Ladies - If a doc said this to you...

Options
123457»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    This is why I go to a female!

Me, too. It is not a foregone conclusion that the doctor in question was being a creep-- it's probably more likely that it was just a poorly timed "brain fart".

But I have a thing about a man I don't make out with checking out my hoo-ha. That's just me! My first gyno was an older Indian lady and throughout the whole actual exam she would say, "Am I keel-een you? Am I keel-een you?" I just loved her!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think we all need to remember that while its an awkward/vulnerable position for us at this exam...you are generally just a small part of another workday for the doctor. I don't know about the rest of you, but I lose my train of thought about 100 times a day at work....

As long as it wasn't said in any creepy way, its highly unlikely that his comment actually had anything to do with the patient's little shaved friend.

I do think its hilarious that some people seem to think just because a doctor is male, he must be planning to molest you in some way but they don't find it equally awkward to have another woman putting her face up in there (or suspects their gynocologist might be a lesbian).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My first gyno was an older Indian lady and throughout the whole actual exam she would say, "Am I keel-een you? Am I keel-een you?" I just loved her!
    Was she offering to clean you? I would have stormed out of there and reported her! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :embarassed:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people who are saying "Well she should be flattered!" Hell no she shouldn't. If she(or you!) wants to laugh it off, that's her right. But I would immediately ended the appointment, found a new GYN, and reported him to my insurance for what I feel is inappropriate behavior. Then again, I absolutely refuse to have any male doctors.

Ummm...I don't really understand your statement. His loss of thought could of been from a number of things...it doesn't necessariliy mean that he was distracted by her pheonominal PuCat. I think you're being a bit harsh...I mean seriously...are you the lady at work that is filing sexual harrasment charges because some guy compliments your shirt???? He didn't sexually assault her in any way! We've all done things at work at one point or another that was embarrassing...in fact...once I walked all the way down the hallway with my skirt tucked into my panties...but I wasn't sexually assaulting anyone and that's waaaay more inappropriate than a doctor losing his train of thought.

I agree seems a bit harsh. We have all lost our train of thought when in the middle of work, this is his job he does it all day long. You have no idea what was on his mind. He could have had a rough morning or going through personal things that have nothing to do with the appointment
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Another oldie but goodie we can all relate to!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist late in the week.

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

oh crap!! I actually just cracked up in the office reading this!!

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22324/41669-washcloth#ixzz1uTxBgwiv
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!! Can u imagine all the thoughts going on in his head trying to figure out why u had a bedazzled vagee lol!!! So great!!

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I would probably laugh so hard I farted and thus make it that much worse :embarassed:
  • PHOTOMOM75
    PHOTOMOM75 Posts: 11
    Options
    I work for an OBGYN, and have never heard of this happening here, I would just laugh it off, unless the guy was a total creeper for the whole visit, then I would see a different doctor ;)
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Queef in his face.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Whoah, unprofessional.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

OMG! LMBO!
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty casual about getting my plumbing checked. So much so I let the interns do it if they have one shadowing them that day. Had to learn my lesson the hard way on that one.

So the young guy sits down and begins the procedure. Unfortunately he was a little too eager with the speculum and I jumped. My doctor quickly told him. "Now, be a little more careful, she's not had children."

I giggled a little and settled down. Just then the intern says, "So this is what it looks like when everything is where it is supposed to be."

I am so glad that my ahem affairs are all in order. :laugh:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    when I was preggo and starting to show I was at the OB and he was doing his OB thing down there he asked "so, have you started gooping yet?" Since this was my first pregnancy, and judging from "where" he was I assumed this meant some sort of discharge I was unaware of. I said "No" and he said "well, you really need to be lotioning up your belly daily to help prevent stretch marks." I stammered "oh that, yes, I am doing that. Thats totally NOT what I thought you meant." He looked puzzled for a second and then turned bright red and apologized for his poor wording....by this time I was laughing hysterically.
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    Back when I had much bigger boobs (38GG) my doctor was listening to my breathing with a stethescope (sp?) I commented that I was worried that the really bad cold had 'gone to my chest'. The doctor said 'well lets face it, if it gets there you will never get rid of it' then went bright red, apologised and dropped his stethescope. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Chris52080
    Chris52080 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it was vadazzled!! lol I know shiny, sparkly things get me distracted and make me lose my train of thought.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    haha my husband would so make me switch doctors, I go to a dentist that likes to flirt a lot, he's an older gentleman and he'll just flirt all day , it's really funny, but I would never let him "put me under" for any procedures hahaha
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    I would laugh it off I did before when I was given a pap by my old doctor. He didn't really say anything just told me to be careful with the razer, you could easily cut yourself. I was thinking O.k. and then we moved on. On the other hands Doc's need to think b4 they speak they are ppl after all and what they say its really looked at by ppl.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I'd laugh it off. Doctors are human, and they get distracted just like the rest of us. Who really knows the reason for his distraction. I am pretty easy going, and hard to embarass, so I always tend to get the med students too. I have listened to my Doc explain to the med student that I have a "pretty, pink cervix," and more.

My OB/GYN is a human, and that is why I LOVE him. Last time, he was actually telling me about his nasty divorce, so I would have MUCH rathered the other scenarios, lol!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Dear God! This is amazing!!!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I graduated from high school with my gynocologist. We have some interesting conversations while he's...down there.

I have no shame. :noway:

I think THIS ONE is the most awesome thing on this thread...(the poor guy in a cold room is a close second) :drinker: