Stupid things people say when they hear you're dieting

Options
This doesn't mean you have to stop eating my cooking! (If it has a stick of butter in it, it does!)

I bought you some double fudge brownies!

You seriously think you can do that?

What, my (insert X0,000 calorie food) doesn't fit in with your little diet?

You HAVE to eat this. It's not fair to YOU if you don't eat this.

Replies

• NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    not sure if its stupid, but it was frustrating to hear:

"you'd think the weight would be just dropping off with all this running you're doing"
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Why? Your not that big! After showing some progress "don't lose no more! You dont want to get too skinny. Background, started at 209 currently at 160.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    "What do you need to lose weight for"?

GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE....I am obviously fat....sheesh!!!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    oh yeah... "Why did you throw that away?!" LOL
  • FrostyFour
    Options

Ummmm cause my clothes don't fit, my tummy jiggles, the room goes silent when I enter... shall I continue?
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I get told that I always lose, but I ALWAYS put it back on! Uggh!! How about a little support! And I'm not dieting, I'm making a lifestyle change! but thanks for telling me that I'm always on a diet! end vent! haha
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "Oooooo, we got a health nut over here!"

"But you're not fat, just a lil curvy."

"Oh, do you not want my food anymore?" Sorry, Grammy. I can't eat your buttery fatty casseroles anymore, mmkay?

"I'm sick of your healthy cooking, I want something that tastes good!" Once again, sorry Grammy. XD
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Ummmm cause my clothes don't fit, my tummy jiggles, the room goes silent when I enter... shall I continue?

Exactly!!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    omg youre soooo tiny, yea just because my extra small scrubs swallow me does not mean my bmi doesnt say im at least 10 lbs over weight
  • GloynByw
    GloynByw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "Wouldn't it be easier just to have liposuction?"

No really, someone said this to me...
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    I get told that I always lose, but I ALWAYS put it back on! Uggh!! How about a little support! And I'm not dieting, I'm making a lifestyle change! but thanks for telling me that I'm always on a diet! end vent! haha

I hate that one... people trying to get you to give up.
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    "Wouldn't it be easier just to have liposuction?"

No really, someone said this to me...

What? You don't like paying someone to stab you repeatedly?
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "what? seriously, order something other than salad, I don't want to be eating real food alone!" <-- salad is food. for ****s sake.
    "Oh, I forgot, you're on a diet." <-- in public. I'm not on a diet. i just decided that I don't want a heart attack + diabetees at age 50.
    "You weight train? Oh, I don't do that because then I'll have to stick to it. Besides, I don't want to get bulky!" <-- try ONCE nad then talk.
    "Look, it's fat free! It must be healthy." <--- while pointing at a hydrogenated mutant colorful "edible" product at the supermarket
    "eat this. I will get sad if you don;t/ I spent so long preparing it." <--- you spent so long melting 3 tubs of butter and sugar in a pan.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    From my (in shape) husband via email: My coworker's kid is selling cookie dough - do we want any?
    Me: *I* don't want any, but I know you and the kids would like it...it's up to you, assuming you're paying for it.

End result: He ordered SIX TUBS OF COOKIE DOUGH.

*facepalm*
  • Erisad
    Options
    "But men like women with curves!"

"Are you doing this for a man?"

No, no I'm not. My boyfriend is very supportive of me at any size. I'm trying to get healthy, not skinny. There's a difference people!
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "How can you eat that HEALTHY food, don't you get sick of depriving yourself" :huh: :noway:

Nope that's how I got fat in the first place
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    "what? seriously, order something other than salad, I don't want to be eating real food alone!" <-- salad is food. for ****s sake.
    "Oh, I forgot, you're on a diet." <-- in public. I'm not on a diet. i just decided that I don't want a heart attack + diabetees at age 50.
    "You weight train? Oh, I don't do that because then I'll have to stick to it. Besides, I don't want to get bulky!" <-- try ONCE nad then talk.
    "Look, it's fat free! It must be healthy." <--- while pointing at a hydrogenated mutant colorful "edible" product at the supermarket
    "eat this. I will get sad if you don;t/ I spent so long preparing it." <--- you spent so long melting 3 tubs of butter and sugar in a pan.

You knew I wasn't gonna eat it then wtf did you make it?
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't get rid of your too big clothes, I'm sure you'll need them again (Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom)

Why bother, you'll gain it all back plus some. Dieting doesn't work. (It's called a lifestyle change actually)

Your grandma made all your favorites, her feelings are going to be hurt if you don't have some (Of each apparently... 3 kinds of pie, homemade donuts and chocolate cake)

I don't know what you're talking about, chicken is a diet food (not when it's deep fried chicken wings floating in honey garlic)
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    "Well you go on with that, I'll carry on eating real food" ....and when they say 'real' they mean Burgers and Fries from one of the local burger joints.
  • Erisad
    Options

Salad can be delicious with the right ingredients. I usually order either a salad or fish when I'm out, not much else anymore. :P

You mean enriched, bleached and hydrogenated food aren't good for you? Nawwwww. Get outta town. XD