How bad is it to dink Diet Coke??

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Holy ****, lots of folks have drunk the "diet soda will kill you!!!" Kool Aid.

just wait till they find out it has aspartame!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    it's going to kill you. i'm surprised you're even able to type this post and that you're not in the back of an ambulance or something.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a can of diet soda, when I have drank my 8 glasses of water....
    If I don't drink 8 glasses I won't have the soda....
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I find it surpring that I am the only one wondering how you "dink" a Diet Coke?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I was raised to believe that only men should dink women, and vice versa. Since then, I've realized that it doesn't matter who you dink, or what you dink, for that matter. If you want to dink Diet Coke, go for it. To each his own.
    But do you support Diet Coke marriage????
    That, I'm not sure about, but they're free to dink each other all they please.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If it's a bottle, it's pretty easy for guys and gals. If it's a can, though, and you're a guy -- be very careful. You could get cut to ribbons.
  • susie1969
    susie1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    If the people on here who drink diet drinks-eat diet foods can't give up for the health of your bodies, ask yourself : do you enjoy being enslaved to these multi national billion dollar companies who thrive on people like you who defend a product that is overwhelmingly bad for human health? This is not meant to be an attack, so please don't take it that way, just a different respective. And please, for you're own bodies, read up on what aspartame, etc, really does to your body. Also it seems counter pproductive to be trying to get healthy on one hand by losing weight, yet poisoning your body to do it. It is bad bad stuff. Good luck getting off it. And remember, you only get one body, why risk it??
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Who knows someone who died from a Diet Pepsi overdose?
  • Edenman87
    Edenman87 Posts: 8
    Options
    After my son was born I honestly think I became slightly addicted to Diet Coke, by the time I decided to stop drinking it in January I was drinking 10 cans a day, even though it made me so bloated I felt physically sick.

When I stopped drinking it I had blinding headaches for two weeks straight and now just thinking about drinking it makes me feel ill. I know loads of people though who drink it by the bucket full and never seem to get affected by it. I'm definitely staying away from it from now on!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    If the people on here who drink diet drinks-eat diet foods can't give up for the health of your bodies, ask yourself : do you enjoy being enslaved to these multi national billion dollar companies who thrive on people like you who defend a product that is overwhelmingly bad for human health? This is not meant to be an attack, so please don't take it that way, just a different respective. And please, for you're own bodies, read up on what aspartame, etc, really does to your body. Also it seems counter pproductive to be trying to get healthy on one hand by losing weight, yet poisoning your body to do it. It is bad bad stuff. Good luck getting off it. And remember, you only get one body, why risk it??

well, I'm not enslaved to anything. I haven't had diet soda in a week or so, and don't mind it. I haven't had it because I just don't have any more in the fridge. but if I want one? yeah. I'll drink it. how do you feel being enslaves to carrots and lettuce?

oh, and 'overwhelmingly bad for human health?' show me.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

When I stopped drinking it I had blinding headaches for two weeks straight and now just thinking about drinking it makes me feel ill. I know loads of people though who drink it by the bucket full and never seem to get affected by it. I'm definitely staying away from it from now on!

that was caffeine withdrawl. wasn't really the diet drink. would have happened if you were used to having a lot of coffee or tea, too.
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have done better with out...but if your drinking soda/coffee you need to up your water intake. If you do drink it, make sure you drink equal water. caffine dehydrates.
  • susie1969
    susie1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    Nobody said anything about overdosing.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I have done better with out...but if your drinking soda/coffee you need to up your water intake. If you do drink it, make sure you drink equal water. caffine dehydrates.

myth busting time.

the effect is miniscule. the difference in water retention between caffeinated drinks and straight water sits at about 3 to 4 percent. and for those that are used to drinking caffeine, the effect is even less.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yeah i down it like water too
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Haha I was wondering the same thing I don't think I dink anything
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would say drinking Diet Coke is fine...a lot of people frown on dinking Diet Coke though :wink: :laugh:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

I personally LOVE being enslaved to multi-national companies. It's awesome.

Op I told you that the Diet Coke is evil brigade would come out. They repeat the same old lies but can never produce studies proving what they say.

Also people realize that water is a chemical right? Cause I drink that daily too.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Drink gallons of the stuff

I know its not ideal ... but whats the alternative ... eating constantly!!

you just have to weigh up the pro;s and con's

Now ordinary coke is a different matter.....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Eighty-two coke zero saturated lbs lost.

I'm still alive.