Men gamers..

Options
karylee44
karylee44 Posts: 892
what would you pick.. computer/xbox games... or having fun with your sig other? Really.. i can't seem to understand why a grown man would rather play computer games than sex? someone please explain this to me!!

Replies

• good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would much rather have the sex!!!!!
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    Why not both? haha!
  • karylee44
    Options
    Why not both? haha!
    well, that wouldn't be a problem.. the problem is.. it is xbox and only xbox..
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If you ever figure out the answer then would you please share it with me?

My husband is addicted to computer/play station games. Our sex life is very low, my needs are higher than average and I am frusterated a lot of the time.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Married a gamer- wish I knew why he prefers gaming over sex :S I've actually stopped trying to get him into bed. If he's interested he comes to me (no I spelled comes right :blushing: ) He explains to me that he games to relax.
  • s1lence
    Options
    Cerdwin- I know what you mean. I'm 14 years younger then my husband and I have a much higher sex drive but he doesn't seem interested in anything else beside playing on the Xbox 360.
  • karylee44
    Options
    i am 11 years younger and he has NO interest in sex at all.. My needs are very high and maybe once a year isn't coming close to cutting it..

im at a loss of what to do..
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Once a year? I can't fathom that. I have a feeling that gaming is not at the heart of the issue. He is probably using it as a distraction from the real problem. Have you both had a real discussion of the issue? Counseling may be worthy of consideration.
  • karylee44
    Options
    yup.. he says its all my fault.

he has no sex drive at all..
    he refuses to go to conceling.. because i am the only problem.. its all my fault. everything.
  • s1lence
    Options
    @ ATBnAz Don't know who you're talking to but if I'm one of them, yes I've talked to my husband about how sex life is lacking interest, he put it all towards his age, and the fact that we don't seem to be interested at the same time. He says that I shouldn't be jealous of the gaming and that if I am interested to just let him know. When I do, I still have to wait till he's done with the game which could be anywhere between 20 minutes to 3 hours.

Edited to say that by that time our son wakes up from naps or from sleeping so it kind of ruins the rest of the plans. Was kind of hoping that if it was just me being less attractive or because my self esteem was down that when I started losing weight and feeling better about myself it would change. But it's not about that so I've noticed. I've got lots of self esteem and prance around the house in clothes that would appeal to him but he just doesn't seem interested.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's too old?
    All the young guys I know (including my SO) love gaming but would still rather have sex
  • karylee44
    Options
    i can walk in front of the game naked and get told to get out of the way.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You should think about going to individual counseling then. It may be time to look seriously at this marriage and see if it is what you want.

My husband is also an avid gamer with a low sex drive. 2-3 times a month is it for us. It is very frustrating right now as we are trying to have a kid and he is not in the mood.
  • s1lence
    Options
    @Discoveri I hope you achieve having kids if that's what you want. The only time I actually got my husbands attention more then a few times a month was when I was pregnant. Now it's all back to the way it was or worse since our son wakes up at times that ruin it.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Thus I am single..lol.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @Discoveri I hope you achieve having kids if that's what you want. The only time I actually got my husbands attention more then a few times a month was when I was pregnant. Now it's all back to the way it was or worse since our son wakes up at times that ruin it.

He is a little freaked about having sex while I am pregnant. Guess we will just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    @s1lence - My previous comment was directed at karylee44. Age may be a factor, but at 47 my sex drive is a lot stronger than what the 2 of you are saying about your men, and one of them is about 7 years younger than me. :(

Low testosterone levels is also something which could be looked into.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    eh..I am 39 and still an avid gamer…I will drop my controller / mouse in a heartbeat to get some. That's how I roll.. Don't see why anyone would prefer the games instead of bumpin' !
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is indeed frustrating. Especially when they bring the Xbox on vacation.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bug my guy while he was gaming! But, I guess that is because I am a gamer girl so I get it.

I have gotten then "Let me get to a save point!" though LMAO... I let him and then pounce.

Seems to be other issues going on...