Zombie Apocolypse - What do you grab?

Options

Replies

• mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Everyone always brings a gun...but people...unless your name is Hershel you are going to run out of ammo. Then what?!?! I think I'd just bring an axe or a bow.

And maybe Daryl :)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Baby Oil

Apparently you know a secret about zombies and baby oil that I dont know...care to enlighten the rest of us?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Crossbow people the zombies hear the shots they will ALL start running to you DUH!!!

^This. Have you people learned nothing from "The Walking Dead"!?!

Crossbows are too slow to fire. Only works if you're in a rural area and not urban where you can be surrounded or chased, and they take a lot of upper body strength to load. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find crossbow arrows at any local pit-stops you make going through towns if you happen to break or lose them.

If you're going that route, your better off with a combination bow and traditional arrows. Easier replacement parts to come by, lighter, and easier to fire.

If your choice of weapons is in the archery field, I would steer clear of the crossbow also. Heavy, slow to load, not accurate a longer yardage. I would stick to the traditional stick and string as arrows can always be made or a compound would definately be a lot quieter and faster.

Yup. Compound bow would be ideal, but a recurve or long bow would work nicely too. They are easier to repair that combi's also.

We could form a hunger games alliance between the 2 of us!

Compounds would give a lot more distance over the tradtional but then again...you could run out of arrows.

LOL Katniss has nothing on me. I've not shot a bow in a long time, but I grew up hunting with combination bows and long-range rifles. :smile:

For zombies though, if they're far away, you're better off avoiding being detected than trying to take them out at range. I wouldn't think you'd need much range, just enough to kill your food and protect yourself should get surprised. Recurves are easier and faster to load than combi's also.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Well, it's slippery. Maybe they won't catch me. If they do, I will cover myself in it, at least I'll feel sexy while dying. :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Baby Oil

Hellllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NURSE!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd grab a slower person of course. BAIT. Sorry Otis.
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm worried that so many of you have clearly thought about this.

Not an expert in this field, but Zombies always seem to keep going even when you shoot them. So I'd be thinking flame thrower, combine harvester (is that what they call them in the States?) the safe side of some massive minefield, Any one got a tank?
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would bring "The Crovel" http://www.crovelfoldingshovel.com/
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Daryl Dixon.

Yeah, I said it.

I was thinking it! :tongue:

Hahaha yes! I'd definitely want to stick with him in a zombie apocalypse.
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Screw it, I'd just bring Shane and let him do his badass zombie killing rampage thing. So what if he's crazy?
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Machete & my pre-packed bag of supplies I knew this would happen
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm worried that so many of you have clearly thought about this.

Not an expert in this field, but Zombies always seem to keep going even when you shoot them. So I'd be thinking flame thrower, combine harvester (is that what they call them in the States?) the safe side of some massive minefield, Any one got a tank?

You HAVE TO prepare! When it happens, you gotta be ready :)

And if Zombieland has taught us anything, it needs to be that cardio is the most important thing, followed by a double-tap to the head. Though Shawn of the Dead style umbrella pole through the stomach keeps the zombies down too
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My bulletproof vest to protect myself from all you guys with guns.

My husband and kids already have a zombie apocolypse plan of action so i guess I'd just grab my antacid tablets if they're going to be doing the cooking :)
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My Zombie Apocolypse emergency kit. Food, water, guns and ammo.

^^^ This! Duh!!! :tongue:

No joke! ;) Everyone's gotta have one!
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My AR-15 and 5 30 rnd magazines along with two sidearms!

THAT AND PEANUT BUTTER!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Crossbow people the zombies hear the shots they will ALL start running to you DUH!!!

Crossbows are too slow to fire. Only works if you're in a rural area and not urban where you can be surrounded or chased, and they take a lot of upper body strength to load. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find crossbow arrows at any local pit-stops you make going through towns if you happen to break or lose them.

If you're going that route, your better off with a combination bow and traditional arrows. Easier replacement parts to come by, lighter, and easier to fire.

If your choice of weapons is in the archery field, I would steer clear of the crossbow also. Heavy, slow to load, not accurate a longer yardage. I would stick to the traditional stick and string as arrows can always be made or a compound would definately be a lot quieter and faster.

Yup. Compound bow would be ideal, but a recurve or long bow would work nicely too. They are easier to repair that combi's also.

Compounds would give a lot more distance over the tradtional but then again...you could run out of arrows.

LOL Katniss has nothing on me. I've not shot a bow in a long time, but I grew up hunting with combination bows and long-range rifles. :smile:

For zombies though, if they're far away, you're better off avoiding being detected than trying to take them out at range. I wouldn't think you'd need much range, just enough to kill your food and protect yourself should get surprised. Recurves are easier and faster to load than combi's also.

Yeah I am right there with you. I do this for a living...and I love it. I would much rather have a bow in my hands than pretty much anything. I would love to fling a few arrows at about 50 yrds at them with my compound though. So much more dramatic. LOL
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'd just follow this guy around. He seems to be surviving the zombie apocalypse pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JrAC9lejszc
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    trail mix for serious, the kind that has dried fruit in it too
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Yeah I am right there with you. I do this for a living...and I love it. I would much rather have a bow in my hands than pretty much anything. I would love to fling a few arrows at about 50 yrds at them with my compound though. So much more dramatic. LOL

Problem with archery equipment:
    cumbersome - will always restrict one of your hands
    limited ammo, and must recover ammo and pray your arrows weren't bent or destroyed
    bulky, hard to negotiate through small openings in a hurry (bushes, windows, etc)
    worthless if you end up on the ground
    worthless in close-quarters
    worthless if one arm/ hand is injured
    requires lots of practice... must be extremely proficient to hit a moving object the size of a cantaloup at any distance.
    not good for rapid firing
    difficult to use under duress
    sized to fit the shooter, which means others in your group may not be able to use it if you're incapacitated
    must always have a clear lane of shooting
    extremely difficult to use at night or from a vehicle
    not easy to run with one

As you can tell, I've considered this already. :smile:
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    i'd grab my dog - can always end up cooking him if need be.