Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    /reads through thread/

/head explode/

OpoQQ.jpg
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Oh, another comment I had yesterday was about weight lifting. My coworker says: Won't that make you gain weight and get bulky? I wouldn't do that if I were you.

LOL
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    "Your skinny as a rail why are you on a diet ?" Sorry no rails are as wide as 38 inches on the widest part "go eat a cheeseburger and forget this diet thing" really stupid :angry: :huh:
  • rheamanda
    rheamanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A coworker at lunch, "It makes me sick watching you eat the same stuff everyday!"

Umm, I'm sorry my baby spinach, carrots, and turkey interrupt you shoving pizza and fast food into your pie hole.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I literally just got called a food nazi, by a co-worker; In front of my daughter while she handed her a brownie the size of her head.

My mom calls me the "food police" sometimes because I want to plan out what my dinner is going to be right after breakfast so I can gauge what I should have for lunch. It's a game or a puzzle to me and I think it's kinda fun. I guess that makes me weird, huh? :P
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Why? Your not that big! After showing some progress "don't lose no more! You dont want to get too skinny. Background, started at 209 currently at 160.

^Yes! And I should add that I started at 230, and was hearing that by the time I hit 215!! Down to 200 now and everyone is telling me to stop. Uh, no. I am still overweight. Even if I lose another 30 lbs (my goal) I still won't be at a "healthy weight" for my height.

this
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who repeatedly asks me if I want to go shopping with her at Express. Or, when I need an outfit, she suggests Express.

I have told her dozens of times that Express only carries up to a size L. I cannot shop at Express.

Listen, people, listen!

*sigh*
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    "Don't you ever eat anything but salad?" - coworker

"But it's healthy!" my hubby referring to the mushroom and asparagus quesadilla from Dos Coyotes that he bought me for dinner one night. First of all I dont like mushrooms...second of all the fact that it was drowning in cheese really negated all the health benefits of the vegetables.

In response to me saying, "Ugh, I'm so stressed, I want to go eat a (insert unhealthy food option here).", my coworker says, "Good! Listen to your body!" UGH. Instead, I'd always go buy a salad.
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    A coworker at lunch, "It makes me sick watching you eat the same stuff everyday!"

Umm, I'm sorry my baby spinach, carrots, and turkey interrupt you shoving pizza and fast food into your pie hole.
    "the feeling is mutual."
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    The fact that they're calling what I eat "diet food" is the stupid thing seeing as how I'm not on a diet. I made this cookie recipe from here and brought some to work and a co-worker asked if it was part of my "diet thing". I had to let her know that I'm not on a diet and never will be. I eat healthy and filling foods. Seeing as how I do NOT discuss my lifestyle change with my collegues, but when they see me eat Greek yogurt, protein shakes, and nuts for snacks I kindly explain to them that my food choices keep me fuller longer. I'm so not the type to exclaim to everybody about me having lost so much weight so when she referred to me as being on a diet, it really perturbed me. My lifestyle is no different than hers, just my choices make me lose weight and hers keep her morbidly obese. Oops, that was kinda catty. :-/
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Mom, there is a skinny man inside me trying to get out.

Just the one dear?
    Lmao!!!
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker tell me that she was glad I had lost weight "because you were really fat before"...
  • aestarel
    aestarel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "Oh, how good for you!" ( in a patronising tone, from my dad's anorexic girlfriend)

"You're not gonna turn into (dad's anorexic girlfriend's name), are you?" (from everyone else)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    @70lbs lost....a relative said once you hit 100lbs lost...you will REALLY be able to tell.

Oh really?? You can't tell that I have lost a pre-teen?? Come on!!!

Then there is also...
    MIL -we're going to cook (insert unhealthy food) tonight. Oh wait, is that allowed on your diet?
    me- it's not a diet
    MIL - Well, we'll have salad too.
  • huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Why? Your not that big! After showing some progress "don't lose no more! You dont want to get too skinny. Background, started at 209 currently at 160.

THIS! I know people who constantly do that to me!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've commented on this thread 3 times, but I have more to say. Sorry, everyone!

This one was priceless and precious, in an sweet and well-intentioned but unfortunate sort of way.

My birthday was last Wednesday. My mom showed up at my house as a surprise on Monday (after driving 2 hours one way). She had with her TWO angelfood cakes. She said, "I know you're trying to watch what you eat, so I have 2 options for you. Here's an angelfood cake ("lighter" cake) with frosting, and here's just a plain angelfood cake that you can put fruit on if you want." Thoughtful, right? I pointed to the plain one and said, "I'll take this one. Thanks, Mom." (Not that I really wanted the sugar, but you take it to be nice.) She said, "Oh, no, keep them both! They're both for you."
    In other words, I know you're watching your weight, but I just made you TWO CAKES!

This sweet woman spent over an hour making frosting from scratch and baking 2 kinds of cake and drove 4 hours round trip to deliver me sweets I didn't want because she wanted to be sure I had options for my birthday since I'm watching my weight. *sigh*

That IS sweet of her, though..

Maybe you could take them to work for everyone else to eat? I do that with treats from my MIL.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    "Are you sure you can eat that?" YES, why else would I be eating it!?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "Are you sure you can eat that?" YES, why else would I be eating it!?

No, I can't eat it. That's why I'm eating it right now. :laugh:
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    not sure if its stupid, but it was frustrating to hear:

"you'd think the weight would be just dropping off with all this running you're doing"

wow thats a ***** comment right there
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and when I occasionally have a peanut butter cookie on the weekends (just ONE), and offer some to my hubby, he says "So that's on your diet, huh?"
    It's a lifestyle change, and i don't eat three cookies any more, just one, and only sometimes, not every day. It's a process. So SHUT IT.

But really he loves me just the way I am, he just likes to tease :-)