Weigh less after pooping?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing!!!

oops... didn't quote. I thought the South Park pic on the first page was hilarious!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    " researchers at Vanderbilt University found adults burn an average of 1.3 calories per minute (laughing)"

I think MFP needs to add this as a cardio excercise.

Activity: Reading the poop thread.
    Minutes: 20
    Calories: 26
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I weigh myself before and after pooping, because I am really curious to see how much I lost. Like, this morning, weighed self, peed, weighed self for my actual weigh in ... 0.6lbs less.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Last night I peed and I lost 1.6lbs.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.
    I poop like clock work every morning when I wake up, and I always weigh less. So either it's normal, or I'm weird.
    I'm sure that if I only pooped once a week, it would probably weigh as much as a small child.
    Try eating more fiber and drinking more water, and maybe you'll be able to experience the benefits of bowel evacuation more frequently!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Average weight of a stool is 300g.

Unless you did a massive turd (5 x normal size) then I reckon something else is going on. Perhaps your scales are giving you erroneous readings, or there's another explanation.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

How is an eight of an oz. equal half a pound?

are you guys having a "who's stupider" contest? if so, you both win.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So.... Two seperate posts I read recenttly. One by a PhD posting interesting information re: scale fluctuations and how to statistically measure your weigh ins... 2 reply's.

Then, THIS... 14 pages!!!!!!

What is wrong with you.... um....errrr.... we people????? :laugh:

BTW, I peed out a full pound before, but haven't managed over about a 1/2 lb. for poo. At least now I have something to shoot for!!! :smile:
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

How is an eight of an oz. equal half a pound?

are you guys having a "who's stupider" contest? if so, you both win.

lmfao!!!!
  • martinescoto
    Options
    That = 2 Courics!