the boat. that's how it drove too. i could fit most of the football team in it. Did many many night of apple cooning and a few pumpkins too. It kept me very safe when a pig truck hit me. What a ride! oh yea and only AM on the radio....
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1978 Pontiac Phoenix, blue, wish I still had it!
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow I love Nova I been looking for one for the past year.
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    My first car was a 1993 BMW 325i, and I got it when i was 16. It only lasted me until it died a couple years later. I was happy to get rid of it though. haha
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my first car was a 2001 chrysler convertible it was so cool i had it in high school so i would always have the top down
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    81' Toyota truck, no AC, AM radio, a single 4x6 speaker in the dash, standard transmission. It was a work truck for a metal fabrication company before I got it so it smelled like grease and BO.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1995 Chevy Silvarado :) I loved my big red truck!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Red 72 Datsun 710 Wagon - all class!

I upgraded to a green 76 Pinto
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    my first car was a 2001 chrysler convertible it was so cool i had it in high school so i would always have the top down

My daughter's first was a cobalt blue Sunfire convertible. Everyone in school knew who drove Blueberry Yum-Yum. Now she's in college and I upgraded her to a white Sebring convertible. Not everyone knows who drives Jack Frost but she's working on it.
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1974 Mazda 808 wagon that needed the valves adjusted once a month. Had that heap for about 6 months and then bought my sister's 68 Mustang. Now that was a great car (wish I still had it)!
  • fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1981 monte carlo. It still had an 8 track player in it!
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    79 Ford Mustang
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    A mustard yellow Pinto!!A 1970 something, can't remember for sure. My grandpa bought it for $25 and fixed it up for me. I miss that old car. I used to have to park it on a slight incline most of the time so I could get it rolling and pop the clutch! My friends and brother knew the drill and many times had to push it if there wasn't a hill around :laugh:

Good memories!!
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    Great stories......let's hear some more.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I was 16 driving a 79 Ford Fairmont.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    96 Toyota Camry.. miss that thing!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've heard of it, it's called the omnitran?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    1967 Cougar XR7- GT. Bought it for $100 out of the junkyard with a blown motor, no trans, and a 9" 4.11 rear end. I pulled the blown 390 out of it and replaced it with a 351C 4V I built myself. It ran high 11's on slicks, mid 12's on 295/50/15 street tires (slow by my standards today lol...not bad for a years work from 15yrs old to 16yrs old).

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it anymore (ex wife...:mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: )...but it looked almost identical to this one, down to the color and the Indy Mag rims:

Cougar-origineel.jpg
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    1996 Dodge Dakota pick-up truck.

I loved that POS. ♥