Whole, 2%, or skim milk?

Options
123457»

Replies

• nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Skim milk they just take the fat out and replace it with sugar. No thanks!

Well they may do where you live but they don't in UK!

I prefer skimmed milk (0%) in tea, but whole milk in coffee!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    we drink 1% I grew up on 2%.. and drank whole for a while (had a 1 year old at the time and found it silly to have 2 different types of milk for the 2 of us) and have gotten down to 1%.. skim milk tastes NASTY to me. My child nutrition program for daycare says 1% or less for everyone ever 3 yrs old because it has the most nutrients for the amount of fat
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    This has made me think back to when my Nan used to get her milk from the milkman and would always save me the layer of cream from the top of the silver-top bottle, she'd always pour it in to a little pink china cup and I would then have on my weetabix when I woke up.

Ahhh...fond memories :-)
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    We keep 1% in the house for the kids to drink, and to cook with.

I user Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond and Coconut milk for my protein shakes and cereal. It's only 45 calories a cup, and more calcium than the milk. I stay away from the soy due the various research I've seen about it affect on men trying to build muscle mass.

My wife uses Silk Vanilla Soy milk, as she is lactose intolerant.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I drink cow's milk, which isn't often, I drink skim partly because there is evidence that dairy fat is not healthy and mostly because I don't really care for milk in general, but I can't stand the creamy texture of 2% or whole.

I mostly drink soy milk and sometimes almond milk because I think they taste better and I'm not really convinced that cow's milk is good for me in any form.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1% for us. 2% is too heavy and skim is too watery. Actually, this farmers daughter loves it raw but that has wayyyyy to much fat.