Rudeness Is the New Appetite Suppressant

Options
1235»

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am shocked how many people let someones comments get them down... why do you even care??
    Not everyone is thick skinned and being female gives us a disadvantage because most of us feel very strong emotions. I have learned to hide my feelings, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lol, was he Asian?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Uh... *blink blink*... huh?
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    I've just been WAITING for someone to say something like that to me, because I want to respond with, "Well, I can always lose weight, but it looks like you'll always be an *kitten*."

And walk away.
  • eve1964
    eve1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If it were me, that loud thunk you heard wouldn't have been my co-workers jaw, it would have been his rude *kitten* hitting the floor!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Without the second part he said, I was thinking "oh maybe he didn't mean anything harmful" but reading the second sentence, this is just plain rude and insensitive. Just curious, is he single? LOL
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wow that is crazy
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would of said something to him to make him feel like an *kitten*.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    "Why yes, with TRIPLETS! WHY? am I showing already?"

Yeah...I would have handled it exactly as you did...then thought of this later and WISH it was what I said!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Having experienced rude people (they are everywhere...) I have been known to say "Oh, are you a doctor?" Or "Wow...your mama didn't teach you manners, did she?"

I LOVE discussions like this, because it helps me to be prepared with come-backs for when it happens to me. (and it WILL/DOES)

As a VERY wise YOUNG MFP member said not too long ago when something similar was said...."I shouldn't waste any time thinking about it because as soon as he left, I'm sure HE didn't!"

People like that just aren't worth the energy. YOU are on the right path. KEEP IT UP and don't let HIS RUDE affect YOUR SPIRIT!
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Girl, just consider the source in which it came from. Don't lower yourself to his standards by forgetting your upbringing. You've heard many times I am sure, Karma is a ***** and it sucks when it comes back around and bites you on the *kitten*. His *kitten* and Karma will meet up and you can bet it's gonna hurt.

See, I would just assume that if he's this rude to me he's probably been this way to others, and the karma that is coming to kick him in the *kitten* is coming in the form of ME. :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am shocked how many people let someones comments get them down... why do you even care??

Insecurity perhaps. It takes time to learn how to let things bounce off of you. I used to let other people influence a lot of parts of my life. That was until I realized I wasn't happy. Now everything is like water off a duck's back to me.

It's not easy to learn though.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I should also add that comebacks are as pathetic as the people making the comments to you.

The best thing you can do is say "No, I am not pregnant. Have a nice day." with a genuine smile and walk away. I realize people like to be seething and have the last word - but what really does that do for you? Firing back an insult at them makes you feel good because they sent one your way? Be the bigger person and move on and let them think you didn't even register what they said.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've just been WAITING for someone to say something like that to me, because I want to respond with, "Well, I can always lose weight, but it looks like you'll always be an *kitten*."

And walk away.

Lol. Very close to my personal favorite... "I can always lose weight, but what are you going to do about your face?"
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My question would be "What the hell business is it to ANYONE how someone looks?" That is way beyond rude and so unnecessary! That *kitten* needs to take a look inside to realize just how miserable he is.

And on a personal note - as a kid of about 11 or 12 a man told me my legs were a mess. Losts of mosquito bites. I was mortified and told my dad about it. He told me that I did not have to respect anyone who did not respect me. From that day, I will NOT keep my mouth shut to *kitten* that feel it is their job in life to make others miserable. They can all go to....

Don't let anyone talk to you like that, you don't deserve it, AND IT IS NON OF THEIR BUSINESS!!!!!!
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    What a jerk..I waited tables and this table of guys God isnt that the fatest set of legs you ever seen..Well I stopped , put my tray down and wrote my name...he looked at me all red faced, I told him here is my autograph. I said what you see can be change with a better diet..your problem there is no help for..I confront those who comment, I have no guts really but this I will not stand for.
    I hear boy shes fat, I turned and say, sorry were you talking about me..or the little child that goes boy why are you so fat..I said God wanted me to meet you he smiled and left, his parents a bit embarrassed,knew where he got it from..People are just rude..They were never taught manners..You are a better person!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Nice, what an asshat! Don't let his idiotic words hurt you.

My Dad this past August told me I was fat. I told him I may be fat but that it was way better than being an *kitten* because at least I can change being fat, he would always be an *kitten*. Then I slugged him in the arm and walked away. I didn't allow him to see or speak to my family until this 2012 Easter.
  • icec32
    icec32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a douche bag!!!
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I should also add that comebacks are as pathetic as the people making the comments to you.

The best thing you can do is say "No, I am not pregnant. Have a nice day." with a genuine smile and walk away. I realize people like to be seething and have the last word - but what really does that do for you? Firing back an insult at them makes you feel good because they sent one your way? Be the bigger person and move on and let them think you didn't even register what they said.

Personally, I'd want that guy to know that maybe, sometimes, when he embarrasses and humiliates a woman, she might just give back just as good as she gets. The first part of it can be excused as social ineptitude, but the second shows he was just a douche looking to prop up his own self esteem by belittling someone else. Maybe it'd make him think twice about it next time. Maybe not, in my experience *kitten* aren't generally very bright. It's not going to make me feel better (I'm going to be angry about an incident like that and nothing I do or don't say is going to make a dent in that), but I'm going to stand up for myself regardless.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I think it can partially be attributed to the web and social media. People feel anonymous and invulnerable online and get use to saying any nasty thing that pops in their head.
    I do believe you are right! People are classless and heartless.
    Wait.... Are you talking about the story originally posted? Or the people commenting in this thread psychoanalyzing, judging the character of, and advocating violence toward a man they don't know based on one reported incident?