Running...couch to 5k?

Options
1235»

Replies

• SNYPorter
    SNYPorter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica, great job. I read your post and admire you success and attitudes. I am 165 now and really need to get it in check. How have you done it. Would love a fitness, diet buddy if interested or just a little kick in the pants. Great job to you!!!, Lisa
  • FireFae
    Options

I've found that little victories like that (whether intended or not!) really, really help out during the tough "long" runs. The 20 minute run they throw in on day 3 of week 5 I am convinced is so that when you're doing w6d1 you don't give up: "if I can run for 20 minutes straight, I can absolutely finish this!" A little confidence boost to remember for tough times to come!

Good job on the self-timed interval run; I hope your knee feels better soon!

Thank you! I just did my last day of week 3 tonight with a new app - the free c25k app - and I can't say it was 'easy', but it definitely wasn't hard! I'm actually very surprised how fast I'm improving! I actually did an extra 2.5 minute run after the program was done :happy: ...

But my right knee started hurting again mid-run and I also started getting some mild pain on the top of my left shin ... :frown: I did a lot of stretching after the run and I hope it won't bother me when I start week 4 on Monday next week. I also think it's about time to get new running shoes ... :grumble:
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    just did W1D1 last night, on to W1D2 tomorrow,...so I will! i walked at 3mph and jogged at 4mph....it was a start, my *kitten* feels it today.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to start week 2. Have been trying to build up endurance on my own, no luck. See so many successes with this program I'm going to do ti!!! Good luck!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add in my 2c!

Couch25k is THE reason why I started getting in shape and losing weight.

I hated running. Ask anyone I know, I HATED it. Running that extra minute or two every week the first few weeks was torture.

I kept going, kept running.

At some point I was thinking, "wow..I don't think I hate it anymore. I don't like it...but I don't hate it!"

Haha so it really is great for people who are just starting out!!