What is the craziest thing you believed to be true as a kid?

Options

Replies

• anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Oh, my brother and I set a rabbit trap in our back yard when I was about 5 and he was 7. We were sooo excited when we "caught" this pretty black bunny. He was our pet for years! My brother was relating the story to somebody when he was 20 and I was 18 and my parents finally told us that they had bought the rabbit and put him in our trap to make us think we caught him. We were both crushed XDD
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Believed there really was a gigantic mother a$$ed "JAWS" shark in lakes!~ I am almost 42 and will not go into a lake by myself...LOL :blushing: :embarassed:
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    When I was really little, my mom convincend me that I had the power to turn red stoplights to green. She would wait until they were about to change and then tell me to wave my hands and say some magic words. I believed it for years.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My Mom told me I could lay eggs. I would sit on the floor cross-legged, and flap my wings "bawk, bawk" and when I would get up, there would be an egg behind me! I always wondered why the eggs I lay were brown when we visited by Grandma's farm :blushing:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My cousin and his friend used to babysit me when I was little. They were both 8 years older than me, so I was probably 6 or so and they would always tell me that I was "A Jive Turkey" and that they were calling the "High Jive Hotline" and reporting me and that someone was coming to take me away for talking while they were playing Atari.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, the movie IT scared me so much, I hovered over the toilet for almost 4 years between 8 and 12 because I was scared the clown was going to come out of the drain.
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Believed:
    If I swallowed bubble gum, I would fart bubbles.
    The Gum Trees in my cousin's front yard grew juicy fruit and bubbly yum.
    That my Dad had a metal plate in his head.

I was a really gullible child...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I thought that when my mom said spring (or whatever season) was just around the corner, I could walk to the end of the block and look around the curve of the street and see spring. I wasn't the brightest kid in town. :laugh:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I believed my stuffed animals protected me when I slepted. :ohwell:
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When I was a toddler, I thought when I laid down in my bed at night and heard my heartbeat, it was actually a giant running down the hill behind my house to get me...which in turned, scared me, causing my heartbeat to get louder and increase...so I thought he was getting closer, and closer, and running faster and faster.

I also thought the moon followed me around...you know, because I was more special than everyone else. HAH.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When I was very young, "Missle Command" came out in the arcade... I used to think those big antennae's you see around the city with the red flashing lights were ant-ballistic missles that the government stationed around the city to protect us from the Russians.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I thought dwarfs lived under the streets and controlled the stop lights...I also thought cats were girls and dogs were boys I have no idea were I came up with either.

^^ me too! On both of these! Funny.

... and that if I swallowed watermelon seeds, a watermelon would grow in my belly!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My brother and I thought our mum had eyes in the back of her head - because she said she did. Sometimes when her back was turned we'd stare at her bushy hair trying to see those elusive eyes.

My daughter used to think that when there were ants in the swimming pool they were there because their little ant friends had pushed them in. She also thought the neighbours used to come and hang out at our house when we weren't home.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A friend of our family told me that eating bread crusts made your hair curly. LOL :smile: Crazy, huh?
  • sporadica
    sporadica Posts: 133
    Options
    That there was an actual vacuum inside the vacuum cleaner... and I'm not going to tell you how old I was when I discovered differently. Physics- not my strong point :)
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Cops are the good guys
    Columbus was a hero

My mom always told me about Columbus. And my dad always told me about cops. But...I can see why people think this and may still think this.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    North was up, straight up
    If you dug a deep enough hole, youd eventually get to china
    Jelly was from jelly fish
    Crash was a fox
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    That stickers made the car or motorcycle go faster.
    That your belly button was just tied like a balloon knot.
    That a stork actually brought the baby to your parents. I think I was in fourth grade when I wondered how he knew when your dad f'd your mom.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    When I was really little, my mom convincend me that I had the power to turn red stoplights to green. She would wait until they were about to change and then tell me to wave my hands and say some magic words. I believed it for years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I do this to my 3 yr old !!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i thought that where you bought a tv determined what channels it got. where i lived i could get DC and Baltimore stations so i had a lot to watch but my grandparents only had like 4 channels. so one time my parents brought an extra tv of ours to my grandparents and i was so excited because i would be able to watch all my favorite channels/ shows. boy was i disappointed.