pseudo science and weight loss BS

Options
14567810»

Replies

• selfishshellfish
    Options
    Anything about the miraculous effects of water. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for proper hydration. But we won't seriously endanger our heath by having yellow wee once in a while.

And:

1) If you're hungry drink some water first, because we often mistake hunger for thirst (really? they're two very different and distinct sensations for me).

2) When you're hungry, water fills you up (not for me; it gives me fluid bloat - til I pee it out 5 minutes later - and nausea if I drink a lot of it on an empty stomach).
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    "GMO is bad for you" :laugh:

I have asked people 'why' a few times, and nobody has ever replied... funny that!

Because it sounds all scary and sciency? And like, science is bad, and stuff.

Yes. And germs are from Germany.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend that thinks if he buys the most expensive protein shakes and power bars, he can build muscle without lifting heavy. He's a 6' 2" 145 lb mountain of muscle. Don't dare tell him he might be wrong though. He made his boyfriend some grilled beets for dinner recently and he puked it all up. His words were, 'it must have been too healthy for him'. I couldn't help myself and busted out laughing. Man, I don't care how healthy beets are, they're still nasty.
    Grilled Beets??? WRONG! lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "GMO is bad for you" :laugh:

I have asked people 'why' a few times, and nobody has ever replied... funny that!

because it hasn't been around long enough for anyone to actually know if it will have negative effects on the body or not.
    Humans have been genetically modifying food for thousands of years. The only thing that's changed is the technology.
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait....I came across this today on someone's "health and fitness" Pinterest board: http://www.amazon.com/Celluless-MD/dp/B004Q7BA3E

The description reads:" Celluless MD is just what the doctor ordered! Declare victory in your battle against cellulite! This new, improved portable vacuum therapy system combines gentle suction and efficient massage rollers to melt away fat and reduce sizes while helping you look and feel your best.

Melts away fat?! :noway:

I then pinned it to my "humor" board.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait....I came across this today on someone's "health and fitness" Pinterest board: http://www.amazon.com/Celluless-MD/dp/B004Q7BA3E

The description reads:" Celluless MD is just what the doctor ordered! Declare victory in your battle against cellulite! This new, improved portable vacuum therapy system combines gentle suction and efficient massage rollers to melt away fat and reduce sizes while helping you look and feel your best.

Melts away fat?! :noway:

I then pinned it to my "humor" board.

My grandmother used to take really hot baths thinking she could 'melt' the fat that caused her cellulite. If only this was available then!!
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hot baths to "melt" cellulite?! If only!

Speaking of cellulite, people always say that it's permanent and you can't get rid of it. Not true! If you lose fat, that includes cellulite!
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Call now and you too can lose XX amount of weight in 30 or less days*!!! Just buy this magic pill/shake/exercise machine,etc..., and kiss your old self goodbye!!

Ahhh the Asterisk, the lovely lil asterisk...

Print so small you need a high powered microscope to read it... Its says results NOT typical, and get ready for it... FOLLOW A SENSIBLE DIET AND EXERCISE PROGRAM.... Thank god for photoshop too.... :huh:

The diet industry = All about preying on people...
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Aspartame is a huge conspiracy in which the FDA were paid off to turn a blind eye to the fact that it gives you cancer and causes you to gain weight.

Is Aspartame OK then as I tend to avoid anything with it inside :wink:

((I'm still reading page 1 so it may have been answered on other pages))
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Dihydrogen monoxide...

Hydrogen hydroxide, actually.

lol
  • SewingLynx
    SewingLynx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The most tricky thing that I learned was that all of the fitness girls on the front covers of magazines only look that good about 3 months out of the year because they diet and train for it like 10 to 12 weeks in advance. ;o)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My sister once bought this system where yiu put jell on then strap these wired pads and it shocks you muscle into contracting suppost to muild muscle:ohwell:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My sister once bought this system where yiu put jell on then strap these wired pads and it shocks you muscle into contracting suppost to muild muscle:ohwell:

TENS. Has it's place, but isn't really designed for muscle growth. :P
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Humans have been genetically modifying food for thousands of years. The only thing that's changed is the technology.

Yep.