Would you move for love?

Options

Replies

• ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Life is short, you only live once. You want to move anyway soooooo, where's the issue?
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Go for it...but don't hold it against him IF things don't work out...

but I am sure you guys will be fine
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I moved for a man. We had been together for 4 years before that. Two and a half years later and we're getting married this September.

Rule 1: Be careful.

Rule 2: Don't rush it.

Rule 3: You're an independent, educated young woman. If you can find a great paying job in North Carolina that you won't find anywhere else, do it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Do it. Now is the BEST time for you to do something wild and crazy like that. Do it.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did I move for love? Yep, best decision I've made yet in my 41 years on this earth.

I moved from big city (well, big for me at 200,000+ ppl) to small town living on the farm (the town has 300+ ppl).

Sure I miss the conveniences of city life (shopping, take out & delivery, LOTS of friends), but love the simplicity of farm life (quiet, easy at times, hell at times). He & I have 3 boys, been together 12yrs and don't regret it a single moment.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You have to do what's right for you. In my case I did it and regretted and moved back.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    My GF moved from L.A. to Dallas 20 months ago. We are both happy that she did. You never know what can happen if you don't try.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Usually I avoid these topics, but this one is right up my alley!

I got married, moved to another state 10 days later and then, a year later moved to another country! It was the best thing I could have ever done!

Let me explain in as few words as possible.--> I dated a lot of fools, kissed a lot of frogs. Enter a guy I met in high school--we were just friends. 4 years later, we started going out. 3 years after that, I took the leap and joined him to become a military wife. I know that's not your situation, but if I hadn't done it, I would never have had the great experiences and I would never have learned so much about what the world is like away from my own little corner. It made me a MUCH better person, a more understanding person, a more tolerant and loving person. I don't regret it for a minute--even almost 31 years later!

Do it! You have your education to take anywhere with you. Expand your horizons! NC isn't the end of the Earth. You're still within driving distance of home if you get homesick and want to see family. What have you got to lose? Nothing. And so much to gain! Good luck with your decision!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Go. no doubt.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt do it... My reason:

What is acutal Love these days? We have such a distorted view of love, thanks to Hollywood and the deterioration of society. The message of what love actually is seems lost. Remember its more than a feeling, more than an attraction. Love is an action and there are many facets of it...

It is ultimately your choice and to be honest having a thread like this may give you conflicting thoughts...
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    id say go for it

best thing that happens .... you get an awesome job, a great guy, and new scenery

worst scenario...... you hate it, the relationship doesnt work, and you cant find a job

should the worst happen just move back.

you're independent and young and brave....if nothing else it will be a great learning experience either way.

I admire you for even wanting to try and I hope it works out.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    This isn't helpful, but I just wanted to say that I have Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything for Love" stuck in my head now.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    It would be Charlotte.

I had planned to find my own place before going down as well as a job. I've always been the one to quickly get over a boy and move on, but that's been in my own turf. The thought of being somewhere and only knowing him, without my own friend group is the part that worries me. I'll be out of college and in a new area, so I'm unsure how to approach beginning a friend group apart from his.

Right now I almost kind of relish in the thought of only seeing him once a month so the other 25 days we're able to do our own thing, haha.
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I moved from a small town in TN to be with my then boyfriend in NY. BIG CHANGE. I hate it here, lmfao. But I love him and if you love someone to make some big changes sometimes. We are moving down south together by the end of the year so it will be awesome.

I don't regret it one bit, I love him with my whole heart and while it has been hard and big change.... I've loved being with him every day <3
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I would do it :D

My boyfriend is in Washington and I am in Iowa
    I am moving for him and to get outta here!!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i was 20 when i met my husband online ( tech 19 when we started talking, but 20 when we met in person)

spent all of 2 hours together in person, then the next day he asked me to move in (bought me a bus ticket the same day) i moved from Louisiana to Florida a few days later .. fast forward almost 12 years .. we are happily married
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Moved from Texas to Oregon to be with my guy. We broke up halfway during the selling everything and moving process, but I had faith in our relationship and moved anyway. We've been together a little over three years and we are engaged. A lot of people were negative about the move, but not everyone.

I settled in and made a life for myself, so I would be happy here no matter what happened with us. Even dated another guy for awhile, but it all worked out in the end.

The piece of advice I got that I liked the best was that if i didn't work out, then just consider that I had a nice vacation. I would definitely take a chance for love. =)
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I say write down your PROS and CONS and figure out which ones are most important to you and make sure you have a backup plan when things don't go accordingly.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    It worked for me.

At the beginning of 2011 I started talking to someone I knew from middle school / highschool. Instant connection, couldn't get enough of each other and talked / text every day and spent countless nights doing marathon phone calls. We had a rough patch over the summer but started talking again and in January I flew out to spend NYE with him in Atlanta and then he flew out to NH to see me in February and then in March I moved down to Georgia for good.

Life is good - we are both very happy and it was without a doubt the happiest I've ever been and don't regret it for a second.

You don't have anything tying you down - later in life you may not have the opportunity or the means and worse come to worse (fingers crossed it won't come to that) and things don't work out - you got a great adventure / life experience out of it and got to see another part of the country.

GO FOR IT!! :heart:
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I moved from the midwest to california for love and it's been about 7 years and I do not regret it one bit. DO IT!