What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I broke open my jar of pickled herring, and I damn near couldn't stop!
    [/quoteYou don't hear of that much anymore....Used to be quite popular in the UK few years back...I don't this generation would thank you..Lol
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I love eggs. <3<3<3. Add some volume by making an omlette with 2 eggs and a ton of veggies. :)

I love 2 hard-boiled large Eggland's Best eggs!
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    An avocado mozzarella omelette! 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup lo fat mozz, cooked in a tsp of coconut oil. Topped with Sriracha! 400 calories, delicious!
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like 2 slices of wheat toast with hummus on them, topped with 2 eggs sunny side up and some type of fruit and a cup of coffee. That's usually my 3:30 AM breakfast. Sometimes I just have cereal with either blue or strawberries, lowfat milk and a cup of coffee.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate Shakeology every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I put fruit in it, but usually I just have it plain. It is DELISH, only 150 calories AND it fills me up and gives me my vitamins for the day!!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eggs. My breakfast almost every day is I chop up onion and 3 mini sweet peppers and sautee them. Then I throw one whole egg, 2 servings of egg white and .5 oz of cheddar cheese in and scramble it up. That's 217 cals. I usually add berries and a cup of coffee and it comes to just under 300 cals.
  • briebebe
    briebebe Posts: 21
    Options
    I try and eat a whole egg, soft boiled, and 100% whole wheat toast. Oh, and nonfat chai latte I make at home. When we start to eat too many egg whites alone we breakup eggs perfect protein balance. Did you know an egg is the most complete protein?
  • mssharonkay
    Options
    I eat yogurt (chobani) and granola and coffee!
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    depending on what im doing/eating the rest of the day depend on how much i eat for breakfast
    ill have 1 or 2 of these,
    i like ryvita with sliced banana,
    jam on toast
    crumpets
    fruit salad
    chopped apple + cereal bar
    bran flakes (chopped up fruit ontop)
    scrambled eggs
    english muffin
    blueberry muffin
    freshly made smoothie is great for on the go (made night before)
    porridge with something else on top?? rasins /honey/ banana
    herbal tea
    mushrooms/beans on toast
  • CUT3ANDS3XIAN0R3X1
    Options
    I keep my calories pretty low.
    I'll either have a Activia Light vanilla yogurt with some berries
    or 2 pieces of 35 calorie whole wheat toast, no butter, just Aldi's fit and active strawberry jelly.
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Sometimes I eat either a banana or some grapes..other days I have special k cereal and then sometimes i have half of a raisin and cinnamon bagel with 1 tablespoon of strawberry cream cheese <--this last one is my favorite.
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    Options
    My usual breakfast is two scrambled eggs with about a tablespoon of ground flax seed spread over them. And a half a banana with peanut butter.

About the flax seed, I don't cook it, I just grind it and pour it over my already cooked eggs.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I like something hot and I need some protein. I also have a bit of a sweet tooth. My favourite breaky is 2 slices ww (or other low cal) raisin bread, a swipe of peanut butter, and a bunch of sliced strawberries on the side. It comes in at about 250 calories, but I feel so satisfied. I really look forward to breaky now.
  • dmmont38
    dmmont38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up, if I eat the same thing every day after a while it gets very boring. So I have eggs or cereal or a shake, it all depends on what mood I wake up. But all of it is low cal and good for ya.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oats with almond butter and protein powder, or for less cals go with 9 table spoons of 100% liquid egg whites with diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella >makes a huge satisfying tasty omelete thats under 200 cals and high in protein.
  • jewal730
    jewal730 Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep it up!! I have been doing the shakes also for breakfast and lunch. I have lost 10 lbs!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Because I usually don't get up real early, breakfast is usually my protein bar meal... 200-240 calories. When I can eat breakfast, it is usually a sausage biscuit.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I rotate between Better Oats oatmean (cinnimon roll, maple & brown sugar, and blueberry muffin are my favorite flavors) Oikos greek yougurt with quick oats mixed in, and half a grape fruit. All are under 200 calories. Occasionally if we have bagels, I will have a quarter or half of one with butter. The Thomas Bagel thins are a good option, 1 bagel is only ~110 calories.
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a 100 calorie pack of emerald chocolate roasted almonds (delicious!), blueberries, a little bit of brown sugar and a hard boiled egg. Wash it down with a glass of water and wala! :D It's actually the main meal that I look forward to everyday!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Poached eggs on 2 slices of Wholemeal toast, no butter.