Whole, 2%, or skim milk?

Options

Replies

• MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Silk Unsweet Vanilla almond milk is what I drink :) or just plain if Im using it to mix into things.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have always liked skim. Whole milk is disgusting, too thick. Hated it when growing up because that's all we had...blahhhhh
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink enough to have a preference. DH drinks skim and the baby drinks whole, so whoever has more is the one I drink.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    2% White Milk I just prefer the taste and texture
    1% Chocolate Milk as an after workout recovery.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk! Now that I've discovered it...I'll neve go back.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what your macros call for that day. skim milk is a great post-workout feed if you want carbs and protein after a workout. higher fat milk is good for rest days when you don't need so many carbs.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    I can drink anything but whole. It is extremely nasty tasting to me; the thickness of it is so gross. I have been drinking skim for a couple weeks, I like that best.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Semi skimmed for calories. Find skimmed too watery! X
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I buy skim for my daughter and I who are trying to lose weight and my husband only drinks 2%.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had anything other than skim. My older sister gets sick off whole/2% so we've only had skim in our house.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    none. milk with mucus, antibiotics, growth hormones + the lactose intolerance. If you do drink it get organic. I will keep drinking my almond milk.
  • momofthemonsters
    Options
    In our house we drink 1%. I dont know if it is any better than any other but we like it!
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Losingweightforgood2019 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When I buy milk for my kids I always get skim milk. They do not like whole milk says it is too thick same with 2 percent. I myself only drink soy milk because of Lactose intolerance.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I always hear people argue which is the better. People say you get more nutrients from one but more fat then you get less fat but more nutrients then would that make 2% you go to? I have always tried to save the fat and go with skim. Give me your thoughts....

Whole milk, raw straight from the farm.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I used to drink skim milk, but now it just tastes like water. now I drink 1% or 2% (1% isn't always available.)

DEFINITELY go local dairy. There is a huge taste difference!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Instead of skim milk, i can drink water. It pretty much tastes the same. Milk has to taste like Milk, so at least 2 %.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Personal preference is whole milk right from the dairy farm, but since that is not a practical option for me, and due to DH's hereditary cholesterol issues, we drink 1% Cannot stand skim, might as well drink more water. LoL
  • Horseyrider
    Horseyrider Posts: 22
    Options
    I always hear people argue which is the better. People say you get more nutrients from one but more fat then you get less fat but more nutrients then would that make 2% you go to? I have always tried to save the fat and go with skim. Give me your thoughts....

Whole milk, raw straight from the farm.

Me too! :-)
  • squirrelly87
    Options
    The bit about the sugar is wrong, at least as far as I know. I have not found whole or skim milk to have differing amounts of carbohydrates. The bit about adding the fat back in to 1 and 2% milks is true though, and it's not good for you.

Whole milk is best, skim milk takes second place. Take your pick.
  • feliz1
    feliz1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't have milk very often. I only use it when I eat cereal and that may be once or twice a month so I use whole milk. I eat yogurt and take vitamins for calcium supplements. Milk all the way around taste weird to me.