What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options

Replies

• jencornelius
    Options
    I do 1/4 c oatmeal with 1 tbsp raisins, 1 tbsp sugar free french vanilla powdered creamer, a sprinkle of cinnamon and one pkt of equal. Microwave and you have a filling breakfast in about 90 seconds. I also use the 100% fruit spreads (like Smuckers) as a change of flavor sometimes.

Whole wheat tortilla, one egg beater (or scrambled egg) a pinch of low fat cheddar and 1 tbsp of salsa.

Kashi cereal also fills me up. Honey almond flax is my fave.
  • amelia2033
    amelia2033 Posts: 20
    Options
    cooked low calorie rolled oats ( micro wave 90 seconds ) with either honey and skim milk, or brown sugar and skim milk... it will keep you full for hours :)
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    this sounds yummy as
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Breakfast

Almond Butter and Banana Smoothie

1 med. Banana
    1 cup vanilla soymilk
    5 tsp unsalted almond butter

In a blender, combine 1 medium banana with 1 cup vanilla soymilk and 5 tsp unsalted almond butter until smooth. Pour into a glass or to-go mug; top with 3 tbsp whole-grain flake cereal.
    382 calories, 18 g fat (1 g saturated), 49 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein

Belgian Waffles

Top 2 whole-grain waffles (such as Kashi 7 Grain) each with 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 2/3 cup sliced strawberries, 1 1/2 tbsp sliced almonds and 1 tsp maple syrup.
    371 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated), 56 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 15 g protein

In a bowl, scramble 1/3 cup liquid egg whites with 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar, 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper (optional) and freshly ground black pepper. In a medium skillet, cook egg mixture in 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat, 2 minutes. Serve in a warmed whole-wheat pita with 1 cup vanilla soymilk blended with 1 1/4 cups whole, unsweetened frozen strawberries.
    396 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated), 45 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein

One McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal and a small nonfat latte
    350 calories, 4.5 g fat (2 g saturated), 66 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein

In a small skillet coated with vegetable oil cooking spray, fry 1 large egg. Top with 2 tsp grated Parmesan; cook until melted. Place egg, 2 slices tomato, 1/4 cup arugula between 2 slices whole-wheat bread. Serve with 1 grapefruit and 2/3 cup skim milk.
    400 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated), 63 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 21 g protein
    Fruity, Nutty Crisps

Top 2 Wasa multigrain crispbreads with 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter and 1 small sliced apple. Serve with a café au lait: Mix 1 cup each hot skim milk and brewed coffee.
    386 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated), 57 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 18 g protein

In a small saucepan or the microwave, heat 160 calories of barley cereal (such as 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Barley Flakes or a multigrain hot cereal that contains barley) according to package directions but using skim milk for 1/2 cup of the liquid. (Use water for the rest.) Serve with another 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp skim milk, 1 small sliced banana, 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey), 1 tbsp sliced almonds and a dash of nutmeg.
    396 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 75 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 18 g protein

One International House of Pancakes Simple & Fit Veggie Omelette with fresh fruit and a café au lait (coffee mixed with 1/2 cup hot 2 percent milk)
    383 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated), 46 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein

Serve one 12-oz skim latte with one 80-calorie slice of whole-wheat bread spread with 4 tsp peanut butter and topped with a small sliced pear.
    392 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 54 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein

In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup shredded wheat with 3/4 cup whole-grain flake cereal; top with 1 small sliced banana, 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin seeds and 1 cup skim milk.
    400 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 74 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 18 g protein

In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup lowfat plain yogurt with 1 diced medium pear, 3 tbsp whole-grain flake cereal, 2 tbsp sliced pecans, 1 1/2 tsp honey and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
    376 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated), 57 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein

In a shallow bowl, spread 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt. (Choose one with at least 30 percent calcium per 8 ounces, such as Chobani.) Top with 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp za'atar (a Middle Eastern spice mix that includes thyme and sesame seeds) or dried thyme or mint, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1/3 cup no-salt-added chickpeas (rinsed and drained) and a pinch of salt. Eat with 1 whole-wheat pita.
    373 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated), 40 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 34 g protein

Saute 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms and half a scallion, chopped, in 1 1/2 tsp olive oil in medium frying pan for 5 minutes. Add 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten. Stir 2 minutes, or until set. Place in a warmed 100-calorie whole-grain tortilla or wrap. Serve with a cafe au lait: 1 cup each hot skim milk and brewed coffee.
    384 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated), 39 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 26 g protein

Top 1 toasted whole-wheat English muffin with 1 tbsp unsalted almond butter and 1 tsp honey. Serve with 1 cup skim milk and 1 sliced kiwifruit.
    401 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 62 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 21 g protein

In a bowl, layer 9 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 2 1/2 tbsp chopped walnuts and 1 cup raspberries.
    382 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated), 28 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein
  • Ssicaaa
    Ssicaaa Posts: 15
    Options
    Scrambled eggs + diced avocado.

Cherrios + sliced banananana + cinnamon on top with almond milk.
  • DougD82
    DougD82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a LOT of cheese you are eatting. I find cheese is high in calories with out giving a lot of bang for the buck, in other words you still feel empty afterwards and hungry soon after.
    I also recommend against most cereal products as they are so high in calories.

