How bad is it to dink Diet Coke??

12346»

Replies

• "Epidemiologists from the School of Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio reported data showing that diet soft drink consumption is associated with increased waist circumference in humans, and a second study that found aspartame raised fasting glucose (blood sugar) in diabetes-prone mice."

Absolutely! One of the first lessons in science is the correlation does not necessarily translate into causality. Take a look at the stats on LDL (bad) cholesterol and see what the correlation coefficient is. You'd never spend another $10 for a pill of Lipitor in your life unless you had suffered a heart attack. Beware junk science especially from scientists!
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Stop with the Diet Coke!

Drink coffee!
  • Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Tell you what...... I stopped buying cases of coke zero =(((((((( and I began to lose weight faster . I was stuck in weight and "all of a sudden" I began to drop again with no workout changes. Hmmmm I think it was the coke zero =( But its ok I still drinkl it I just don't buy my cases anymore =)) Try it , see if you notice any changes ! =)
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Very bad. It eats up your insides... Have you ever put a steak in a bowl of coke? That coke will tear it up. GROSS.

The acid in your stomach breaks down steak even faster!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Eighty-two coke zero saturated lbs lost.

I'm still alive.

for now ...

;)
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    I used to drink 12+ cans a day...once I stopped, I lost 10lbs. instantly. I have read that it makes you keep belly fat and that it makes you crave sugar. I went cold turkey and have felt so much better for quitting. I would stop now, if you can!! Good Luck!! ps. not wanting to broadcast my age, but I started with TAB...so I am hardcore!! hahaha!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I used to drink 12+ cans a day...once I stopped, I lost 10lbs. instantly.
    You lost 10 lbs the day you stopped drinking it? Really?
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    I drink diet coke, but only when I feel the need for the caffeine. I usually stick with water just because Diet contains Sodium and I'm trying to limit the Sodium (I've been crazy overboard with the Sodium train) but my mother has drank diet coke for almost her entire life, in mass amounts, and she's been able to lose 80 pounds with it still. That and I've never read about anything being bad about sooooo. Drink up. Cheers! :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    there are about 25 mg of sodium in soda. that's, what, 1 percent of your daily limit? I think you're good on the sodium front if you have a coke.

(that and sodium doesn't really matter for the vast majority of the population when it comes to either health or weight loss.)
  • Aspartame has serious health effects. It is basically like taking low doses of rubbing alcohol.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Aspartame has serious health effects. It is basically like taking low doses of rubbing alcohol.
    Perhaps you should brush up on your research. Even the American Cancer Society has debunked this.

"Aside from the possible effects in people with phenylketonuria, there are no health problems that have been consistently linked to aspartame use." (http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/OtherCarcinogens/AtHome/aspartame)