Plus size woman clothes

Options

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I don't know how big of a chain it is, but there's a store in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) called Gabriels. You have to hunt, but I bought a LB top and capris for like $17 there last night :)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know how big of a chain it is, but there's a store in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) called Gabriels. You have to hunt, but I bought a LB top and capris for like $17 there last night :)

I'm in Pittsburgh and I love Gabs!!!
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OMG! THANK YOU!!!! AND YES, I AM YELLING! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • aprilgrl27
    Options
    I meant for the Forever 21 info!!! lol
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    womanwithin.com - their normal priced clothes aren't so cheap, but the clearance is usually pretty good. I also have been sticking with a lot of dresses - they last longer than pants.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Target has some great stuff and they are always doing clearance! i got a really cute shirt over easter weekend for 4.80 SCORE! :)
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to shop at Cato and at Dress Barn. Both stores rock with cheap prices! just my thoughts
  • abberbabber
    Options

I'm in Pittsburgh and I love Gabs!!!

lol Aren't they great??
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Target has some great stuff and they are always doing clearance! i got a really cute shirt over easter weekend for 4.80 SCORE! :)

I have seen some nice plus sized stuff at Target :)
  • andreachirillo
    andreachirillo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Whaaaaat?? I didn't know forever21 had a plus size section! Heaven.

WAAAATTTTT!!!! I didn't either!!!! holy moly!!!

I know what you mean about Torrid and LB...they need to come down on their prices...all the good sales are in the middle of the week, during the day and don't last long. I learned that one day on my day off and had some $$$$ to play with and totally scored! :D DOTS is also another store but the sizes can be funny. They run a lil smaller i think. :/
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    there's a clothing exchange group on this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3431-mfp-clothing-exchange

it's not crazy active YET but that's because it's still pretty new and the word hasn't gotten out. But the way it works is that you post clothes you want to give away, people contact you, you ship them to them and they pay your for shipping (or a small fee if you insist on charging for the clothes, but that's discouraged as it's an 'exchange')

ALSO if you're in there and see something you want, you just contact the person who posted it and arrange things with them! So that's also an idea :)
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hate spending money unnecessarily - I know i am moving through sizes - I shop goodwill and salvation army - then i donate the clothes right back when I am done. I have met my needs and i can take it off my taxes when i donate them back!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options

Before I clicked on the link I laughed and said Forever21 doesn't carry plus size! Wtf! Now that I clicked the link, I want to hug you!

I could definitely use a hug today haha...and yeah there are several Forever21's where I live (there's a two story one in Fashion Valley Mall!!) and I've seen the plus size section...everything is so cute just like all the other clothes and accessories :)
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I would check out ebay...:)....there is also a group on facebook.... i think it's called FatToo .... that sells plus size second hand stuff :) Every now and then I have found stuff at good will... savers...those types of places....
  • christinedean14
    Options
    I Love Cato! They mark their clearance stuff down really well!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    also remember that it's ok to "pre-buy". go to the clearance racks, if you see something that you ADORE, that's a size or four too small for NOW, but that is so your style and is super cheap, get it now and closet shop it later. it will save you a TON in the long run.

clearance racks in every store, i walk back to them first, i see no point in buying even a $40 top when i'm only going to wear it a few months on the outside. belts and tailors. get as much use as you can out of one peice. accessories! shoes, jewlery, scarves, bling - you can wear five outfits but make it look like fifteen by mix and match and accessories.

make sure to buy everything in your season, not only will you look better, you can mix and match and never clash - that gets more outfits out of fewer peices. also, a single base color helps with this - black for cool skin tones, brown for warms - you can get more use out of a base color with a few sizzle peices.

DEFINATALLY do the pre-buy on clearance/thrift stores! I have been doing that this entire time i've been losing...and still a few pieces in my * future sizes* drawyer...but MOST of them I have been able to fit now or are even too big! It's like Christmas! ;) And you feel SOOOOO awesome when something that you once could not squeeze on fits great! :)
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Buying mine at Ross...
  • aprilgrl27
    Options

Why do some plus-size stores, including Lane Bryant, think if your fat... you must be tall or have a HUGE bust?!

There is a lot of variation in women's body shapes. Some women carry their extra weight in their belly, or their bust or their hips or their thighs. And we all know women' clothing doesn't give you any indication which body shape it is for.

For example, I am one of those "well-endowed" women and I have a short waist. And even at my heaviest, I almost could never get a plus sized shirt that fit. Seriously maybe 5%. They were too small in the bust, way too long, and too loose in the waist. I just gave up, and never wore button downs. I have owned about 5 or 7 button down shirts in my adult life, and up top I have been 16-18 the entire time. I ended up just going to the "regular stores" and around 90% of my tops are from Gap, Old Navy, Target, Kohl's and H&M.

I totally feel you on this....Not only am I 5 ft 2 in (so pants almost never fit) but then I am a DDD so shirts almost never fit. And I hate when you have those cute shirts or dresses with the cut out area that you are supposed to fit in...like, INSERT BOOBS HERE. Heeeelllo.....not these!