• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    the words tone and sculpt come to mind
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    "GMO is bad for you" :laugh:

I have asked people 'why' a few times, and nobody has ever replied... funny that!

because it hasn't been around long enough for anyone to actually know if it will have negative effects on the body or not.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Shakeweight!!!!!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The blood type diet and bodywraps have to be my two most common facepalms.

Oh god I know, a friend of mine was going off about a body wrap. She lost a bunch of inches and some pounds. I told her all the weight would all come back and even sent her a bunch of links to studies on this. She claimed that as long as she kept eating healthy and maintained exercise that she wouldnt gain any of the weight back. Oh well, glad it was her money wasted and not mine.
  • sissy0107
    sissy0107 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The worst BS I heard : (well not really BS but the explanation behind it is hilarious) :

When in China, a girl assured to me that : the less the animals has legs, the healthier its meat is Oo.

Ergo : Fish has no legs -> Super healthy
    Chicken has two legs -> Healthy enough
    Pork, Sheep and other 4 legged meat -> Evil

Well, in a way, it's true, fish is supposed to be healthier, but when I told her it was probably just a way for girls to remember (I always had a hard time knowing what meat are healthy and what meet are (once again supposed to be) less healthy) she assured me that the number of leg was the reason why it was healthy :o.
    I can't eat fish without thinking about that now.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The worst BS I heard : (well not really BS but the explanation behind it is hilarious) :

When in China, a girl assured to me that : the less the animals has legs, the healthier its meat is Oo.

Well, in a way, it's true, fish is supposed to be healthier, but when I told her it was probably just a way for girls to remember (I always had a hard time knowing what meat are healthy and what meet are (once again supposed to be) less healthy) she assured me that the number of leg was the reason why it was healthy :o.
    So do the 8 appendages on an octopus count as 8 legs or 0?

Worst food on the planet: Centipedes LOL
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    "Oh you want to lose fat? CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO"
    "Oh you want to gain muscle? LIFT LIFT LIFT"

and this is wrong? I am honestly wanting to know...

I will say I do mostly cardio (running) and my legs have gotten quite toned and muscular, not the bulging type the lean look.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

So do the 8 appendages on an octopus count as 8 legs or 0?

Worst food on the planet: Centipedes LOL

False. Millipedes can have up to 750 legs.

Damn broscience.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    heard "drinking ice cold water while eating dark chocolate freaks out your metabolism and the chocolate doesnt count"
    believed "cardio will fix you"
    read "_______________ ... HCG .... _________________"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Lifting like a man makes you look like a dude with man-arms.

<-- been lifting for 8 months. No manliness yet.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options

You must drink protein immediately after your workout or your muscles will fall off.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It might feel like that if you worked really hard but that is impossible on so many levels I can't even wrap my mind around it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

There is no explanation for this one except that men are spreading these rumors to free up their squat racks. Has to be.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    There is no explanation for this one except that men are spreading these rumors to free up their squat racks. Has to be.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

you do, however, make the duck face with the best of them ;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

you do, however, make the duck face with the best of them ;)

LOL yeah! It was meant to be silly. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

I dunno. Most of the men I know encourage women to lift, and the guys in my gym have been super supportive and helpful. The women there, sadly, not so much.
  • quantumpion
    Options
    Awesome clip of Richard Feynman on nutrition and knowledge: http://youtu.be/VPunpjeFaiQ
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Awesome clip of Richard Feynman on nutrition and knowledge: http://youtu.be/VPunpjeFaiQ

Feynman is awesome.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I always thought growing organic was about not soaking your food in pesticides rather than what fertilizer you use.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I always thought growing organic was about not soaking your food in pesticides rather than what fertilizer you use.

It's not a defined term, which is part of the problem; some experts say that food producers are using it to charge higher prices without justification. But the term "organic" can cover the type of fertilizer used.