Ladies - If a doc said this to you...

Options

Replies

• redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Another oldie but goodie we can all relate to!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist late in the week.

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22324/41669-washcloth#ixzz1uTxBgwiv
    :laugh:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If it were my doctor, I'd laugh and joke with him. Then again, I've been with my doctor for many years & I've got a great repoire with him. In fact, I have a girl friend who goes to him too & she tells him she tidies up for him. :laugh: I would say, however, it depends on the doctor. If you get a creepy & uncomfortable feeling, then leave. There are plenty of doctors, male and female, to choose from.

I have to agree. My OB/GYN jokes with me all the time and it's nothing sexual. I've been going since I was 16. I went for what I thought was a consult, he decided I needed an exam. So we argued a bit about it until I agreed, then he turned to his nurse and said "she's always hard to get out of her pants, but pretty co-operative once you get them off". Now he knows me and knows I would think this is funny, I doubt he would say something like that in front of most of his patients. He's a real person, with a real sense of humor and that is why I love him and would never switch.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    ...and when I was pregnant with my second I went to the ER and had a med student working on my case. He had just gotten into the residency I guess and hadn't seen a whole lot of people. He tried to find my cervix and couldn't so a doctor found it and then told him where it was. The student asked if he could try again to find it and I said sure. Hey, it's for education. I had no inkling in my mind that he was trying to get frisky. He doesn't have a cervix, he has to practice on real women and I wasn't gonna shut him down!
  • elynnuh
    elynnuh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My GYN said, "Wow, you're really starting to fill out there, aren't you?" Talking about my breasts. I had recently become pregnant and it was my first exam. I felt a tad embarrassed, but it was the truth!
  • keb03053
    keb03053 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is not true and incredibly insulting to the male gynos. My gyno is a male, not creepy in the least and is the best doctor I've ever had.
  • tunegrita83
    tunegrita83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

OMG! thisis hilarious!
    I hope you submitted this to like a Parent magazine
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    I'd probably giggle which would lead to a chuckle which would result in inadvertent farts and queefs in the Dr's face.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'd laugh it off...and give him something back that was embarrassing to him... Every year I give mine the same joke...."why did the "hor~mone...cause she didn't get paid":laugh: After all these years ya'd think he'd finally get it~:wink:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'd probably giggle which would lead to a chuckle which would result in inadvertent farts and queefs in the Dr's face.
    Is it bad that that kind of excited me?
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I had a GYN say to me -

"Okay, lets take a look at it ( goes in ) Or, whats left of it"

lol

OMG! I am cracking up! That's too funny!
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yep the glitter story was a good one. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    This is not true and incredibly insulting to the male gynos. My gyno is a male, not creepy in the least and is the best doctor I've ever had.

One of the best midwives I ever had was male too.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    He sees vaginas all day...so if mine rendered him speachless, I'd consider it a compliment because mine is beautiful! =)
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eh, unless he said it reallllly creepily or was obviously trying to be flirty, I'd just let it go. Doctors work long days and see a lot of patients, I think its totally acceptable to blank out for a moment in that situation.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options

OMG I cant stop laughing
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options

I SO needed this laugh today!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options

That was funny! Sounds like something my little girl would do!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I had an awkward experience with a doctor a couple months ago. Still cringe about it.

It was at a Doc in the box because I'm cheap and it was for cleaning ears. You would think NOTHING dirty would come out of that but this doctor managed to make a comment.

The nurse kept spilling water on my neck which would of course go down my shirt. And the doctor for SOME REASON had to make the comment, "Soggy boobies?"

It was SOOOOOOOOO weird. I'm not sure how to take it. but I kinda laughed it off.

This is hilarious and TERRIBLE. Hilarious because it's so terrible?! ;x
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

One of the best midwives I ever had was male too.
    Wouldn't that make him a midhusband?
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This is why I go to a female!