Weigh less after pooping?

Options

Replies

• ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Okay. Although this does smell (pun intended) like a bait thread, I'll bite. Put me in the corner with those recommending more fruits, veggies, water and a different doctor. FWIW, if I don't eat fruits, the gates only open every three days. With fruits, especially raisins, it's a daily half pound encounter. Good luck! Ciao, Marc
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is unbelievable. :laugh:
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    yah just once a week....not sure why, I had a colonoscopy and use fiber supplements, maybe just nerves? But I usually average once a week!

That is insane! I've never heard of someone pooping once a week. Not like I talk about it with my friends or anything, but that's just crazy! Does your doctor think that's normal? I always thought normal was pooping at least once a day. Your poor colon! I do weigh myself after my morning poo, but really 3lbs? lol I'm fascinated with this conversation....

I once had a similar problem I go about every other day so I asked my doc is this was normal and she said anything from 3 times a day to 3 times a week is normal, so I'd definitely get this checked out.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    this thread is hysterical!
  • jypsyjulia
    jypsyjulia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

Actually, that's about accurate. After urinating, a person tends to lose 1 lb and after defecating, they tend to lose 2-4lbs. Weird how much things weigh in our intestines, right!?
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If you go only once a week, that turd better weigh ten pounds.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My friend's dad is a (now retired) gastroenterologist. his personalized plate was "go lightly" (however it was he spelled it)
    :laugh:
    This is also my favorite topic of the day. along w/ the weightloss BS topic
    well the first time i went 10 days without pooping and ended up in the hospital, they did x-rays and a CATSCAN and couldn't even give me and enema because I was so backed up........... so I had to drink 2 gallons of this nasty laxative and **** for hours :( ever since then I haven't pooped normally and the doctor says he has no idea what it could be, just that my colon isn't functioning correctly

OMG -- I bet that 2 gallon laxative was "GoLytely", right? My dad had to take that and it was a nightmare for him (he almost went to the emergency room because of that stuff). However, it turned out to be a major part of the cure for his chronic constipation. His doctor prescribed one round of GoLytely followed up by a daily dose of Miralax and Metamucil.

He's been doing his "M&M" regimen for over a year and has been perfectly regular since (for the first time in over 30 years).

He has also decided to name his next boat, GoLytely :-)

LOL on the "Go Lytely" boat! I am an NP (In a hospital) and I saw a patient who had a colonoscopy the day before.....he told me "when they came in with that HUGE bottle of stuff to drink I thought I was getting punked! I kept looking around for the cameras, like are you serious??"

Old people are funny! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I would be curious to know what your daily diet consists of? How many calories you consume each day?

well i eat about the same thing everyday

for breakfast i have a frozen breakfast biscuit thing with bacon egg and cheese and vitamin water with miralax and benefiber in it

lunch: turkey sandwich and some chips and maybe half of a can of pop

dinner: today all i had was a piece of bread but usually chicken and rice or spaghetti---you know, real dinner lol

thats about it
    I gotta say: If I ate this?I wouldn't poop either. Fruits, vegetables, WHOLE GRAINS!

PS: I'd be careful with "Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula #1" Looks like several stimulant laxatives in one "formula".
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This thread is great!
  • qkarpunin
    qkarpunin Posts: 4
    Options
    I was like you the once a week pooper but I take some awesome fiber pills now and also this tea called DIETAFIT FAST MAX DETOX I got it from the Russian store in Auburn, WA but Im sure you can find it at a health store also try WU-YIN CLEANSING TEA :) GOOD LUCK WITH THE POOPS!:laugh:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

holy crap. death by dukey.

Dear God I'm dying... *tears*
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was like you the once a week pooper but I take some awesome fiber pills now and also this tea called DIETAFIT FAST MAX DETOX I got it from the Russian store in Auburn, WA but Im sure you can find it at a health store also try WU-YIN CLEANSING TEA :) GOOD LUCK WITH THE POOPS!:laugh:
    Wu-Yin is also a stimulant laxative.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Still :laugh:

I had to convert 3 lbs = 1.36 kg!!!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So according to my scale....I weigh 3 lbs less after pooping! Is this right?!

Dang that must have one hell of a do-do.

I never lose anything weightwise afterwards - I am beginning to think it is a conspiracy :laugh:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That's an impressive sized food baby.

I swear I give birth out of my *kitten*

Oh my how hard do you have to push?!!?!! haha

OMG - way too much info - but so funny!

Love a bit of **** conversation in the morning! haha

x

it's horrible, i push and moan and i've even cried before! once it starts coming it doesn't stop
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 3lb poop baby! I always weigh more after I poop.

Wow. Another person defying the laws of nature.

Of all the weird mfp threads I've seen, this one is right up there, people.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    1109MoreCrap--1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I needed a good laugh this morning!!!!!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've always heard the phrase "a pound a poop" which I interpreted as on average you'd drop a pound every time you pooped but I've checked before and the scale doesn't seem sensitive enough to tell some times lol

Curiosity led me to weigh my "output" once - 300g or 11 ozs - so a pound a poop sounds about right.
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have no weight differences before and after! :)
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    you might need stitches! LMAO