What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options

Replies

• candacegooding
    Options
    3 scrambled egg whites on top of two slices of Nature's Own 40 calorie/slice honey wheat toast with 1/8 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese on top. For the two slices of toast and eggs it a little under 180 calories then you can add fruit to go with it
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie...around 350 calories and extremely satisfying.

1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1 cup non fat plain yogurt
    1 cup V8 Fusion (or generic brand) Light Vegetable/Fruit juice

Put all in blender and blend for 30-45 seconds

Makes about 12 oz or so
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 egg whites and 1 full/whole egg (bc I like yellow, it tells me I'm eating eggs lol) I make it like an ommelette ... with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and scallions and 1 slice of 2% cheese. A little bit of ketchup, and 2 slices of turkey bacon... its like 250 cals. And it tastes amazing! You can substitute with what you like, maybe some light sausage, or red and green pepper and onions and salsa for a southwest type thing... either way.. its all amazing :) And healthy too! Even on a day when you want something close to fattening... have a couple waffles with light syrup and light sausage... still around 300-350 cals, and you feel like your eating normal food :)
  • jewal730
    jewal730 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI, so i have porridge every day with 6 dried apricots cut up into three each sprinkled on top. It is delish but i'd like to branch out a little as it is around 310 calories and although very healthy i'd like to save some calories every so often. Anyone have any tasty, quick, healthy breakfast ideas they could share? if possible low calorie would be FAB <3
    Try joining the Body By Vi challenge..the shakes are great!. I usually have a strawberry or mixed berry shake for breakfast.
    jewal730.myvi.net
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I also eat 1-2 sunny side up eggs (in pam) on top of a slice of toast with turkey bacon... also yummy and low cal.
  • blazer4280
    blazer4280 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been doing Body by Vi shakes for breakfast. If I could just live off of cake batter, I would, but the Body by Vi is a much more reasonable substitute. ;-) My favorite is the Butterfinger shake, and it's 257 calories.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of habit and can eat the same thing over and over again... so I usually have either oatmeal, made with almond milk instead of water (preferably with blueberries, strawberries, or raisins added), or Greek yogurt (preferably with blueberries added).

Very occasionally if I'm really in a rush in the morning I just have a banana, because I can eat it in the car. Then I just have a mid-morning snack sooner than I usually might.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs (with ketchup, but thats just my preference :tongue: ), steamed spinach and turkey bacon almost every single time I eat breakfast. Keeps me full for hours and 2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon (which ranges from 30 cals for 2 strips to 30 cals for 1 strip, depending on brand and fat content) and 2 cups of spinach equals around 190-220 calories.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I saute a little diced red onion, diced tomato(half a small-med) then I add 2 beaten eggs to the pan. season with salt, pepper, and chilli flakes. Throw in some chopped coriander(cilantro).

I have these savoury scrambled eggs with 1 slice of grain bread toasted and a cup of coffee.

Breakfast around 280cals
  • emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I mix up 25g oats, 20g linseeds, 20g sultanas or raisins, 25g cashew nuts with 75ml orange juice and leave to soak over night. In the morning I add 2tbsp low fat yogurt. It's not the lowest calorie breakfast, but it gets me through the morning :wink:
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal with yoghurt as I don't like milk.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I usually have Weetabix Crunchy Bran, Natural Fat Free Yogurt and Strawberries but before that I have one pint of water
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Soft-boiled egg and toast soldiers :)
    I'm such a child!
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i always,ALWAYS eat buckwheat. i mean - 125g = 115 cals! and the bowl is full x.x so yummy!
    i usually eat it in about 15 minutes. some say it curbs your appetite for the day,some that is not appetizing at all,well,i just eat it because its so yummy,aaand perfect for breakfast. D:
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i usually eat nestle fitness cereals with low fat milk ( 152 cals ) , 1 medium banana with 10 g of peanut butter ( 180 cals ) and strawberry milkshake ( 80 cals )
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have:

Instant oatmeal topped with some form of fruit - depending what I have in
    Slice of poppy seed and rye bread toasted and topped with either beans/a poached egg/scrambled eggs + sriracha
    Two slices of lean bacon with fresh tomatoes and baked beans
    cereal topped with yoghurt and fruit
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I switch between porridge with fruit (mine only has around 220-280) and fruit salad with yoghurt and toast, or rice waffle. Or juice and toast with jam... or peanut butter... there are so many possibilities ... I always like a breakfast egg as well, it makes me full for longer
  • ann2012evans
    Options
    bowl of cream of wheat and a side dish of diced cantaloupe is something I like, or a cup of tomatoe or sweet pea soup to drink instead of my morning coffee...:smile:
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Most mornings, old fashioned oatmeal, with some craisins, splenda and chopped apples if I have it.