Why not try a whole banana, half a cup of strawberries and mix them up with half a.cup.of Greek Goddess honey Greek yogurt. Very filling, packed with protein and vitamins, but with a low calorie count.
    Or an egg white omlete with fresh baby spinach, tomato, and some chopped up onion. No cheese. Again high in bulk so you feel full but low in calories.

Edit: I am also SHOCKED at how many people are recommending prepared grain or bread products, which are notoriously high in calories versus their small servings size.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i ate an english muffin with peanut butter on it for years, but i stopped eating bread for breakfast a while back and i feel much less weighed down throughout the day; plus i don't worry as much about carbs for the rest of the day. i eat a smoothie every morning and it's freaking delicious. also keeps me full until lunch.

1/2 cup skim milk (can adjust for thickness)
    2 oz plain greek yogurt (estimated: i use 2 big tbsp)
    1 banana
    4-5 chunks frozen pineapple
    3-4 frozen slices of orange

blend and enjoy! makes about 3 cups of smoothie. i buy full pineapples and cut them up and freeze them - i go through at least a pineapple a week. same with oranges - buy the big cheap bag and slice them all up and freeze them. if it isn't sweet enough for you, you can add honey, but i don't think it needs it. if you aren't full enough, you can add oats or protein powder too, i hear (haven't tried this).

SOUNDS YUMMY!
  • JillClear
    JillClear Posts: 1
    Options
    I make granola to go bars (healthy cooking recipe) and have one of those. It makes a big pan and stored in an airtight container lasts me for a couple of weeks (unless hubby eats them, too). I change up the dried fruit/nut combo, too, for something different. Instead of cranberry-almond, I tried dates and/or dried mango and pistachio. yummy. The toasting of the oats, nuts, coconut beforehand is key, but doesn't take very long. I also make a homemade peanut butter granola and put a 1/4 cup of that on nonfat greek yogurt. It is so yummy, filling, and gets rid of those cravings for something dessert-ish. I never thought I could make granola bars and homemade granola, but it is so easy and quick. I will never buy this in the store again - just make my own.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Since I've started jogging in the mornings I've been eating some fruit (usually strawberries) and a cappuccino protein shake :)
  • mgtighe
    mgtighe Posts: 2
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit, nuts and 2 tablespoons of juice.

Cold or warm SooFoo (a super healthy mixture of whole grains, rice and lentils).

A bean burrito with olives, vegetables. I make these in quantity and freeze them.
  • Neekahxo
    Neekahxo Posts: 7
    Options
    1/2 cup of raw oats with 1 cup of milk and 1 scoop of whey protein.
    That's because I'm how a low calorie, high protein diet though :p.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I made clean apple cinnamon muffins last night and am having 2 of those this morning. 104 calories each,

2 cups whole wheat flour
    4 packets Stevia
    3 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    3/4 cup unsweetened apple saucce
    1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
    1 egg
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 apples peeled cored and chopped

This makes a dozen muffins. Bakes at 375 for 20 minutes
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    My orgasmicaly delish protein pancakes

1 scoop protein powder
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp PB2
    dark chocolate morsels
    1 slice of bacon
    1/2 small very ripe banana
    bit of water
    bit of vanilla

stir

cook

top with whipped honey or honey or peanut butter or whatever youd like

they come in just under 300 cals 38ish g protein 40ish carbs

they make two and are very filling

OK.. now this just sounds delicious.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a Yummy Tropical Strawberry Shakeology..
  • mary81184
    mary81184 Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually eat what i make my kids for breakfast. I think that breakfast gets burned faster at least for me so i will have pancakes (2 small ones), cereal, bagels or whatever else and a very small cup of coffee. I just joined this site last week so i have no idea if i lost weight yet, i havent done my weekly weigh in lol. but in all honesty as long as you follow serving sizes i think you can eat whatever in the morning
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Fruit or porridge with a giant mug of herbal tea is my usual breakfast during the week (if I have breakfast).

At the weekend I would have poached eggs with smoked salmon/kippers/spinach, english muffins, marmite on toast etc.

When I really fancy a treat I'll have huevos rancheros with homemade refried beans. That is a hearty breakfast.
  • Ihatecomicsans
    Options
    Fat free yoghurt and fruit, usually a chopped banana + handful of berries.

Is everyone here American? I feel like an English minority amongst all the cup measures and pancakes!
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is my absolute fave....and easy because you prepare it the night before.....

In large mug, I place....
    1/3c oats
    1/3c almond milk (or milk, or water)
    1/3c plain greek yogurt
    1/2 tsp brown sugar blend splenda
    Then add the toppings of your choice....you can make different variations every single day (I have added blueberries, bananas, raspberries, strawberries,cocoa, peanut butter, and even protein powder....the possibilites are endless)

Then you put it in the fridge overnight, and eat it cold in the morning.....mmm my favourite :)

Wow this sounds terrific!
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Fat free yoghurt and fruit, usually a chopped banana + handful of berries.

Is everyone here American? I feel like an English minority amongst all the cup measures and pancakes!

Not everyone, but we Brits are a minority for sure!